It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens In Our Ancient History

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Very interesting, I would always question the pictures with the strange U.F.O's or Alien life forms. But I honestly never thought I would see that many. Is there any other site where there are pictures like these?

But good job non the less Comrade

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They also found maps of the entire world in South America that were at least two or three thousand years old.
They found a wall where the stones were in perfect shapes to fit together, I thing they were in an H shape, scientists thought that only lasers (or some other advanced method) could cut the stones so perfectly. The closest source of stone was a few thousand miles away and this wall had tribal paintings of animals the likes. The wall was said to be built a few thousands years ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keliko favlaka
They also found maps of the entire world in South America that were at least two or three thousand years old.

Um, no.

They found a wall where the stones were in perfect shapes to fit together, I thing they were in an H shape, scientists thought that only lasers (or some other advanced method) could cut the stones so perfectly.

Puma Punka.

Who is this "they?"

The closest source of stone was a few thousand miles away and this wall had tribal paintings of animals the likes.

Actually, just across the lake from the site is where the quarry is located.

Harte

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thought I'd add this little gem

www.archaeologydaily.com...

Looks like a bit more than a creative expresionism. Looks more like they were experiencing the real deal. JMO

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Does anybody know why Moses is depicted with horns in certain sculptures and paintings?

I don't understand the symbolism. Is it a "veneration" thing?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

From Wikipedia

Exodus 34:29-35, according to most translations, tells that after meeting with God the skin of Moses' face became radiant, frightening the Israelites and leading Moses to wear a veil. Jonathan Kirsch, in his book Moses: A Life, thought that, since Moses subsequently had to wear a veil to hide it, Moses' face was disfigured by a sort of "divine radiation burn".

This Exodus passage has led to one longstanding tradition that Moses grew horns. This is derived from an alternative interpretation of the Hebrew phrase qâran ‘ôr pânâw (קָרַן עוֹר פָּנָיו). The root קרן Q-R-N (qoph, resh, nun) may be read as either "horn" or "ray of light", depending on context. As a noun, this word turns up some ninety times within the Hebrew Bible, and always means "horn". The alternative meaning, "ray of light", turns up only in the post-Biblical Hebrew literature. As a verb, the three verses describing Moses' appearance are the only three examples in the Biblical and post-Biblical literature of this verb ever being translated as "shine". Aside from the references to Moses, the verb is always understood to mean "have horns" (cf: Ps 69:32, for the one other Biblical occurrence). ‘ôr pânâw (עוֹר פָּנָיו) translates to "the skin of his face".[125]

Thanks for making me look for it.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join