It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Drugs: What a Joke! (MUST-SEE VIDEO!!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
misleading title, nothing new here to be fully honest about the situation

not assaulting the author of the topic, nor the maker of the video

but theres simply nothing new here

americans, know the info here

people around the world, know the info here

the majority of people support change, unless they have something to gain from keeping things the way they are

unfortunately many powerful entities have a significantly large amount to gain by keeping things the way they are

until the majority wakes up and says f you to all those who think they can make decisions for everyone else, this situation will continue

the bottom line is the war on drugs destroys our species

all thats needed to be done is simple

you take the money we spend to investigate, pursue, charge, convict, prosecute and house all the inmates and people involved in drugs, and all the money these corrupt jerks make off keeping drugs illegal

and use all of that money to offer REHAB to people, in effect bettering their lives, allowing them to be contributing members of society, rather then destroying their entire lives over a drug charge, making them nothing more then a cost to the tax payers

will everyone succeed in rehab, not a chance in hell, will there be less crime, less money lost, etc absolutely

i guarantee you would actually see less drunk driving situations and other alcohol related deaths, with marijuana legalization, i bet youd see less tobacco related deaths also

but what i speak about is also nothing new, this is not some enlightening perspective, it is a long known truth, and will continue to be a long known truth because i am sure nothing will change soon

the only thing that will change soon is the medical marijuana situation, off the top of my head i believe 15 or more states now support and have legalized medical marijuana to some extent, and thankfully it is only a matter of time until additional states hop on the bandwagon ultimately forcing it to become a federal thing

hopefully soon after we straighten things out with marijuana we can work on the rest

the rest are horrible, meth, heroin and many others are devastating substances

however when you look at the big picture, as bad as heroin and meth are, personally i dont think they are as bad as the impact of the drug war

these drugs momentarily hurt your life significantly, however there is the potential to recover from that addiction

the drug war is practically impossible to recover from, statistics show and have shown for decades, once you get into the system because of drugs or many other things, you are in the system for life and the majority become lifetime criminals caught in a downward spiral

that downward spiral is NOT from the drugs, it is from the things we have created to combat a persons drug use, it is the punishments that dont fit the crime

currently in areas you can go to jail longer for a small amount of a drug then you would for rape or assault or drunk driving

we do need a significant change, but like i said, unfortunately this isnt new knowledge, we have known this for decades but have chosen to ignore the real facts

edited to say, the board here on ats has the potential to begin the process of change in the drug war now that we have the board where topics on drugs are allowed

however it is disheartening to see the board similar to a ghost town almost, the reason for that is not because people arent interested, or not that they dont want change

they just dont want to filter thru all the nonsense to get to something important and there have been a number of either disinfo agents in that board, and if they arent disinfo agents and they are real people, then that scares me even more that the average citizen has fallen so hard hook line and sinker for all this drug war propaganda

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Dramey]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This sick sordid affair started with one Harry Aslinger (who carted around a sick invalid wife on a guerney,to great effect,propoganda wise.His compassionate side.)Prohibition had ended and there were suddenly unemployed coppers.They must have missed the high speed chases,the working of informants,the corruption possibilities,the immunity from consequences,as was rife at the end of alcohol prohibition and seemed(Pun)to flow seamlessly into the then BND.The MOB and all certainly had their networks in place.The blackmail files were exxxtant.Judges,jails,ready to go.Let's find us a dark-ie to frame for something so to get the ball rolling...
And let's not forget the fact that there is seldom a single mind altering chem in effect in most inebreiations.The so called,"cocktail effect"is a way of doing a lot of different things and has many and sundry effect.Not necessarily a bad thing.Terrence McKenna spoke of asking shamen how they got this vast pharmacological body of knowledge and was told,"The plants told 'em."Well the how was an Ayahuasca brew which contained a leaf of the suspect plant along with the long established "culturally sanctioned" mix of leaf and vine.The spirit of the plant was contacted and the knowledge was relied upon in life edgy situations.Not mere trial and errr...kaput.

