It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugo Chavez says Haiti's earthquake due to American Weapon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What happened to good old CIA assassinations? Oh right it's much more secret and easy to pull off so let's do giant earthquakes... People there are real conspiracies and then there are Crazy people... Chavez is one of the last... Do you trust the words of a Dictator who has violated the freedom of speech of his people, the same you love to proclaim?

Yes smell the coffee but don't drink it in excess...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
im not in sopport of this guy but he's no worse than our civilised dictators fair enoughe americans voted for obama but here in uk mr brown was never elected in a democratic election therefore a dictator and the bull# they come out with about iran iraq afaganistan is on par with what this guy is saying about haiti. no proof yet very possible for all countrys mentiond in their varios surcomestances. as to the dude that asked for proof of american weather change. i havnt researched it and i heve no real proof of them doing it however china are pretty open about their activity on weatherchange. and because of that im ASUMEING america have been doing it probably before china. however thats just me asuming and even then i dont belive the u.s did hit haiti with something i just find it likely

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
DENY IGNORANCE:

Truth over delusion: Hugo Chavez did not accuse the U.S. of causing the Haitian earthquake

AntiPress

just recently read a blog that says that Hugo Chavez may not have said what he is claimed to have said by the mainstream media. can somebody kindly confirm and collaborate this data?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Easy enough for Hugo to just blame the 'great evil' ( USA, it's government does seem to want him dead) but the science is a different matter and enough has been said and done in the last few decades for us to choose to ignore the underlying facts.

Some time ago i put some data together trying to show that electromagnetic weapons (OMD
) has been a reality for at least four decades.

My related post starts at the one third of page mark and continues for a while after.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some time after i found the following page which does a fantastic job of laying out the data...

www.frank.germano.com...

Enjoy.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
While I'm somewhat inclined to believe Hugo Chavez would say something like that, judging by his record as kind of a nutcake, I'll hold out for a better source than FOX and people copying the news report from FOX.

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You know, I don't come round here much and this thread is an example of why that is. What a lazy, ill-informed bunch.

Chavez is a nut so the earthquake allegation must be nonsense...

Even if you swallow all the propaganda against Chavez (US citizens might wonder why so many people from other countries have a better impression of the guy) it's a simple logical error to suppose that he is therefore incapable of telling the truth.

And these kind of allegations have been around a long time...

www.google.de...

www.dailypaul.com...

"I'll wait for a more credible source than Fox"...

or you could try searching the web yourself.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

The problem is that Hugo seems to be using Sorcha Faal as a source.

A grim report prepared by the Russian Northern Fleet for Prime Minister Putin is stating today that the catastrophic earthquake that has devastated the Island of Haiti was the ‘clear result’ of a United States Navy test of one of its ‘earthquake weapons’ planned to be used by the Americans upon the Persian Nation of Iran but had gone ‘horribly wrong’.

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

In case you don't know about Sorcha Faal:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage,

I think what Rich is trying to point out is that Sorcha is hardly the only source on tectonic/weather weapons and that someone with's Hugo's position probably has a few guys somewhere in their intelligence service that does more than research by means of Google and SF( or BS). Anyone who dismisses Hugo's 'claims' because Hugo is making them is not only committing a logical fallacy of the first order but only missing the point by miles.

Then again this is pretty much the level of discourse around this place ( nothing new) so i will just restate that there is plenty to read if one can type and find 'google.com'.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

I understood that.

But the quotes attributed to Hugo are direct quotes from Sorcha. It did come from Google. That's the problem

A report from "Russia's Northern Fleet". (A signature of Sorcha, it's always Russians)
A "shockwave".
"planned destruction of Iran through a series of earthquakes designed to topple the current Islamic regime."

If Hugo said it, he got it from Sorcha. I'm dismissing it for two reason; there are no earthquake or weather control weapons and it came from Sorcha (that alone should be enough).

[edit on 1/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I understood that.

But the quotes attributed to Hugo are direct quotes from Sorcha. It did come from Google. That's the problem

Well if Sorcha says Hugo said it it must be true, right? Bah. I can imagine Hugo saying that but certainly won't take Sorcha's say so as proof.

A report from "Russia's Northern Fleet". (A signature of Sorcha, it's always Russians)
A "shockwave".
"planned destruction of Iran through a series of earthquakes designed to topple the current Islamic regime."

Some people have a hard time adjusting to the post cold war realities.
Why would a earthquake topple the Islamic regime or any other? Great.

