It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama hammers Wall Street banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Obama hammers Wall Street banks

www.ft.com

The global banking industry was thrown into turmoil on Thursday after President Barack Obama , responding to public rage over the financial crisis, proposed the most far-reaching overhaul of Wall Street since the 1930s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Obama and his administration is the most compromised, most bought out by BANKING and WALL STREET of any previous administration! They put him in power!

www.rollingstone.com...

How can Obama propose to oversee BIG BANKING when he and his administration is busy in bed with the BIG BANKERS?

Obama is paid off, Geitner is paid off big time!

Whatever Obama is trying to do here is bound to be construed by America as nothing more than another Obama s...w America scheme!

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I wonder if the right wing will ever get a visit from the reality fairy? All I heard from 2000-2009 was how every republican screwup was the previous democrat's fault and all I've heard since 2009 is how every republican screwup is the following democrats fault.

We just witnessed history's largest transfer of wealth from the taxpayer to the banking industry under the Bush administration and the only condition placed on the money was that there be no conditions placed on the money. The bailouts STOPPED under Obama and everything they've done since then has been to try to get the taxpayer's money back. And it's working. Banks are puking up the money.

I don't care what Matt Taibbi dreamed up to try to cover the republican party's ass, the facts are plain for anyone to see.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Obama realizes his approval rating has dipped below bush and people yet again want change...so im thinking he sees this and is responding. well as long as their giving money back..i wnat MY money back, mailed to me every penny i unauthorzed to bail emout. same for everyone else.a hnadsome check in the mail will do.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
And..to top it off, i want those responsable for authorizing the bailouts, all the way down to those involved at the talk table and check makers fired. Let them too, join the pool of the umenployed, and find a job if their age lets them, or the business preffers illegals over them..let em learn n see the reality they have made..live it up bankers, just like everyone else.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Obama's popularity is less than 23%?

Still waiting on that reality fairy I see.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
And..to top it off, i want those responsable for authorizing the bailouts, all the way down to those involved at the talk table and check makers fired. Let them too, join the pool of the umenployed, and find a job if their age lets them, or the business preffers illegals over them..let em learn n see the reality they have made..live it up bankers, just like everyone else.

Now we're on common ground! I'd like nothing better than to see exactly that happen.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
lol thanks. well i read a post here not too long ago, stating it was true, obamas ratings were less than bush. I took it as truth, with all that going on in our nation these days.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
i think obama just signed is own death warrant..
you dont attack big money and expect them to let you continue living...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
They sure are a reactionary bunch. He's got to do something to stop the bleeding after that loss in Massachusetts, I suppose, and what better way to earn a few cheap points with the public than to kick the banks. As a matter of political strategy, though, its brilliant. Where else can a group of idiots dictate business practices to another group of idiots and have the general public believe that its a positive step?

I'm sure this will turn out well.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Aren't both the republicans and the democrats owned by the bankers, Goldman in particular? They are the biggest contributor to both parties and almost all the treasury secretaries are from Goldman or JP Morgan. Tim is, Hank was and the last President to go against the bankers and the fed was JFK. Even if he is serious I don't like his chances of becoming anything other than a martyr that could influence a full scale revolution and even that's unlikely as the MSM would try to blame it one someone else.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Jacob08]

top topics

join