It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did USA come to Haiti to spy on Cuba?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3ab91351b4a.gif[/atsimg]

Look how convenient it is for the U.S.A. to spy on Cuba. I won't even mention what caused the earthquake or plenty of oil underground there.

You may think that the Cold War is over, but yet we tip toe around this tiny island.

The military presence there tells us something is up. Watch any news show on TV (yes that means CNN and FauxNews) and you'll see a strong military presence there.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Look how convenient it is for the U.S.A. to spy on Cuba.

Would it not be more convenient to spy on Cuba from Florida? Or perhaps from their base on the island itself...Guantanamo Bay?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Would it not be more convenient to spy on Cuba from Florida? Or perhaps from their base on the island itself...Guantanamo Bay?

For what reason?

USA now have an excuse... aid to Haiti.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Look how convenient it is for the U.S.A. to spy on Cuba. I won't even mention what caused the earthquake or plenty of oil underground there.

You may think that the Cold War is over, but yet we tip toe around this tiny island.

The military presence there tells us something is up. Watch any news show on TV (yes that means CNN and FauxNews) and you'll see a strong military presence there.

You're absolutely right! Forget that Florida... loaded with military bases just spitting distance from Cuban waters, we want Haiti!

And don't pay attention to that unstable fault zone that runs under Port au Prince, it was the ee-ville USA (the little man behind the curtains pulling levers and switches?) who made the Earth shake.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

For what reason?

USA now have an excuse... aid to Haiti.

Hey, don't ask me...it's your premise, not mine.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Go ahead and be a funny man. The U.S.A. needs more funny men like you

Just think about this. The U.S.A. have unsuccessfully been trying to infiltrate Cuba for 40+ years. Now that's

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

Go ahead and be a funny man. The U.S.A. needs more funny men like you

Just think about this. The U.S.A. have unsuccessfully been trying to infiltrate Cuba for 40+ years. Now that's

Not being funny... sarcasm was the intent.

Look, I really do not trust my government nor would I doubt they spend a lot spying on Cuba. But to link a terrible, natural disaster to this is so politically motivated, not to mention just ridiculous, it is almost beyond belief.

Think about it. Florida is just a few miles from Cuba and we already have tons of military and intelligence assets in place. Beyond that, our economy is in a mess and military stretched anorexically thin already.

There's no logic to the theory.

Natural disasters do happen, especially in geographically unstable zones where there are numerous faults and active subduction zones.

None of that is funny... but as sure as the sun rises, someone will try and make a political play toy of it.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Hey, don't ask me...it's your premise, not mine.

You brought them up so I'm asking you.

The military presence in Florida could be a defensive position? If there's an enemy in one place, it stands to reason that there's a defense place nearby?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Although I suspect that occupying Haiti to spy on Cuba was one idea put forward I believe it has more to do with the Oil and resources the country holds.

History between the US and Haiti

You see its like this Haiti had recently found gold and had started their oil production which meant that once the money started to roll in, they would be able to pay off their debt and not be governed by france or the US. Because of the spiralling dollar and the economic situation in the US there was a very good chance that Haiti ,Cuba and venezuela would get together and fight their way out of poverty, thus leaving the US on its own Now the earthquake has 'myseriously' happend **cough 'Haarp' **cough, the US has started the occupation.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Look, I really do not trust my government nor would I doubt they spend a lot spying on Cuba. But to link a terrible, natural disaster to this is so politically motivated, not to mention just ridiculous, it is almost beyond belief.

I agree that it is very terrible. I am not going to mention any conspiracy related to the earthquake in Haiti.

But it seems that the news is so involved in that tragedy that it seems that something is up.

Yesterday I was watching a BBC World News on TV and I'm seeing a strong USA military presence there. It just seems that there is a big interest there for some reason.

Think about it. Florida is just a few miles from Cuba and we already have tons of military and intelligence assets in place. Beyond that, our economy is in a mess and military stretched anorexically thin already.

Yes, but that's for defense.

None of that is funny... but as sure as the sun rises, someone will try and make a political play toy of it.

Well, we can already see that happening. Politicians run to aid to make themselves look good.

Something is up.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Well, you are certainly free to believe what you choose to. I won't argue that. But you may want to evaluate your theories in depth before making what is a terrible, human tragedy in Haiti, into a political beach ball.

I'm done here.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

"Well, we can already see that happening. Politicians run to aid to make themselves look good."

"Something is up"

So what your getting at is Obama will need more teleprompters

They blamed katrina on bush and hati on this goberment I guess we AMERICANS can do no good

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

So what your getting at is Obama will need more teleprompters

LOL. I've heard about that.

And Bush? Why was he so slow to help after Katrina hit?

I guess we AMERICANS can do no good

No, it's actually the America GOVERNMENT that is up to no good.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I realy dont think we (U.S.) are their to spy on cuba the U.S. has invested alot of money in to hati or it could be we are the closest developed nation with the means to deliver the supply's that they desperately need

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

And yet we have not helped them before. If you notice, Haiti was poor and in need of a serious help before the earthquake.

I mean come on, does it take a natural disaster for anyone to help others? Something is seriously wrong here.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Redoubt is right! We are there not only to spy on Cuba, but it is just a hop skip and a jump from our underwater base at Atlantis!

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I would think, like some of the other replies, it would be just as easy to do so from Florida as it would be Haiti. Considering the capital of Cuba havana is no more then 100miles from florida.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

And yet we have not helped them before. If you notice, Haiti was poor and in need of a serious help before the earthquake.

I mean come on, does it take a natural disaster for anyone to help others? Something is seriously wrong here.

You need to do some simple research. The US sends 280,000,000 per year to Haiti in aid, and has been for years. That would be before the earthquake.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What a bunch of bullocks...listen, earthquakes have happened before the USA existed and they will exist long after the USA is little more than ancient ruins..

If we wanted to spy on cuba, we would simply goto cuba...we own land there on the east with a big military base...

sometimes a earthquake is simply a earthquake

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Everyone is looking at Cuba, but why not look at that map again and take note that its not Cuba that is the intended target. It's Venezuela. With massive US troops in Haiti, we have the ability to disguise any actions that are planned against Venezuela and if that's the case, whats going on in Venezuela that might draw our national interests to that region?

Could it be that Venezuela oil is closer to the USA than the oil coming out of the middle east and that we also have covetous eyes on South American Latin countries? Chavez is always barking we are planning an invasion. Who's to say Chavez isn't being factual?

Well, anyway there's my thoughts on the subject. Look to Venezuela and you will see why Haiti is a key geographic position for staging operations into South America and if you cant see that, then you cant see much.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join