It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few deep questions about 9/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hello ATS. I was in my senior year in highschool when 9/11 happened and was watching the news along with my class at the time. When I think of how many people died because of this incident I wonder if when those buildings were on fire and people saw the first building collapse then why did they stay in the building? In fact why did nearly everyone that was in those towers stay inside and not get out of there? Could it be that maybe the doors were blocked by the outside and no one was allowed to get out the twin towers or perhaps they thought that the buildings would not collapse after the explosives were blown from the basement at the time the planes hit? what are your thoughts on this and what do your think could have been done differently after the planes hit?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think the reason why some people couldn't get out was the damage to stairwells above the plane impacts.

People stayed in the south tower after the north tower was hit.

when the south tower was hit, i think that also damaged stairwells, and made it difficult for people to escape.

i know firemen were trying to evacuate people from the buildings, but the towers only stood for so long before they collapsed.

William Rodriguez (Survivor) believes there were explosives of some sort in the sub level basements before the plane hit the north tower which also took lives (Basement explosions).

MY take on this is that the stairwells were damaged, blocking people from escaping, and that thick smoke made it hard to navigate through the building.

I don't think anything can be done differently in an event like that. i thought that the buildings would actually hold. i also thought the fire was burning itself out. but it didn't. the buildings fell so close in between that trying to save people who were trapped would of been next to impossible, even if we knew the building was going to collapse.

thats my take on it anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Hello ATS. I was in my senior year in highschool when 9/11 happened and was watching the news along with my class at the time. When I think of how many people died because of this incident I wonder if when those buildings were on fire and people saw the first building collapse then why did they stay in the building? In fact why did nearly everyone that was in those towers stay inside and not get out of there? Could it be that maybe the doors were blocked by the outside and no one was allowed to get out the twin towers or perhaps they thought that the buildings would not collapse after the explosives were blown from the basement at the time the planes hit? what are your thoughts on this and what do your think could have been done differently after the planes hit?

I only have two words for you "Human sacrifice".

[edit on 22-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Thanks for the reply friend. I wonder how many stair cases were there on the twin towers and did the stairs really collapse from explsions or were they taken out so that the max amount of losses could be achieved? $tar good input.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Dont take my word for it though , you have to do the research to determine everything on your own.

Its complex, but there are a few threads you can go on ATS that have good information.

If you want to start anywhere. Look up nano thermite.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Great post,
I have to agree with Ugie1028, on that, we do know when the first WTC was hit people in the other WTC were told to go back in their offices they were told everything would be ok, by the WTC security.

No one would have ever imagined that both WTC would have been blown to pieces in an hour, after being hit by airplanes. There is no doubt stairways were blocked and some of the upper floors on the 70 floor where blasted to pieces.

We know people were trapped in the upper floors above the impact areas and how we know this is because most of them end up jumping to their death; it was either to be burnt alive, or jump to their deaths.
If I was trapped on the top floors and the firers were raging, I would rather jump than be burnt up alive.

I feel the WTC security did not do the right thing by telling everyone to go back inside.
The WTC security at that point should have evacuated the entire complex; they had no idea what was going to happened to the first WTC when it was struck, the WTC security officers were making a bad decision to begin with.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

or maybe the WTC security did what they were told to do by agents of TPTB. I could be wrong but if the losses weren't as high as what they are, then this war thing might of never happened.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
People were told by 911 to remain in the buildings. That's probably the number one reason for so many initially dying. Don't forget about all the asbestos exposed first responders and cleanup crews... thats a real tragedy which in time will outstrip the 3000 or so dead on the day.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
People were told by 911 to remain in the buildings. That's probably the number one reason for so many initially dying.

Absolutely correct. I'm not sure why this would've been announced on the PA except to maximize the death toll.

Another example of the importance of thinking for yourself.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

What about the people in the basement? Why were they there and when the explosives went off how did they not see someone plant them? The steel beams getting cut would have made some noise for other people to hear wouldn't they?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

There were no explosives in the basement and nobody was cutting beams.

People were told to stay in the tower after the initial impact because it seemed to be a better idea to keep people in a safe place (inside the building) then let them go out were it was more dangerous (under the burning tower) and have them interfer with the first responders activities.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

There were no explosives in the basement and nobody was cutting beams.

There were explosions in the basement, to many creditable eyewitness who were down there, survived to tell us the truth.

People were told to stay in the tower after the initial impact because it seemed to be a better idea to keep people in a safe place

That is your opinion.

then let them go out were it was more dangerous

I think it would have been safer outside of the WTC don’t you think.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Originally posted by impressme
reply to post by hooper

There were explosions in the basement, to many creditable eyewitness who were down there, survived to tell us the truth.

After the plane crash.

People were told to stay in the tower after the initial impact because it seemed to be a better idea to keep people in a safe place
That is your opinion.

Yes, now it is east to see that in hindsight. But at the time of the first impact, it was safer to keep the people inside the opposite tower. Just evacutating a building of that size has inherent dangers. After the second impact then it was a different story.

