It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonardo Da Vinci's body to be exhumed to explore origins of the mona lisa?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

ROME – The legend of Leonardo da Vinci is shrouded in mystery: How did he die? Are the remains buried in a French chateau really those of the Renaissance master? Was the "Mona Lisa" a self-portrait in disguise?
A group of Italian scientists believes the key to solving those puzzles lies with the remains — and they say they are seeking permission from French authorities to dig up the body to conduct carbon and DNA testing.

not sure if this is the forum it belongs in but hopefully i chose the right one

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
on the surface of the story there seems to be little conspiracy if any, but the potential is there for a lot to develop

many things surround the existence of Da Vinci and his creations, there seems to be a lot to gain from exhuming his body
i wonder if it will go forth and what other things we may learn about this great mind if they are allowed to dig up his remains

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So this is a symbolic tomb in Amboise France and they are not even sure yet whether there are any bones? Apparently Amboise was known as a kings retreat and there are some high ranking Cardinals buried there as well. We are not seeing the conspiracy yet.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think a DNA sample would be a good thing to have on hand. Other than that, I refrain from commentary.

I hope the exhumation isn't that invasive.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Maybe a picture of his house would help?

www.woophy.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, bugger. I saw this a few days ago and decided, for whatever reason, not to put this up. Not exactly sure what I was thinking but I guess It didn't seem interesting enough. Whatever, it's here now.

Anyway, on topic, this would explain why the Mona Lisa isn't a very good looking lady, at least to me. I never understood why this painting is so important. I am no artist so what do I know. I can draw a stick figure, maybe, so my criticism of art needs to be taken with many grains of salt.

top topics

join