It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Sam in His Truer Form

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Flame me if you want, but it's been a while since I've seen a cartoon of Uncle Sam in a positive manner and found it refreshing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78b9421442dc.jpg[/atsimg]

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

At this point, I am seriously tired of the anti-American crowd. But on the upside, they will be anti-somebody else in a month or two.

If someone 'truly' hates you, there is nothing you will ever do to reverse that hate. It is the price of extremism.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by redoubt]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

your words are very true,
but also very sad.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hate is a strong word. I am critical of American foreign policy as I am critical of all governments but I don't hate America. I just know everyone on this planet is capable of better.

That said I think that cartoon is appropriate. America, despite its economic woes and the wars still managed to provide support to Haiti and that is most commendable.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Anti- gov't =/= anti-american

Our gov't stopped being american a long time ago, I don't even think they're aware there's this thing called the constitution anymore.

Flame me if you will.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here's a headline for ya:

Oil-Rich Nations Fall Far Short in Haiti Donations

Source

How much cash have they donated?

ZERO$

WE even send aid to our enemies, (Iran), when they experience this.

Source

What say now?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

At this point, I am seriously tired of the anti-American crowd. But on the upside, they will be anti-somebody else in a month or two.

If someone 'truly' hates you, there is nothing you will ever do to reverse that hate. It is the price of extremism.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by redoubt]

You mean anti-American as in Obama & crew or anti-American as in people who love America and hate our government? I'm growing tired of having no choice but to hate my anti-American government. Not only does it make me look like the bad guy, it has made a joke of this country.

As soon as mandatory health care passed one side of congress I decided since they honestly and completely believe they own my body I would be disowning them in disagreement. They can't own me but I can disown them as my leaders or any part of me if they think they do.

I'm not impressed by gun-point charity where people have no choice but to "donate" to a cause like a government that in turn gives help to Haiti. What does impress me is that American's can be generous, yes they will help Haiti, and yes that goes to show that American's are alright. Its a good thing. I believe that Americans who earn a certain amount of money are more generous than almost any other place in the world even when you correct for earnings. And that is in fact something to be impressed by.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reverse the characters then you have your true uncle sam

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

that doesn't make any sense at all in regards to the cartoon. i get what you're trying to say i guess but what was the point?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Is there a political motivation to the rush to help? Seems like they have been very poor for a long time, and nobody has been too bothered.

How much aid has been provided to Haiti so far, compared to aid to New Orleans, post Katrina?
Genuine question, anyone have any idea?

I don't like jingoistic cartoons, ever - its just propaganda.

new topics

top topics

join