It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Drugs: What a Joke! (MUST-SEE VIDEO!!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Cannabis was banned for a number of reasons, none of them based on sound medical fact or reasoning.

Hemp for instance, is a very versatile product that could easily dig into the markets of (or outright replace) the paper industry, and petroleum. And cannabis could easily do the same to the alcohol industry, the tobacco industry,and pharmaceuticals.

With so much money at stake, is it any wonder it was classified as a serious drug similar to coc aine?

Considering it bares none of the ill effects of any other drug in its classification, it seems pretty obvious drug laws in Canada, the US, the UK and in many other nations need review.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Cocaine is schedule 2 considered medically useful,it is LESS illegal than the Tree.
A one of those back assward asspects of this mess.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

Yup, their reasoning for that is coc aine has strong anesthetic (numbing) properties. Of course they will not acknowledge the studies showing the MJ helps those with bi-polar disorder, MS, and several other illnesses. There are even recent studies in europe showing it stops the blood vessel production of the most aggressive brain tumor, the glioblastoma, however this was known back in the 70's. The Nixon administration pulled the plug on that though, thanks to the industries that have lobbied against MJ for so long. Just more proof that our government has NO interest in securing the well-being of the people, just the $$ of the elite.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Hacked up guy was an informant according to the news when it first came out,funny how that part was dropped from your vid.Another product of prohibition."The love of money is the root of all evil things."Like soccer ball stitchery.

Factually,MJ smoke has ONE poison ingredient in far greater amounts than deadly nicotine delivery cigarettes.Ammonia,which the water process of filtration effectively removes.

In your rhetorical rant,you meant CO,BTW,not CO2.But you see,the CO causes the shortness of breath which is the self limiting mechanism that makes Puffing so harmless as you can't take endless amounts like a coke binge.Harshness to prevent OD you see?Remember the Tree is a creation,if you believe in a Creator.God make mistakes?

[edit on 24-1-2010 by trueforger]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
who needs mind altering drugs when we have you tube....do this @ full screen, dont take your eyes off the center until you see the red written instructions appear

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Very good article. It is so frustrating to watch the Drug War go on, it is like a remake of the prohibition of alcohol. Yet a lot of people still have the knee jerk reaction of completely dismissing the legalization of marijuana as if it is somehow different than alcohol.

Which actually it is different it actually does not hurt you and in fact may even help you.

To me it is so obvious that it is illegal because it would compete with various industries number one the pharmaceuticals. I also think the government wants it illegal because it just might open a lot of peoples minds up a little bit to what is really going on in the world. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 68eric86
Which actually it is different it actually does not hurt you and in fact may even help you.

Alcohol poisons your body in SO many ways, it's not even funny. Even though i drink a beer or two every now and again, it's probably the single worst substance you can take in, although there are vaso-dilating effects from occasional wine and beer, but those effects can be obtained with other natural substances. Moderation is key, but youre right, MJ is light years away from pretty much any other recreational substance as far as safety. Not to mention, how often do people become angry and abusive when smoking MJ? Nearly never, unlike alcohol, which causes so much pain for so many people who aren't even drinking it. The family situation in this country would likely improve greatly if more smoked MJ instead of drinking to unwind from a long day. That's just my opinion though.

To me it is so obvious that it is illegal because it would compete with various industries number one the pharmaceuticals. I also think the government wants it illegal because it just might open a lot of peoples minds up a little bit to what is really going on in the world. Just my 2 cents.

You're absolutely correct.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I know this is probably being discussed on another thread but I think it is worth reposting.

"In the study, THC was found to induce the death of various human brain cancer cell lines and primary cultured human brain cancer cells by a process known as autophagy."

www.sciencedaily.com...

This was from a 2009 study in Spain.