We need actual controls on these substances,not just in name only.There needs to be actual education,tests of personality with licenses used as rewards for good behavior,much like firearm posession.No violence or ...There'd be plenty of money to be made because if the prohibition were to be called off,we could have hemp progress.We need to do it sooner than later.Start,that is.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Marijuana is far less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco. Around 50,000 people die each year from alcohol poisoning. Similarly, more than 400,000 deaths each year are attributed to tobacco smoking. By comparison, marijuana is nontoxic and cannot cause death by overdose. According to the prestigious European medical journal, The Lancet, "The smoking of cannabis, even long-term, is not harmful to health. ... It would be reasonable to judge cannabis as less of a threat ... than alcohol or tobacco."

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The Hemp industry could easily meet the demands for several market sectors but it's been the victim of corporate lobbyists for the paper industry for too long. Farmers who are familiar with hemp have pleaded for the right to grow it but their pleas fall on deaf ears, they just can't go toe to toe with competing industry lobbyists.

What the hell is a farmer compared to an influence-peddling lobbyist with corporate coffers to back them up?

I won't even touch the BOP's (Bureau of Prisons) privatizing of many of it's prisons as a for-profit industry (appropriately enough, named Prison Industries, Inc.), another is Unicor, a private industry using federal inmates to manufacture goods for sale.

The whole private-prison scheme is collectively known as the "prison-industrial complex" - Sourcewatch.org

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the good videos. Yes, it is a bit dated & old news to some of us, but we need to be refreshed once in awhile to remind us of the fraud & lies that we are constantly bombarded with here in the U.S. by those who’s interest lies in money & power gained by keeping the status quo.

So much suffering goes on due to the war on drugs.

Imagine if drugs were inexpensive – we’d have a health problem, (we do regardless mostly untreated), but people wouldn’t be shoplifting, robbing banks, or prostituting themselves in order to score their drugs.

Not only could we get rid of 50% of the non-violent inmate population, the courts, police, jails, prisons & staff, but we could get rod of ¾ of the violent offenders who use violence to obtain the money to buy artificially expensive drugs.

Then we could put the resources into treating people instead of creating an artificial criminal population.

Instead we promote violence on our population.

I have friends that work in the court system and they place lots of hatred and blame on drug users, saying that they hear the same stories over and over thus they are numb and just process people like cattle.

The same is true for police, they mostly hate, are disgusted by and despise drug users thus drug users/ dealers despise the police.

These industries are more addicted to the money and power than the drug users. The police unions are fighting to stop the current trend of decriminalizion, because they don't want to stop their own industry growth due mostly to the War on drugs. It's a cash cow, especially all the conficated autos / homes they aquire/sell off and cash.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Another frightening aspect of the current War on Drugs is that some US Goverment Agencies themselves are practicing their own form of Drug Smuggling for Profit . ie ( DEA , CIA, NSA, and other Agencies ) . The Revenues they obtain from the distribution of these Illegal substances help pay for their own Funding along with the Budgets they recieve from the Federal Goverment . It's plainly a Unlimited Cash Cow that ensures these Agencies recieve a steady flow of Money . No wonder then that certain presently illegal drugs will more than likely stay illegal as long as the Inflated Illicit Income from them can be used for Special Interests . Until our present Antiquated Drug Laws are amended , these abuses of power will unfortunately continue ........Sigh .......

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The Video had me in tears

And even though i'm kind of with Dramey on this as far as this video should have been posted like 10 years ago when the pharmaceutical industry was just starting to become a joke with the symptoms having symptoms.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

Careful of those prescibtion painkillers and anit-anxiety pills too. HIGHLY addictive, physically let alone mentally.

I've done every illegal drug there is, except for Crystal Meth, and maybe 1 or 2 of the "new" rave drugs.

Let me tell you the withdrawels from a HUGE Heroin habit, is nothing, nothing, from the NEVER-ENDING UTTER HELL you will experience trying to kick a good Methadone habit.