If Hugo said it, he got it from Sorcha. I'm dismissing it for two reason; there are no earthquake or weather control weapons and it came from Sorcha (that alone should be enough).

I have to disagree on the first but yes, on the second i will make no contest of it.

Q: Let me ask you specifically about last week's scare here in
Washington, and what we might have learned from how prepared we are to
deal with that (inaudible), at B'nai Brith.

A: Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a
false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the
intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James
Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom
moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off
a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can
paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search.
The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using
some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some
reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to
construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very
dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written
about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to
devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic-specific so
that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and
others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects
that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an
eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off
earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic
waves.

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work
finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's
real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and
that's why this is so important.

www.fas.org...

I provided a link earlier where i do provide what should be sufficient to show that Cohen mentioned it as casually as he did because it was not a well hidden fact for decades even back 97'.

But hey, it's not like i knew about this back then so don't feel ashamed; you really don't know everything and no one expects you too.

Sorry.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Thank you for providing the complete quote. That isn't often done.

Cohen was answering a question about a false anthrax attack, a hoax, at B'nai Brith. That is the context of his statements, false attacks, false alarms, false claims.

some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one.

They don't have to be able to do what they say they can do. All they have to do is talk about it. What's scarier than the ability to start earthquakes and volcanoes? False claims + ignorance + misunderstanding = fear = terror tool. Such reports also can divert intelligence efforts from real efforts. It's called disinfo.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have never seen any serious evidence that the United States or any other country has a mechanism which can trigger an earthquake (although drilling a 50-mile deep hole near the San Andreas Fault and detonating a thermonuclear weapon in it might be a fun experiment).

Earthquakes come from either the close passage of magma (i.e., on the slopes of an active volcano during eruptions) or from the interaction of tectonic plates deeper in the Earth's crust. No one has ever explained to me how an electromagnetic pulse (especially one aimed to the upper atmosphere like the HAARP device) can cause a shifting of trillions of tons of the Earth's crust, to say nothing of doing so in a way which will "aim" the resulting earthquake with pinpoint accuracy.

Some colleagues, when questioned about the mechanism of such putative devices, smile knowingly and mention Nikola Tesla. Admittedly, Tesla was a brilliant (and unstable) engineer and inventor, but there is no evidence that he had a secret weapon or device which could do some of the things attributed to it (indeed, some of the so-called Tesla effects, like the Tunguska blast, have been thoroughly debunked).

We are getting much better at measuring earthquakes and improving in our ability to predict them, but we simply can't trigger them, as much as some of the conspiracy theory people (and warmongers of various persuasions) would like us to.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
With respect, I don't think any one of us can know for certain whether it is possible or not.

If it turns out he DID say it, it seems he is feeling threatened. I wonder why?

By some accounts, the military presence in Haiti is over and above what is required to secure the infrastructure. So maybe it's just a case of not letting a good earthquake go to waste

Hasn't your own Ron Paul said as much?
www.ronpaul.com...

Remember - US is the country suspected of 'promoting' 9/11. Its the country which spearheaded the invasion of Iraq. The only country to use atomic bombs.
So would US use such a weapon (if available)?
I would say 'yes'.

I wouldn't bet either way, at the moment. I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility that US either caused the quake or at the least is going to take advantage.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
The United States apparently possesses an "earthquake weapon" that set off the catastrophic quake in Haiti and killed 200,000 innocents. Don't believe it's true? Just ask Hugo Chavez.

Citing an alleged report from Russia's Northern Fleet, the Venezuelan strongman's state mouthpiece ViVe TV shot out a press release saying the 7.0 magnitude Haiti quake was caused by a U.S. test of an experimental shockwave system that can also create "weather anomalies to cause floods, droughts and hurricanes."

Ranting of a crazy guy! Remember folks this from a leader who paid off his countries debt and chucked the IMF from his country. How could you listen to anything he says? Besides he doesn't wear designer suites so hardly credible?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
if it's true, we should have tested the weapon on Venezuela or even Cuba instead of Haiti. Chavaez could use his countries oil money to rebuild. Maybe we'll just hit ol' Hugo with a hypercane instead.

Maybe the fault line is to difficult to manipulate in S. America.
And if a known attack occurred the consequences dealing with Chavez would be way more dire than Haiti could deliver. Just observe over the years whom become the benefactors

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Zorgon made an awesome thread on HAARP

If you want to see the a well presented thread

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zz0409
Does anyone have any links to info about US ability to control weather etc? I've heard rumors of this, but nothing concrete.