Shouldn't something like this be front page news on every media outlet, but yet I would be willing to bet almost no one has heard this who doesn't keep up with the subject.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
funny,, i am watching fast &furious 3 as we speak,,,,, and a light bulb went off

paul walker says,,,, yeah so we do a press release,,, that we took 10 kilo's off the street,,,, so what he"(the dealer) is still out there and will get more

and that's true,,, yeah they make a bust,,, recover drugs,,,,, but if it's not from it's original destination,,,,, it's futile

all that bust does is make the end users pay more for scarcity,, and lack of supply,, basic economics

it will only cause a minor,,, limited time disruption

also,, the war on drugs is more of an emotional war

people refuse to look at other countries who have legalized , marijuana, at least,,,,, there crime rates,,,, less users,, etc etc

and i thik the biggst con of all is how in most people's mind marijuana is evil and oh so bad,,,, and where did that opinion come from???? not from careful scrutiny,,, it seems to be just engrained in our head from somewhere

it's not,,,, has many uses,, medically,,, and hemp industrially

also,,,, i saw a study,,, it is easier for a jr high student to get marijuana than alcohol.... that is a fact,,,,, so regulation of alcohol is making it harder for kids to get,,,, yet people won't look at that,,,,no, no no, it;s got to be illegal

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Great vid. Star and flag for you mate.

The powers that be tell us that smoking cannabis will drive you mad and give you a split personallity...

I've been "going green" now for nearly 30 years and I can honestly say that when it comes to developing a split personallity, cannabis hasn't done a goddamn thing to either of me.

"Keep on smokin"

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Can make you more open to yourself.
As far as Paranoia I would say if people didn't freak out and just used it as an observation tool they would be much brighter.
Wow I think that dude drinks to much and then watches those old "This is your brain on drugs" Commercials

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Pot deludes reality, as does any drug, Crashing a car because your drunk or high means that if you weren't one of the above, you wouldn't go crash a car. And you can go claim "why not ban alcohol?". It's simple. You ban it for people who abuse it. The problem? Most people drink responsibly. Most people do not smoke responsibly. Beer will actually kill you if you drink too much. Pot will not. So you're right. But that's the inherit problem. It will not show its negative effects immediately. So you get high, keep getting high, drive and crash. Because if you were instead getting drunk, you'd keep getting drunk, then faint or barf, and unable to stand. The difference is quite oblivious. Beer has its own safeguard for drinking too much, in that if you over drink you simply can't hurt anyone else, cause you're on your ass drunk and in a borderline comma. Pot has no safeguards, thus making it far easier to cause harm to others.

2 case scenario with teenage Johny. Johny has pot, and Johny has beer, respectively.

Case 1: ) Johny has pot. Johny keeps smoking because, as you said, you can't OD from it. Johny gets so high he's willing to do anything. Johny gets this sick idea. He thinks he can go around and be a dumb ass knocking over mailboxes from his car with a bat. Johny is high on pot, and has no sense of reality or forethought, or common sense. Johny sees a dark figure, and so hits it, because Johny doesn't know what the frak he's trying to do. Johny bats an old lady, and kills her with his bat, thinking her as a mailbox. Pot didn't kill anyone? Maybe not. But its effects did. The solution? Weed is for dying people who don't want pain and don't want pain meds that can cause more damage than weed does. Weed will destroy their lungs and brain over time anyway, but they'll be dead. So who cares?

Case 2: ) Johny gets drunk equally as much as he was high in the above scenario. Johny gets the same idea. Johny gets up to try and do his dastardly deed, and Johny falls flat on his a** because he's so drunk. The old lady, and everyone's mailboxes, are safe tonight, because Johny got drunk instead of high. The law? Beer is for adults who know common sense and how to regulate themselves.

So you can boast all you want that you can't overdose on weed. But what on Earth does that have to do with causality? Kids get dumb ideas, and occasionally adults. Thus those reality smearing drugs are banned from them. Plenty of times drunk and high people have killed other people because they're dumbasses. the only difference is that those drunk folks were a lot less high than those folk high on pot. And those pot folks did worse things because they were more high

Now as to other people's responses. A bit of chemistry, mmky? Pot can kill over time no matter how you use it. The above is the effects of being high. And again, just because you can't die from being high doesn't mean you can't cause death because you have a warped view of reality.

