It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS claims Venezuela sits on Earth's largest oil reserves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Its about time we all banded together to prevent Rome...ermmm I mean the USA from using the world as its toilet. I can already hear the Anti-Chavez rhetoric peaking and all that would be needed is a natural disaster for the US to send in the medics...ermmm I mean Army to help out and build a base to last 100 years there.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Its about time we all banded together to prevent Rome...ermmm I mean the USA from using the world as its toilet. I can already hear the Anti-Chavez rhetoric peaking and all that would be needed is a natural disaster for the US to send in the medics...ermmm I mean Army to help out and build a base to last 100 years there.

Yep you pretty much have that right; Rome would be the driving force behind it all my friend. The empire has never died and you will notice that the nations who find themselves in the most hot water with the globalist corporations are those nations like Venezuela and Cuba and Iran who throw out the big corporations to nationalize and attempt to more equitably share the resources with their people instead of letting big corporations steal them for a pittance by paying off corrupt politicians and political strongmen.

The thing about Rome is it has always been multicultural and flexible when it comes to a wide variety of faiths and systems of governance but it absolutely goes berserk and never forgets when a nation like Cuba or Iran starts ripping up the contracts and kicking the big global corporations out.

The minute a nation like Venezuela starts down that path and they are well down that path now of taking property and resources back from the multi-national corporations, Rome will start to isolate you through rhetoric and sanctions and eventually sooner or later war.

Especially if it is a nation with resources that the Empire wants to exploit because there is a big market for them.

It is Rome behind all this drive for a one world government and I love hearing and seeing people say it!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sell the oil/drilling rights to Russia at discount price. 80% profits to Russia, 20% to Venezuela.
This way Venezuela gets a bodyguard, and still reaps financial rewards for doing nothing.

The US would totally flip out. LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
well expect in the news soon on how war in coming.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foodman
well expect in the news soon on how war in coming.

I don't think this war scenario is anything new, but what has changed is that its Corporations driving them for profits instead of "Titled" Gentry gaining land or stealing wealth from disproportionately unarmed nations.

In Western Australia its US Oil Giant Chevron pilfering our oil and gas reserves on Barrow Island by back handing some politicians to get the deal done. In Porgorah Papua New Guinea its Newmont stealing the Gold by paying off officials to get mining rights and the story repeats itself over and over again. Alcoa mines the Bauxite from the Darling Range where I live and literally only pays small royalties and minimal payroll tax back into the economy as its tax is always "deferred".

Its a formula and I was only really awakened to it by reading "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins.

The USA had to borrow 370 Million from the fed just recently to keep Congress running, blind Freddy can see the stealing is going to only ramp up with the only question being "Who is Next" ?.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vincent84

USGS claims Venezuela sits on Earth's largest oil reserves

rawstory.com

Venezuela may have just become the center of an energy-starved world.

The Orinoco Belt, situated squarely underneath the South American nation, may hold some 513 billion barrels of crude oil, according to a new report by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).

That's twice the size of Saudi Arabia's oil reserves, placing Venezuela firmly atop the list of oil-rich nations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usgs.gov
www.allheadlinene ws.com

That settles it.

Chavez definitely has to go.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before it is revealed that Osama Bin Laden is actualy Venezualen !!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have to say everyone has this thread pretty much wrapped up.

Proto, did a little digging a few years ago on the oil thingy.

For some reason the Russians quite a few years back let slip a little tidbit of information. The possibility (or should we say probable) that oil is not only abiotic (from fossil fuel) but also abiogenic (geological) formation.

I was skeptical about it until I read about Russia's deep wells that have hit pay dirt (pun intended). Because of different variables the abiotic formation would not be where they found these deposits.

Also what I have found in regards to Prudhoe bay and Seal Island reserves in Alaska, I too believe there is an estimated 200 years of reserves that we know of now.

I believe this to be another one of those huge conspiracies they keep the world from knowing.

I bet you could ask any child where oil comes from and they would tell you it is from dinosaurs. I would like to see the list of venues where children are taught this. I feel the things they want to keep hidden, are plastered with obfuscations in our EDUMACATION.

Anyway, good comments everyone.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Hey pale,

I've read also that oil is not just left overs from plants and stuff that lays under pressure 200 million years. It is just a layer between the crust and the core of molten crust. there are some holes were the molten crust is pushed just a few 1000 feet till our lands.

If you just look at it from a logical stand point it cant be true.
The oil is some few 1000 feet deep. Plants lived on the ground they didn't life e few 1000 feet deep I believe.

