It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sukhoi T-50 - First flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I haven't found a website that has this news, so I'll post the link to where I read it(has a picture), plus translation in quotes.

jn.sapo.pt...

This friday, the new Sukhoi T-50 made his first sucessful flight, reported in a Sukhoi aeronautic group press release.

Olga Kaiukova, spokesman for the Sukhoi company, reported "all schedueled tasks were completed sucessfully".

The flight lasted 45 minutes.

Russia started to develop this new 5th generation aircraft in the early 90's of the last century.

This new model will be able to do 24hour missions and fly long distances in supersonic speed. The fighter is equiped with a state of the art navigation system and a full automatic defense system.

Mikhail Pogossian, director of Sukhoi, stated that he considers the first flight a huge sucess of russian science, adding that this program will be developed together with India.

"I'm convinced that our joint project will be better than our 'rivals' in the West, accordingly to the cost/efficiency subject."

Vice-minister Vladimir Popovkin had already stated that Russia Armed Forces will start to receive this fighters in 2015.

The United States, are for now, the only country in the world that already owns a 5th generation fighter jet.

Well, the aircraft looks good, and if they can keep up with the "russian philosophy" of "it's hugly but it works", I think we have a real contender to the F-22 here.

It's "sad" (to those that love this type of aircrafts) that we never get to see combats between the countries from which this aircrafts are native, only proxy encounters.

The same way I would love to see a Sukhoi-27 against a F-15 Eagle, now I would really like to see a F-22 against the T-50.

[edit on 29/1/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hi,

Think you'll find there's already a thred on this here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

new topics

join