Yea the prescribe you this to get you off street drugs(which the gov makes decent money off anyway) and hooked on drugs the pharm co. can make REAL big money off of.

I'm suprised the video didn't mention the newest latest craze, "Fibromialga"(sp?). There's no symptoms but they put you on heavy , heavy Narcotics, just because you've been haveing a #ty couple weeks, and are sad, and your body aches. Probably from laying in bed all day cause your upset about something.

Instead of looking into the real causes of whats makeing someone depressed, and fixing that. They just drug you up so your numb to the whole thing. Next thing you know it's 10-15 years later and now you've REALLY got something to be depressed about. That ball and chain around your neck!!!!

But me, I shoulda done known better. But I WAS in excrutiating pain, and just wanted it all to end, I didn't care how. I contemplated suicide many sleepless nights the phantom pain was so bad.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

When I see a video with this.

There's no point in debating. If you think absorbing CO2 and toxic chemicals (which, btw, they use to make chemical weapons with) promotes brain cell growth.... well... Just enjoy your ignorance.

weed is like a virus. You get addicted to it and you make up reasons its good for you. The damage prevents you from seeing your own harm done, and you basically make your own little bunch of weed promoters.

Nothing on this earth that's natural is 100% good for you. Want to know why its called medical marijuana? because it still causes damage, it just makes the pain easier to deal with.

But besides that, what war on drugs? Didn't we pay Mexico a blank check to fight it for us with our own equipment?

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
dont you all notice something?

comedians are all over this subjects and its ok everybody will listen and say yes its true, but when someone on the internet posts a thread in a forum , now this guy is one crazy conspiracy theorist lets get him and call him names.

now for the Op's video , its so true , but the sad part of it, we can do nothing about it, we are OWNED (full stop)

now im going to look for weed

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

weed is like a virus. You get addicted to it and you make up reasons its good for you. The damage prevents you from seeing your own harm done, and you basically make your own little bunch of weed promoters.

I always thought it was a plant. Not even close to a virus. It also is not addicting. The chemicals in legal cigarettes are much, much worse than anything in pot. I would like you to provide me one instance, one documented report, with sources, of a person dying from cannabis. You might find one but you will have to search long and hard. I have never, in over forty years, heard of such a case.

Nothing on this earth that's natural is 100% good for you.

So, carrots are bad for me? Celery? Those are natural(were, before agribusiness took over the food supply but I digress) and they are bad for me? That statement is ridiculous.

Just enjoy your ignorance.

Thank you, I will. You enjoy yours.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Wow. That had to be the most ignorant post i've read here on ATS in a while. Care to go a little further than what you learned watching Reefer Madness back in the 50's? Maybe link some real supporting evidence to back your misinformed opinion, besides the obvious fact that inhaling smoke is bad for you. MJ users don't inhale nearly the amount of smoke in a day that cigarette smokers do. Those are perfectly legal, so let's drop the CO2 nonsense. There are alternatives to smoke, FYI, i know they didn't tell you that on Reefer Madness.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I never thought that the drug cartels made that much money off of marijuana I just figured it was from the other more expensive drugs until I seen these figures awhile back.

"While the trafficking of coc aine, heroin and methamphetamine is the main focus of U.S. law enforcement, it is marijuana that has long provided most of the revenue for Mexican drug cartels. More than 60 percent of the cartels' revenue -- $8.6 billion out of $13.8 billion in 2006 -- came from U.S. marijuana sales, according to the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy."

www.cbsnews.com...

If marijuana was legal in the U.S., I think a 60% hit to the revenues of the drug cartels would put a big dent in their numbers and power.

As for the prescription drugs just take a look around your workplace and see just how many drugs are being taken all the time. But I guess since they are legal it doesn't hurt anything to take them at work. /sarcasm

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

It is not addictive. It can be a problem with people who ABUSE it, like alcohol is, but when responsibly used its fine. I dont really like comparing it to alcohol though because they are entirely different things, its like comparing chocolate to potatoes.