No, fact.

then let them go out were it was more dangerous

I think it would have been safer outside of the WTC don’t you think.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

When the plane hit the north tower it severed both emergency stairwells, so everyone in the upper levels was trapped. When the plane hit the south tower it destroyed one of the two emergency stairwells, so some people were able to get out, but not too many (I think it was six). Either way, the bulk of the fatalities from the collapse were from people being trapped in the upper levels. People below these levels were able to get out for the most part. Also, the first plane hit before 9:00, before the start of the work day, so most people hadn't yet arrived at work to even be in the buildings to begin with.

Yes, there was an automated recording telling people to go back to their desks, but I talked to a number of people who were there and they say noone gave a fig what they were announcing- once the planes hit, people were getting the heck out of there.

Now, I invite you to go onto any of those damned fool 9/11 conspiracy web sites trying to get you to think the gov't is constantly plotting to murder us all and see whether they tell you any of this, and you'll see for yourself who is being truthful and who is full of it.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Sir

911 was a day of many first, but it was a ball in motion long before sept 11

I'm not going to tell you what to think, In fact I want you to think.

The OS people are very dedicated in their desire to push their beliefs,

they have to. For these type of people , the thought their government would

be invovled in such a thing , would send their world into a tail spin.

Every thing they believe , hold on too, would be destroyed.

It would shake their world to the core.

So I ask you , too look at the real evidence. Not some sniping going on

in these threads, but the real stories. patriotsquestion911.com...

Look throught this site , its American people , Professional in their fields,

giving their thoughts and reasons for questioning 911.

Lastly , check out my sig, ask why the single biggest event , to change

American Foriegn Policy is also the Biggest Single Mystery in American

History.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If you want a realistic explaination of what happened to the people in
the WTC try reading "102 MINUTES" by NY Times reporters James Dwyer
and Kevin Flynn. Interviewed many of the people who escaped from
the building. Also incorporated recordings from people trapped in the
building describing conditions until collapse.

In WTC 1 (North Tower) hit first, the impact cut off all the stairways
above 92 floor - since these people had no warning the death toll is
higher than WTC 2 (South Tower) - they had 15 minutes warning between first plane strike on other building and their building. Also
in WTC 2 - plane struck an oblique angle - one stairway. Stairway A survived and was used by some people to flee building.

Choice is yours

Can read accounts like "102 Minutes" and learn something

or be stick with the "truther" sites *Snip*

Mod Note: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Posting Conduct – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/23/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Choice is yours

Can read accounts like "102 Minutes" and learn something

or be stick with the "truther" sites and remain an idiot.....

So naturally this guy StopLoss is a idiot...is that just b/c he's asking questions about 9/11? Or b/c he might not agree with you? Or what ED?

How you can get away with constantly calling people idiots and all the other insults you sling around on almost every single post is beyond me.

StopLoss, what you should understand is that there is basically three groups of people that come to this forum.

You got your so called Truthers who believe with out question 9/11 was somehow perpetrated, influenced, or aloud to happen. They all have their ideas of how it happened. Normally do NOT get offended or abusive if you do not agree with their view.

Then you've got your so called Debunkers who believe with out question 9/11 was done by AQ directed by OBL. They also believe that if you do not believe this your a complete idiotic moron, and you are supporting the terrorists. Their main mission is to bring you to "their" side. Normally they DO get highly offensive and abusive if you do not agree with their view.

Lastly, you have people who wouldn't consider themselves a Debunker or a Truther. They just believe what they believe about 9/11. And that's it, most likely coming here for information more than anything.

That being said, take it all with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks guys. I think its important to debate whether or not these plans were brought into motion during or before the 9/11 incident by looking for the facts. All I know is that if 9/11 never happened, I probably wouldn't be here in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PersonalChoice
So naturally this guy StopLoss is a idiot...is that just b/c he's asking questions about 9/11? Or b/c he might not agree with you? Or what ED?

How you can get away with constantly calling people idiots and all the other insults you sling around on almost every single post is beyond me.

I have to agree. This StopLoss fellow doesn't strike me as some hard core conspiracy Kool Aid Drinker like Impressme who considers a debate to be quoting from Prison Planet. He's simply asking honest questions about what happened on 9/11, and I really can't blame him. With all these damned fool conspiracy web sites churning out every concievable horse [censored] imaginable from lasers from outer space to hologram planes, it would leave most people thirsty for actual real information.

Keep in mind that these conspiracy people aren't stupid. By and large they're intelligent, well meaning people. They've simply been suckered by some sexy sounding rubbish they read on the internet and they simply don't know they've been had. Remember, we have the truth on our side and these conspiracy theorists are painfully aware of it. There's no need to be insultive.

We now bring you back to our regularly scheduled program...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Yep! No kool aid for me. I was just curious of what happened in 9/11 but still its nice to know that there is some truth out their, you just need to find it somehow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join