It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens In Our Ancient History

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Right now - in our world and at this time, if an alien craft appeared in our sky, just how much of that even would be written down? Painted, carved and sculpted the event would be prolific - it would be monumental, it would be the biggest thing - ever!
Here we have the odd picture of maybe a flying ship in amongst a load of standard text. The supposed UFO's take up about 5% of the whole picture - 5%!

People who have barely invented the wheel see a flying ship in the sky and contribute no more than 0.0000000001% of their literature to it? Take Constable for instance - oh look, a giant alien craft in the sky! I think I'll go and paint a cart in a stream - you get my drift.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewsymonds
s and f for the thread...but you should also consider the possibility of ancient man being creative in painting..
aren't all artists creative?whether ancient or modern

No.

Seriously, art being a creative medium is only a recent developement. Most art is a form of communication. It exists to communicate an idea or a story. A dog isn't just a dog. A peacock isn't just a peacock. They are symbols that are their to communicate information and not just placed in the background because the artist thought it looked nice.

The Egyptians didn't depict their figures from the side because they didn't know how to draw. They did it because they were told to draw that way. Mayan art doesn't just happen to all have the same style. It was that way because the artists was instructed to make it look styalisticaly like all the other Mayan art.

The artists of the renaissance were no exeption.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I'm sure somone will tell me I'm wrong, and post a Bosch painting or something, but I don't think these guys just painted machines in the sky because they had a creative spurt.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
boy, we sure had a lot of crazy people back then, and we're only getting crazier.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
I also have a theory which is very off the wall I suppose, but that UFO's could be time travelers. Hence, they're in the paintings of MANY major events. We say time travelers wouldn't be allowed to intervene in our history, lest they destroy the time line to/of the future.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

Not so off the wall. I have often thought the exact same thing, that UFO's could be us from the future. Considering we know that UFO type craft have been produced by man since the early German attempts in the 40's. Who knows what we have today, never mind the future.

Let's face it, it's no stranger a theory than Aliens, which I think is just as possible an explanation. Although the future human theory would better explain the efforts in non communication, for fear of affecting the time-line.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Art, like literature, is wide open for interpretation.
When it comes to this subject however, being aliens and ufo's..I'm curious as to why everyone jumps on the "other world" band wagon?

Ever thought that perhaps in our not so distant future (if not already), that time travel is indeed a possibility?
Look at the eras in which these works of art were created.
If time travel were possible, who wouldn't want to see ancient Egypt?
Who wouldn't want to experience medieval Europe?
What secrets could be revealed by such trips into history.
Not by aliens..but by humans. Would they wear special suits? NO DOUBT!
Let your mind open.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

There's a thread somewhere on ATS that shows it very well.

Edit: This page explains it and shows a real photo.

[edit on 24/1/2010 by ArMaP]

I'm sorry, but that page didn't explain anything away. Even on the original photo, I can still clearly see a helicopter, a submarine (possibly) and some sort of flying machine with a tail section, not unlike a plane or shuttle.

The text of the page is just as much supposition as the theory that these are actually carvings of flying machines. Half of the heiroglyphs are stated as "unknown".

[Edit to alter crap HTML]

[edit on 25-1-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Since the dawn of time there have been people of questionable credulity willing to believe that some completely explainable archaeological pictographs suggest that we have been visited by aliens.
Erich Von Daniken was one of the first modern goofs to suggest such things, and despite the complete drubbing his fanciful works have taken his absurd theories continue re-propogating themselves.
It's really a bit like young earth creationism, it's not in any way shape or form believable or founded in facts, but if you keep dressing it up, and making it sound all 'sciency' someone's going to believe it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
i always thought it was really interesting that the nazcans shaped their skulls from birth to give them elongated heads , they would tie boards and ropes to infants skulls to shape them elongated.
Why would they do this ? apparently they wanted to be more like their gods !

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
You have no case for Pharaoh Akhenaten's depicted 'deformities', he certainly wasn't an alien.

[edit on 24/1/2010 by serbsta]

Genetic testing on Akhenaten and his family showed that they suffered from a disease called Marfan Syndrome. Dr. Robert Brier, an Egyptologist did a show on it on the Discovery Channel some years ago.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Akhenaten son, Tutankhamun a carried the gene as well as another genetic disorder called KlipKlippel Feil Syndrome (KFS).

One of the major problems of inbreeding. Genetic disorders and disease become greatly magnified.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Good link on page 1 to the original piece of work on the Heiroglyph... you can clearly see how much of a makeover has been given to the new photos... however i gotta say that the original still looks like crafts of some sort or it could just be our minds eye seeing what we want to believe...

Still though, the other atifacts and paintings in the OP definately seem to be saying something...

S+F

[edit on 25-1-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I have noticed that there are usually glowing sphears painted at the top corners of Icons (religious paintings), and usually there are people inside them.

In the above Icons of St. George it is a hand, maybe the hand of god?

Interesting thread though, keep it up.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by MotherGoose]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Star and Flag

This is the most awesome theory to research!!! I certainly believe that we are hybrids form alien DNA and were created by ancient 'alien' astronauts. The more this is accepted, which it is and at an alarming rate, the more I enjoy talking about this subject!!!!!!!!!!

You should look into Project Camelot and Dan Burisch.

He says that "aliens" are really our own human species from far, far into the future (2 different kinds from two different times). I don't know the whole story, but it's something to the effect of: our species has encountered genetic problems in the distant and have traveled back in time to sample our current DNA and help repair theirs.

There's also a group of scientists that attest that our DNA drastically altered and advanced a few thousand years ago without any significant evidence as to why the jump occurred.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

reply to post by ArMaP

The theory is interesting but should not be based in wrong data.

Couldn't this statement go both ways? For instance, the infamous Egyptian carving:

I don't really see where there is room for error or misconception on that picture...

The big misconception with this, is that Hieroglyphs weren't drawings, they were a way of communication, lettering similar to modern Chinese. Also, they've been recarved a least twice, Once in ancient times, and once recently to make them look even more like the modern machinery they implied.

members.tripod.com...

this site basically explains it. Nothing mysterious at all.

While I find this 'ancient astronauts' theory intriguing, most of the 'evidence' seems very much open to interpretation or misconception

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
check this out -

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
this is interesting as well-

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Man's origins must be accounted for here as well as in religion.
It should be obvious that man evolved many thousands of years ago.... along with some of our Solar System. Imagine that. Living in a cave, with your clan. Having generations of your people with the only wisdom coming from natural observances...
IN THE BEGINNING - www.varchive.org...

Now. Just how do those theories of gods, aliens, prophets evolve?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
excellent debunking! but what if they're wrong? even top scientists have admitted they have been wrong once in awhile. could you even imagine that all of religion was based beings from aliens from another world. what the impact it you would have.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

and because there the so called experts and what they say may ruin our fun doesnt mean that what they say are right either! its funny how not just the egyptians but other first civilizations of the world have the same type of evidence pointing to alien intervention if the government and religion wanted us to not know about it then they would pay the experts to plausibly debunk it because to actually accept alien intervention would be to change the world religion and gov. would no longer be what it is and in the end the world thrives on power and greed do you think they would allow it to desipate?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

alexander the great has also been noted on seeing flying shields as he called them in the sky!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join