Long term effects are just bad. Pot is used mainly by the youth. And as such, it is funny. Because youth think they are so immortal. Than 30 years down the road all the things they did add up and screw them over. Generations never change. glad I learned to learn from the past early in life.

is a process of dumbing down generation after generation:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

is addictive:
www.nap.edu...

Makes you more likely to be bat sh*t insane, especially if your ancestors were.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.bmj.com... xacttitle=and&andorexacttitleabs=and&andorexactfulltext=and&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&fdate=1/1/2000&tdate=3/31/2006&resourcetype=HWC IT

Recalculated due to the fact that the already mentally ill are more likely to use it:
news.bbc.co.uk...

bjp.rcpsych.org...

Of course, for most, if you're genetically going to go bat sh*t insane, you can't do anything about it. Pot just speeds you along your way.

www.reuters.com...

Science says that pot increases intelligence if you use it very shortly and than stop. That's great. but I observed in high school this supposed fact. All the top of the class were pot users. But today they seem unable to quit and continue to drop in grades.

The reason probably is that it temporarily allows more O2 to the brain due to higher blood flow. But of course, just like overclocking a computer, that degrades your brain over time. And in fact, because it is a natural law that all humans are blank slates capable of the same level of intelligence (unless genetic mutation causes some kind of retardation), it really doesn't matter. Pot can best be explained for the youth as a class divider system. The smartest get smarter because they are less worried and more calm, while the dumbest get dumber because they' are already lazy and not going to do anything, and pot will just make them continue that.

Pot can therefore best be described as form of stagnation. For the smart, it allows them to keep who they are if it is used temporarily. For the dumb, it prevents advancement and change. It is essentially a stagnation creating drug which locks you into who you are and makes you a drone.

Ergo, it makes you closed to any change and keeps you in your spot, unable to alter your patterns. My observance of class mates confirms this. The smart remain smart, and the dumb remain dumb. it makes the class like a bunch of mindless Neanderthal drones. Pot makes them locked into the same patterns of life. For the dumb, this creates acceptance and thus lack of care for their lot in life. For the smart, it creates woe, for they feel they cannot change anything, much like their own ways, thus generating denial of self abilities, and depression. For the dumb, long term effects are dronification into whatever cubical jobs they chose. For the smart, it damns them into repetitious robot zombies that make the perfect lab assistants. Use your brain to do the professors work and math, and never go past assistance.

Now let's look at chemistry.

To quote wiki, and due to sources, it's ok to do:

Some studies claim a variety of negative effects associated with constant, long-term use, including short-term memory loss.[41][42] Other studies have refuted this by evidence of MRIs of long-term users, showing little or no difference to MRIs of the non-using control group. Using positron emission tomography (PET), one study reports altered memory-related brain function in marijuana users.[43] Conceivable long-term ill effects of THC on humans are disputed. Its status as an illegal drug in most countries makes research difficult.

This basically confirms the above statement of mine. Pot is a drug that makes you a drone of who you were raised to be. It closes your mind and prevents outside the box thinking. The smart remain smart, great, but they cannot be creative or think in new ways. The dumb remain dumb, and thus the perfect slave labor of the office is created.

A not on brain scans, modern science confirms that how your brain looks does not define its functionality. The brain is born a blank slate. It develops along and wires itself to the user's preference. The fact that the MIR scans show no change between users and non users once again confirms the above done-forming hypothesis in that the brain is locked into a one way thinking methodology and development. It cannot develop uniquely, it can only do its basics and from as the drone acts. If the drone is in a good school with a good education, the drone will learn the facts , be smart, and live his life as a good lab assistant or higher drone corporate worker. If the drone is raised badly and in a bad school the drone will develop in that way and in turn end up in a dead end job at a deli or cubical and be a perfect slave.

metabalism of thc and other chemicals from pot mainly show up in yer poopers and a little in your piss. The rest in absorbed into the body and over time causes toxicity. Thus short term effects are good, long term effects are bad.

