It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Children Hear voices, but aren't bothered.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Many children 'hear voices'; most aren't bothered
Buzz up!245 votes Send
Email IM Share
Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Twitter Yahoo! Bookmarks Print Mon Jan 25, 9:51 am ET
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) – Nearly 1 in 10 seven- to eight-year-olds hears voices that aren't really there, according to a new study.

But most children who hear voices don't find them troubling or disruptive to their thinking, the study team found. "These voices in general have a limited impact in daily life," Agna A. Bartels-Velthuis of University Medical Center Groningen in The Netherlands wrote in an email to Reuters Health.

And parents whose children hear voices should not be overly concerned, she added. "In most cases the voices will just disappear. I would advise them to reassure their child and to watch him or her closely."

Up to 16 percent of mentally healthy children and teens may hear voices, the researchers note in the British Journal of Psychiatry. While hearing voices can signal a heightened risk of schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders in later life, they add, the "great majority" of young people who have these experiences never become mentally ill.
Not uncommon

Well, well,well, so "imaginary" friends and such are not as uncommon as many would have one believe. I find that rather interesting.

Parents have always viewed children who have "imaginary" friends and such as being odd. However, it might be argued, I presume, that a child without "imaginary" friends may be the odd one.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Seems like America's youth is really going to be in trouble in the future. Even most might mature, More and More children are growing up to become basically losers. The new generations of adults will possibly be the death of America. But, it's the way of life. Nothing last forever.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's highly likely that they are experiencing their natural ability to communicate with spirit before we (the grown ups) instill some kind of religion or 'education' into them and tell them what they can and cannot believe/hear/see.

They don't know that they shouldn't see/hear. We tell them that. We tell them that it's unholy, or the devil's work, or just silly, or unscientific or something similar. Because we know so much better than they do.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Funny, im 17, have been hearing voices my whole life, and last night was the last time in 2 years it has happened. then i see this haha.

Really though, last night i was being talked too. i responded, but i have no idea what was being said. i cant remember.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Seems like America's youth is really going to be in trouble in the future. Even most might mature, More and More children are growing up to become basically losers. The new generations of adults will possibly be the death of America. But, it's the way of life. Nothing last forever.

I bet the adults thought the same thing of your generation. Don't worry, people will mature... I hope.

I do question some of my peers though.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
It's highly likely that they are experiencing their natural ability to communicate with spirit before we (the grown ups) instill some kind of religion or 'education' into them and tell them what they can and cannot believe/hear/see.

They don't know that they shouldn't see/hear. We tell them that. We tell them that it's unholy, or the devil's work, or just silly, or unscientific or something similar. Because we know so much better than they do.

I agree...
...I have also thought that children hearing a voice and having 'secret friends'...
...is perhaps a vestidual ability to hear the Spirt.

People who are quickened or spiritually reborn can hear the voice again...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27

"...if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I couldn't disagree more.
Seriously,I couldn't.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants.

From the mouth of Babes

Joel 2:28- "It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions.
Prophesy

[edit on 28-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

join