It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO...maybe already in effect.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   
"New World Order" was coined by Adam Weishaupt (founder of the Illuminati) and has recently been used by notables such as Bush Sr. and Pat Buchanan.

I am undecided as to whether the term indicates a coming world government or simply the ideal of internation law and code of conduct...

I will venture to say that, until now, world government has not been possible. We have mapped the globe and have an international assembly of nations. We have a loose set of international laws with which we (theoretically) can prosicute rogue nations. It could be said that the nations of the world are almost provinces of a world government... almost.

If a world government is to take control, it will need power. The U.N. has proved its impotency with its dealings with both Iraq and the United States. If the U.N. had real power it would have disarmed Iraq. If the U.N. had real power it would have halted America's offensive.

Consider the veto right of some countries - every country in the world can vote on an issue, to make it an international law, and yet one country can make that vote null and void. Democracy is thusly a farce at the U.N.

The U.N. demonstrated it's lack of power in it's ineffectual dealings with Iraq and the States. If there is to be a NWO, the U.N. will have to be dismantled, yet again (League of Nations), and a new, POWERFUL world body will have to rule.

I don't look forward to that day. But the U.N. has no power and no one at the helm that would know how to wield it effectively anyway.

Otherwise the States and Iraq would both have been spanked by now.

Peace be unto you,

-�-

<< 1   >>

join