Oil is everywhere if you dig deep enough. Peak oil is also a hoax. I believed that we had peak-oil a few times the last decades.

Well do some research and you find it.

I don't know its true but it seems logic.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Hey pale,

I had to respond just because of the surname you gave me.

Fourth seal is opened : a pale horse appears, its rider is called Death When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Death spoke and what came forth was the EATER OF WORLDS!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sporkmonster

Also, at our current rate of consumption, using the number in the article of 19.5 Million B.A.D., it would take the US seventy two years to consume.

It looks like big oil will remain big oil for a while.

It's funny, here someone calculates how fast America can consume oil that belongs to another country.

Without including the global figure. (85 BBD)

Forecast global oil demand remains virtually unchanged at 84.9 mb/d in 2009 (-1.5% or -1.3 mb/d year-on-year) and 86.3 mb/d in 2010 (+1.7% or +1.4 mb/d versus the previous year). Growth is driven by non-OECD countries, most notably in Asia. Oil demand recovery in the OECD will likely remain sluggish, despite the recent cold weather.
omrpublic.iea.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

We offered to share the oil money with Argentina, but they refused. Argentina, surprisingly, struggles with the concept of "democracy" and their failed invasion pretty much made the Islanders wish to stay British.

In the 1970s, plans were drawn up to hand the Island back to the Argentina. Falklands will now remain British for the foreseeable future. Especially with a significant arsenal located there too.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Oil is everywhere if you dig deep enough. Peak oil is also a hoax. I believed that we had peak-oil a few times the last decades.

Well do some research and you find it.

I don't know its true but it seems logic.

Peace.

When a well runs dry simple logic tells you that the reserve is empty, if you let it sit for a while you get a little more, empty a bottle of sauce then let it sit for a while.

Old wells all over the world are drying up. You can put your head in the sand but the "easy oil" is about used up, now oil gets harder to recover and harder to refine. So who pays the ferryman?

findarticles.com...
But oil is no longer king in Texas, and as the economy has changed, the state is grappling with a less glamorous legacy of the high-flying days. There are 25,000 abandoned oil wells in Texas; another 15,000 are sitting idle, and tens of thousands of others could be leaking and threatening underground aquifers at a time when drought has made water the state's most precious natural resource.

en.wikipedia.org...
More than half of the North Sea oil reserves have been extracted, according to official sources in both Norway and the UK. For Norway,

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Again this is heavy oil, difficult to refine.

The country's oil-rich Carabobo area in north-central Venezuela boasts huge petroleum reserves of an estimated 15 billion barrels, but it's a heavy grade of crude - thicker, with a higher percentage of impurities such as sulfur and more difficult to refine than the lighter grades more commonly used around the world.

That leaves Chavez in the position of turning to expertise from foreign oil companies to help extract and refine the crude from the Orinoco region, which includes Carabobo, into usable fuel.
www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Well there were some discoveries made the past few years.

About an discovery by the US government in 2006 in Colorado:

www.rense.com...

The land is owned by the government, and they estimate there are 2 Trillion barrels over there.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I thought it was a other word for like friend or something like that.
Well my apologies, hope you don't take it to serious.

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vincent84

I never take anything really serious, except for the actions of our government in our names.

My handle is endisnighe and just thought I would bring some pale horses into the discussion.

No my friend, absolutely NO problems whatsoever. I will friend you to show no feelings hurt. I only wish to learn on these forums.

God Bless and Peace.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

reply to post by prof-rabbit

Well there were some discoveries made the past few years.

About an discovery by the US government in 2006 in Colorado:

www.rense.com...

The land is owned by the government, and they estimate there are 2 Trillion barrels over there.

Shale oil in the Green River basin is neither shale nor oil, if anything is just a slightly greasy rock, the simple equation, "ERORI" (stands for Energy Return on Energy Invested) is currently negative, that is, for one barrel produced you need 1.5 barrels of energy.

Mining the Green River deposit would require three new nuclear power plants, the diversion of 50% of the Colorado River and a waste product that is toxic with a greater volume than the original rock.

The in-situ process requires heating the rock 2000 feet below the surface for 10 to 15 years at 650 degrees while maintaining ice walls around huge tracts of land to stop ground water contamination.

Seriously, think of the environmental law suits and protests that would tie up the projects for years, at 650 degrees the land would become completely sterile, do you really think this will be "on-stream" in say the next 30 years?

Lets be realistic, 5 years of protests, 10 years to built the power stations another 10 years to heat the ground before you get one drop!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join