It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why guns are good, why guns are bad.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have a lot of friends in military/law enforcement circles and they have given me a bit of trigger time with several models of full auto weapons. I do have to say in general, Class III weapons are a hell of a lot of fun! However, they are of limited usefulness.

TC, your Mac is an interesting weapon, but there is a reason it is known as a "phone booth gun", and the practical range for them, across a phone booth. The MP-5 was considerably more user friendly and more accurate, but I just have a hard time finding a true use for ANYTHING in 9mm!

Now, the HK MP-53 is a totally different story! Essentially, a cut down HK G3 (7.62mm) to something the size of an MP-5..... muzzle blast city! But, that is what I would prefer for serious social purposes....

If I ever did decide to get something Class III, I guess I would just have to have an old Thompson M1928 SMG. Big, heavy, but capable of sending an almost endless stream of those big heavy .45 slugs downrange (and quite accurate as well!)

But, in the real world, even though they would be cool to have (and maybe not a bad idea considering the arguement to be made about constitutionality and protecting the public from the government) a good, accurate reliable semi-auto is all that one needs.

As much fun as the MP-53 was, I am still very comfortable with an old M1A.

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
In a mob-scenario, perhaps a good weapon-of-choice would be a chainsaw...Noisy, messy & it carries a "horror factor" on those who might see themselves as a victim...Especially if the user can develop the "screaming, wide-eyed, dilated pupils" look.

Hmmm...I wonder how Sodamn Insane would react if he found himself unarmed & alone in a room with a chainsaw maniac?...Kinda brings terrorism back home to roost, doesn't it? Not to mention the "poetic justice" factor...

[Edited on 5-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
BLAH! I need to know why hand guns shouldn't be banned.. I really don't care if they're good or not cause where I live.. I don't think there has been one shooting. But I mean.. Reallyyyyyyyyyyy. I can't find anything and I'm about to rip my hair out of my head. I have a stupid debate on Monday and I can't find anything. =/ This isn't cool. -.-;

-;Pout.;-

Where can a 15 year old girl find this info 'cause I'm about to give up.. GRRR.

Help... ;-;

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by joehayner
[mguns can kill people and some people kill others not on purpose just because the guns are there but it would be impossible to get back every gun that everyone has that r out there i know that.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
because they kill people duhhh!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join