In many ways a good parallel is the fluoride in our water. short term it cleans your teeth and shines your bones. However over time it makes the brain a drone, damages the teeth, toxicity forms in the body, and helps you die a cancerous bad death.

The reason for this parallel is because of the similarities of the C and O oxygen in THC and the fluoride atom itself. Most atoms in this little group act similarly, but themselves have quite a number of differences. Indeed the two do have some effects on each other and there is speculation as well as conspiracy that the fact that mainly the youth use pot and drink more water as a result may take an interest in the government's more malicious intents.

www.sciencedirect.com... d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1178247370&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000035878&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=659639&md5=da482fde2d9da74e67378b0c f49ad784

The above article is pretty much unrelated by at the same time semi-related. I can't find much about it though.

Some speculate Fluoride in the water and thc being absorbed by the youth, as well as other chemicals, are part of one of many government experiments on the population to calm the population and perhaps semi-permanently damage the ability to think creatively, thereby allowing a vast population of drones...

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Indeed the CIA is well on its way for its own experimentation of pot for truth serum. In a perfect world for the government, all citizens would be drones that would instantly give over all information. These drones would happily do what the government says, keep no secrets, and tell all. Security, privacy, and secrecy would be a thing of the past.

books.google.co.uk...=onepage&q=&f=false

I might go on with this later, but basically it comes down to this. Pot is for the sick who don't want to end up like Rush Limbaugh and addicted to pain killers. It comes down to if you want to be a drone or not. If you want to
smoke, be my guest. But if you ever want to see beyond what your eyes see, then you'll have to give it up. Pot is used by the youth, and indeed it shows it helps some and hurts most. Most intelligent people have at least one thing blocking them from their true potential, as I know from experience. For many, pot is the solution to remove that problem. I did not. I chose to live with that problem. For me it was twitches and inability to concentrate. However, all those I know who were smarter than me but used pot are today suffering the consequences. For the dumb, pot suppresses their ability to accelerate and fix themselves.

In the end, it comes down to your choice of being a drone or not. I enjoy free thinking and thought, and as such chose not to smoke or absorb pot in any way.

I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying it will hurt you eventually, one way or another. But hey, kids never change. And generations repeat themselves. Enjoy repeating the mistakes of the generation you're copying off of. To my observation, you guys are beginning to act like the folks in the 20s and 70s. It's pretty easy to see where this generation is going from past observations.

So as I said, enjoy your ignorance. I'm not a drone.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Great and very informative clip. The biggest problem though is that only people like us on ATS give clips like this the time of day. Why? Because the ROOT of our problems is the STUPIDITY of Americans and what they believe. I really think that if our government put out a memo to all the American people telling them that eating your own poop is healthy probably more then 3/4th of the country would believe it. "Oh, well if our leaders are telling us its OK then it must be OK". Ignorance WILL be the downfall of this nation. You can bet everything on that.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am glad I took the time and watched the documentary in the second post. Enlightening, and I hope many people come to see it.