There is so much propaganda all over the place, its no wonder so many people are confused. I agree with the OP, we need to wake up and put a stop to this but unfortunately things have gone too far. We are completely screwed in every aspect of our lives, because too many people would ignore those who shouted about it, while continuing on slaving for their masters.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 68eric86

Exactly, even top Mexican officials are saying that the U.S. should legalize MJ in order to bring down the cartels....

Growing numbers of Mexican and U.S. officials say—at least privately—that the biggest step in hurting the business operations of Mexican cartels would be simply to legalize their main product: marijuana. Long the world's most popular illegal drug, marijuana accounts for more than half the revenues of Mexican cartels.
online.wsj.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Ingesting it Orally would not expose a person to CO2 . ......Just a thought..

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Neither does vaporization, no calories either.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
LOL @ Gorman

Normally I wouldn't even bother to post in a thread like this only because there have been so many of them in the past. But, when I read a post like yours, well, there's just no point in debating. You, sir, are blind to the damage propaganda has done to your brain.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Can i just say that while there is medical marijuana, etc, and that some people sprout things as "pot is good, lets legalize it", and that first video clip shows "pot increases brain cell growth", the main reasons why it is banned in the first place is because of the negative medical effects it has on a persons mind, such as paranoia, which can turn into full blown schitzaphrenia.

(i'f im not meant to post that please delete this post mods, as i dont want to disobey your anti-drug talking rule). But yes i believe there is a conspiracy on this war on drugs as CIA are involved. Cant deny it with CIA planes crashing packed with coc aine....

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
the main reasons why it is banned in the first place is because of the negative medical effects it has on a persons mind, such as paranoia, which can turn into full blown schitzaphrenia.

BS, BS, BS. Please, educate yourself a little before you post such nonsense.

www.drugwarrant.com...

I've known many, many MJ users throughout my life, and not ONE of them was schizo. While under the influence, those who are socially withdrawn usually may be a little more so, but those effects are not permanent.

Much has made — by the mainstream media and others — of the claim that cannabis use causes certain types of mental illness, specifically schizophrenia and psychosis.

Most notably perhaps, a team of researchers writing in the July 28, 2007 edition of the prestigious scientific journal The Lancet, boldly proclaimed that smoking cannabis could boost one’s risk of a psychotic episode by 40 percent or more.

Naturally, this alarmist rhetoric received wall-to-wall coverage by the mainstream press. Even more troubling, the supposed ‘pot-and-schizophrenia’ link was one of the primary reasons cited by British PM Gordon Brown, ex-Home Secretary Jacqui Smith and others as the impetus for reclassifying cannabis (from a verbal warning to a criminal offense punishable by up to five years in jail) in the United Kingdom.

Of course, there was a fatal flaw with The Lancet’s argument — one that, oddly enough, every single MSM outlet failed to mention. Empirical data did not support the investigators’ hypothesis that smoking marijuana was associated with increased rates of schizophrenia or other mental illnesses among the general public — a fact that even the authors begrudgingly admitted when they declared, “Projected trends for schizophrenia incidence have not paralleled trends in cannabis use over time.”

Which brings us to 2009.

Two years after The Lancet’s dire predictions, a team of researchers at the Keele University Medical School have once and for all put the ‘pot-and-mental illness’ claims to the test. Writing in a forthcoming edition of the scientific journal Schizophrenia Research, they compare long-term trends in marijuana use and incidences of schizophrenia and/or psychoses in the United Kingdom. And what do they find?

“[T]he expected rise in diagnoses of schizophrenia and psychoses did not occur over a 10 year period. This study does not therefore support the specific causal link between cannabis use and incidence of psychotic disorders. … This concurs with other reports indicating that increases in population cannabis use have not been followed by increases in psychotic incidence.”
blog.norml.org...

[edit on 24-1-2010 by 27jd]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join