It's horrible tragedy. But not unlike New Orleans, Haiti will benefit from restructure. Or.. at least I would think it will be built back much nicer..

Do I think tptb would? yes. Could they? not sure

You can find a wealth of info here on this ATS thread
Gakona HAARP on Full Power during Earthquake in Haiti!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Thank you for providing the complete quote. That isn't often done.

Well without context.......

Cohen was answering a question about a false anthrax attack, a hoax, at B'nai Brith. That is the context of his statements, false attacks, false alarms, false claims.

some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one.

Can be very damaging and consume valuable resources if not properly handled as in the alphabet soup of American intelligence organizations. This is hardly surprising but in my opinion you are presuming a continuation of the original contextual setting of false threats ( which are all based on tangible threats any ways; Anthrax does exist, etc) to dismiss the very existence of ability to do damage; the threat of WOMD usage were more than enough to keep the cold war hot but that never meant they could not or would not be used in just the same way that Anthrax and suicide planes were used just like earlier threats indicated.

They don't have to be able to do what they say they can do.

Agreed. Iraqi didn't have and WOMD and they still got invaded so clearly there is little relationship between the existence of a threat and actions taken against it. What you do not seem to be willing to consider in detail is that absence of preparation of admission of a threat hardly means it's not 'real' or can't or won't be used.

All they have to do is talk about it. What's scarier than the ability to start earthquakes and volcanoes?

Many, many things. These things are not really scary because it's 'nature' ,and people can make peace with nature, but if it were understood that such events might be as result of hostile action it would be very hard to keep the peace and suspicious at bay.

Like the Jnr Bush said,

Again, my attitude is, if it's not going exactly right, we're going to make it go exactly right. If there's problems, we're going to address the problems. And that's what I've come down to assure people of. And again, I want to thank everybody.

And I'm not looking forward to this trip. I got a feel for it when I flew over before. It -- for those who have not -- trying to conceive what we're talking about, it's as if the entire Gulf Coast were obliterated by a -- the worst kind of weapon you can imagine. And now we're going to go try to comfort people in that part of the world.

Thank you. (Applause.)

END 10:39 A.M. CDT

www.whitehouse.gov...

I mean once people suspects what will you do and who will you make responsible for the real events? What if that nation has more nukes than you do and better defenses too? Can you even consider admitting that another nation is causing you vast damage when so few would believe you? What would it matter if you do not have the means to stop them even if you were believed? Would that be why your building submarines and aircraft carriers, F 22's or are those things just the result of cold war inertia? Perhaps but yes, i am not convinced.

False claims + ignorance + misunderstanding = fear = terror tool.

= invasion of Iraq. I am the last person to believe that they are afraid of using these tools( fear&terror) or that they are as 'confused' as to who the real enemies are as they pretend to be.

Such reports also can divert intelligence efforts from real efforts. It's called disinfo.

Since i did provide the entire quote perhaps i can post the last part again in summary of the context you seem to be missing out on?

Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves."

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.

He is not saying that these things are not real but that they are and that is why it's so important to be able to quickly and accurately discern the true and immediate threats from the false or future one's. He also says clearly that they are finding ways instead of suggesting that they are exploring or merely making attempts. Hard to say which individual threat he is referring to ( or if it's a general statement) but suffice to say that the intelligence guys are getting more and more money and more and more power.

In closing i did not intend this link to 'prove' the existence to everyone but i hoped it would encourage some to contribute with more than the average ' it's impossible's' that gets thrown around here so often.

OFS ( hi
) made some more specific statements about what he considers possible and impossible which i hope to address in more detail over the weekend. If you want a preview of where i am likely to go the original link will take you one of my earlier diatribes ( in all probability a angry one too) which does , to it's credit, include some meaty sources about why nothing about this is impossible in the classical sense.

Regards,

Stellar

[edit on 28-1-2010 by StellarX]

[edit on 28-1-2010 by StellarX]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.

You've ignored the first part of the paragraph. He is saying that what is real is that there are many smart people finding ways to wreak terror.

His entire response was specific to a question about a hoaxed attack.
He did not say these things are real, he said there are reports about attempts to develop such things. There is nothing in his statement which says these things are possible or even that he believes they are possible.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join