Thanks! Star and Flag.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spaz490

Take a vessel filled with the sweetest water you can find.Pour in some pure cane sugar.Add ONE microbe.Which eats the sugar,asexually reproduces and urinates.This process repeats until all the sugar is gone and all the microbes are dead from PoISSoning.Call that excreta 'alcohol' Enjoy!
Alcohol prohibition allowed:1Consumers to stock up before and possess that.2Church exemption,no problems3Medical exemption commonly applied4industrial use unimpeded,just regulated5Homebrew allowed,with controls.That was "prohibition"Sounds like a "controlled substance"to me.What we have is actual prohibition.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but everything that you stated was merely opinion and based off only limited objective belief. However, as one who has had a more thorough insight into all herbs and true natural medicine, I would like to redirect you to a small entry that I have written that explores not only why cannabis is perfect as a food but why the fruit/flower most likely fits the descritption of the ultimate healing food. Especially when Western medicine can put a ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity "Eliminate toxin") score on green tea leaf (camellia), the cannabis would make that number flail in comparison.
I've been waiting a while to be able to get a few opinions and readers on articles of this type. Hemp! return to the indigenous

Also, the Western system of philosophy on life, science, and medicine are all very limited to structure that undermines human acheivment and ingenuity. Eastern mindsets like those of India and China have excelled far beyond it, and with their explanation of life, science, and medicine comes a full science that allows for the explanation why the perfectly balanced life force (prana) of the Da Ma (cannabis) plant can balance and heal the ailments of almost any problem. Albeit, to most, this type of idea is comprehendable but yet impossible to fully accept as reality. To that I must ask, do you have any idea what reality is or means?

Most importantly I would like to tackle the prospect of marijuana making one docile or lazy. This is obviously propaganda, like all else. Simply diversion from the truth with quick to assume fallacies. Before correlating any of marijuana with overall changes of consciousness or behavior you would also have to note the entire dietary intake of an individual. This is because many believe that your food does not have a profound impact on your life, it does. Food is medicine, it should be taken no other way. In fact when used with a proper diet, marijuana's overall effects on a positive life are astounding. In every facet of a real human life (not the type that are lived today in a cubicle) marijuana has profound uplifting qualities. Creative facilities are greatly increased (always) which opens up infinite paths in which marijuana has become a reason to be held in high respect. When creativity is increased the minds ability to heal physically and psychologically is proportionally increased. In eastern medicine this relates to the stimulation of the pineal gland which in turn is able to effectively heal lower organs that operate on a lower frequency (It's easier to heal from the top down). When the pineal gland is stimulated many different energy changes come along with it. As said before creativity increases, as does self awareness, physical flexibility, and much more. To eastern medicine the increase of energy in the pineal gland allows for all other organ systems to benefit from the energy, moreso than any other food/medicine. This is because all food/medicine acts on specific organ systems/chakras, female cannabis flower just so happens to work on an organ system that is above the rest. While the seeds give a complete balanced energy that effects all organ systems. The ultimate reason of the ban on cannabis is that it allows one to see the world from a higher perspective, meaning that they can more effectively spot problems (or energy blockages) in western society. This is because they are using their best eye, their 3rd eye, in order to view the world. This is the eye that channels our entire reality into physical form, the ultimate lens, that translates all type of energy information into a more dense physical information that can be understood on the lower aspects of the brain or organ systems.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by grayhawkz0805]

[edit on 24-1-2010 by grayhawkz0805]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Well i want to thank you for your correction of me. I never knew that. I've only known many others in my life who by use have become paranoid and fallen off the deep end.

While i can see the benefits of hemp. I believe those hemp products can be made with the non-TLC cousin, that would have no use in the drug trade, but still enable the benefits of the hemp products to be used by everyone.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
S&F!

many people should definitely change their view towards some "drugs" psychedelics as the first because they can provide insight and realization,and cannabis cause it just makes everything better and it helps with many things(depression,anxiety,insomnia etc..)i hate the fact that all those anti drug campaigns spread lies about many substances that if they were legal,could pretty much fix atleast some of the problems in modern society.. anyways awsome post

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

There is no such thing as using the non-thc "cousin." The term is used by hemp industrialists to curve the negativity away from the commonly instilled perception of the big bad hemp. The same way they breed cannabis together to get the highest THC content in Amsterdam is the same method that industrial hemp is forced to use in order to breed the lowest thc amount possible. All to appease those who still wish for us to not receive the benefits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join