It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian 5th Generation Stealth Fighter PAK-FA has flown.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Fully agreed, this dogfight show is a NATO-sided joke. There's just too many things wrong with what they're saying for me to start picking at it. Though I will say that as soon as I saw Tom Clancy on it I had a "jeez not this crap again" moment. Tom Clancy is nothing more than some American nut who is popular because he writes books about how the US always prevails in all conflicts without failure. He is the furthest thing from credibility in a neutral weapons discussion, yet most weapons shows I've seen on TV feature him as if he flies these jets himself.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

sorry. 90 miles is not a range managed today. 90km rather!

DD3

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
After reading the August 2010 Issue of "AirForce Monthly", I''m so SHOCKED at how much the F-22 haz MAJOR PROBLEMZ, that the USAF/Boeing iz not telling the American people.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Is this the same 5 th gen plane which indians have funded or will there be another palne developed...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Good point, well presented! How else did America develop the B1-B 'Lancer' if they did not aquire the blueprints for the Concord or the Tu-144?

Nobody can say, "Well, take one B-52 J; stretch it; whack on 4 Olympus style engines and.............................";

How else did America develop the M1A1 'Abram' MBT if they did not aquire the blueprints (probably Chieftain)from the UK?

To jump technologically from the M60 'Patton' to a future generation in one design step, accepting the co-operation of Rheinmettal-Borsig, is simply mind blowing;

You see? It's so easy to point the finger at another country and acuse them of spying without a single shred of evidence!

As another poster has said, it is not humans that design aircraft these days, it is computers. That is how we Brits developed the much vaunted Eurofighter 'Typhoon'.

You simply tell the computer you want your aircraft to do this, that and the other; give it a good few lines of binary coding; add the odd pinch of salt and..................................hey presto!

One new aircraft which the whole ATS membership will say, categorically, is inferior or superior to everybody else's air force.

The furore about the PAK-FA and its ability, vis-a-vis air to air combat and being stealthy will continue to grumble on and on and on, like a very old Ariston and on one thing we should all agree.

Until the Russians mass produce this aircraft and it has flown combat missions against any reasonably armed enemy air force, we cannot sit in judgement and pass comment on what it can or cannot do.

It's a bit like speculation on what the F-22 or F-35 can or cannot do..................................................

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Drsham

yes and no

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join