It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugo Chavez accuses U.S. of using weapon to cause Haiti quake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Hugo Chavez accuses U.S. of using weapon to cause Haiti quake

m.digitaljournal.com

[Venezuelan President Hugo] Chavez is blaming the US for causing the 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Haiti as part of testing a “tectonic weapon” that can cause eco-type disasters, according to Russia Today. The Latin American leader added that the US should “stop playing God.”

Chavez said these “weapon earthquakes” would eventually be used against Iran and be taken over by the US military.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
europebusines.blogspot.com

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Not too sure how credible digitaljournal is, though I'm sure more people find Chavez less credible.

Either way, that's a bold statement. Hopefully Venezuela doesn't see an earthquake soon.

Speaking of which, I found this in a post by ahemot:

"Last year, Canadian journalist Benjamin Fulford had asked in an interview with former Minister of Finance of Japan Heizo Takenaka "Why have you abandoned the control of the Japanese financial system to a group of American and European oligarchs?"

The very surprising answer of Takenaka was: "Because Japan was threatened with an 'earthquake machine'."

Fulford did not want to believe it, but later, the Japanese police reported to him that because he had spoken, there would be an earthquake in the city of Nigata. Two days later, the largest Nuclear plant around Nigata found itself in the epicenter of two earthquakes (6.8)."

m.digitaljournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Does he have any proof for this, or is he simply a ATS member in the closet?

Look earthquake generators may exist, but does that prove that they were used specifically? No.

I looked at all of the seismic data myself and I cannot find anything that indicates an obvious abnormality.

I am open to this possibility, but I would just prefer to have proof of it before I jump off the deep end into some stuff that could easily be bunk.

Proof will be extremely important here. And if it was humans who created the earthquake, there is for sure going to be some obvious evidence that will prove it. There always is anytime a crime happens. There is always evidence.

So Mr Chavez, put up or shut up!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Whether or not the Haiti quake was man-made, the fact that a such a big name is actually saying that is astonishing. Have you heard anyone else that high up in a government make that claim? The only time I have is the Japanese one I just posted, and we see how that turned out.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
For what its worth - a few threads blaming the US for the earthquake going on already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think there are a few more floating around that I missed linking.

How many we need is a question for the mods.

Anyway - there is likely some existing discussion on this going on in the above..

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I wonder what chavez is actually basing his accusation on. I think he may suspect that America is capable of such things and is trying to fuffle a few feathers. See what becomes of it.

If he had some form of intelligence that led him to think this. I would take it more seriously.

That story about Japan is very interesting though. Gonna look in to that.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well if you look at the seismic data you will notice there is a particular depth that sticks out. Earthquakes always vary in depth. So that in itself is evidence.

Not saying this was caused by a weapon because there is no 100% conclusive evidence. That is really the only evidence that I've caught wind of that really would imply any wrong doing. This alone is obviously not enough information to jump to conclusions though.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Im open minded to the idea. So lets talk hypertheticly for a minute.

Lets say America did have such a weapon. How is it possible to create an Earth quake. With some kind of radiation beam, or sonar device or something along those lines. Id be interested to hear what peoples theorys are on how this could be done.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
For what its worth - a few threads blaming the US for the earthquake going on already.

I'm sure there are, however, this isn't a thread accusing america of "quaking" Haiti. It's a thread about foreign politicians accusing America of quaking Haiti, so if you have three links to threads that cover this actual topic, then please post them so we can do more research. But if you want to post links of forum members accusing America, then please post them in an appropriate thread. Otherwise, let's stay on topic shall we?

Despite Chavez not being the most reliable guy, our mainstream media usually blows up his boasts to stir up a little fear as well as confusion. If the media purposely ignores this claim, then we have to wonder, is it because he is so untrustworthy (although that hasn't stopped them before) or for some reason, do TPTB not want the sheep to even have that idea enter their mind?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by AliBruh]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algebra
reply to post by DaMod

Im open minded to the idea. So lets talk hypertheticly for a minute.

Lets say America did have such a weapon. How is it possible to create an Earth quake. With some kind of radiation beam, or sonar device or something along those lines. Id be interested to hear what peoples theorys are on how this could be done.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AliBruh

O.K nice fact sheet on HAARP but it does'nt answer any questions.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AliBruh

I'm sure there are, however, this isn't a thread accusing america of "quaking" Haiti. It's a thread about foreign politicians accusing America of quaking Haiti, so if you have three links to threads that cover this actual topic, then please post them so we can do more research. But if you want to post links of forum members accusing America, then please post them in an appropriate thread. Otherwise, let's stay on topic shall we?

Well - if you'd have looked at the first link I posted...

You'd have seen that the title of that thread is....

"Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake "

You'd have noticed that the OP contains a quote that says...

Chavez: US weapon test caused Haiti earthquake

Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez has once again accused the United States of playing God. But this time it's Haiti's disastrous earthquake that he thinks the U.S. was behind. Spanish newspaper ABC quotes Chavez as saying that the U.S. navy launched a weapon capable of inducing a powerful earthquake off the shore of Haiti. He adds that this time it was only a drill and the final target is ... destroying and taking over Iran.

To me that looks pretty much exactly like the topic of this thread.

You'd have also noticed the thread was 4 pages long and was started 2 days ago.

The same could have been seen by doing a quick search.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Frogs]

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Frogs]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ummmm...he's not that big of a name credibility-wise. No more so than Sorsa or an Alex Jones or Michael Moore. Just because the guy is well known doesnt mean he isnt an idiot.

Whether or not the Haiti quake was man-made, the fact that a such a big name is actually saying that is astonishing. Have you heard anyone else that high up in a government make that claim? The only time I have is the Japanese one I just posted, and we see how that turned out.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yea I normally would have, but I had to post from my phone.

Sorry about that, Frogs.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by AliBruh]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Jeeze... The us really needs to stop using it's earthquake machines and glabal warming machines. Oh yeah, they also need to stop with the hurricane and tornado machines too. Next thing you know they'll be using mind control machines and sex machines to get animals pregnant with mutant robot machine babies that can create earthquake tornadocanes.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Chavez' Russian report is from Sorcha Fall.

So yeah both fox and any other journalist reporting this plus Chavez are one big Sorcha Fail.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummmm...he's not that big of a name credibility-wise. No more so than Sorsa or an Alex Jones or Michael Moore. Just because the guy is well known doesnt mean he isnt an idiot.

The difference is that Chavez is not only a politician, he is a foreign president. Whereas Alex and Michael are part of the entertainment industry who most likely don't receive the intel that Chavez does.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algebra
reply to post by AliBruh

O.K nice fact sheet on HAARP but it does'nt answer any questions.

In theory, HAARP would blast energy into the ionosphere at different frequencies causing "imbalances" to occur.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Jeeze... The us really needs to stop using it's earthquake machines and glabal warming machines. Oh yeah, they also need to stop with the hurricane and tornado machines too. Next thing you know they'll be using mind control machines and sex machines to get animals pregnant with mutant robot machine babies that can create earthquake tornadocanes.

Mod, can we have this removed please? It is an obvious attempt to disrupt this thread.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That doesnt mean anything either. I was going to include President Ahkmanutjob in the list as well. Just because Chvez is a whacko leader doesnt make him credible. Listen to the stuff he spits out ona regular basis.

Originally posted by princeofpeace

The difference is that Chavez is not only a politician, he is a foreign president. Whereas Alex and Michael are part of the entertainment industry who most likely don't receive the intel that Chavez does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join