It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Islam? US manufactured weapons used by the Coalition Forces secretly coded with biblical text

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We all have opinions and conspiracies abound as to why we are in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Whist the initial purpose may have been retaliation (if we assume 911 was simply an terrorist attack) the underlying foundations for a sustained warn range from corporate requirements and oil. George W Bush gave us whiffs in the air of religious war, but his people always came out and said this was not a a war on Islam.

Interestingly, it has been disclosed that Australia, Britain and New Zealand use weapons made by the US, that have encoded religious passages on their scopes. Soldiers from any denomination shoots and the word of the Christian god guides their bullet. Who ordered this manufacture? And why?

The Wixom, Michigan-based maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a multi-year, $US660 million ($A726.55 million) contract with the US Marine Corps and other contracts with the US Army to supply the sights. If I was a resourceful ATser Id look up that chain and see who owns what at the top. Alas, I am not, so I will only be suspicious of the former governments ties to it.

is using US-made gunsights with biblical references etched on them as they fight the Taliban in Afghanistan....which are renowned by elite troops for their accuracy over long range, The Australian reports.

The gunsights, also used by US, British and New Zealand troops, have caused concern among military leaders that they may fuel views among extremists that the West is waging a war against Islam. R

Among the coded inscriptions were JN8:12, an apparent reference to John 8:12: "When Jesus spoke again to the people he said 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.'" The ADF confirmed on Thursday it had been unaware of the meaning of the inscription when the sights were issued to troops. "The Department of Defence was unaware of the significance of the manufacturer's serial number," the spokesman said. "The sights were procured because they provide mature technology which is highly reliable, in wide use by our allies and best meet Defence requirements. Soldiers are confident in the utility of the sight and the positive and proven effect which it is having on operations."

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Why code them? They had to break the numbers code to work out the passages.

There may well be many christian soldiers but this supposedly isn't a Christian-Islamic war.... apparently....

The saddest part is that trying to attach the words of Christianity, and when one follows this Religion, Jesus he said turn the other cheek....He would be turning in his grave, if he hadn't be taken up by a spaceship ;

[edit on 21-1-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I read about this earlier. Here is another article:

abcnews.go.com...

U.S. military rules specifically prohibit the proselytizing of any religion in Iraq or Afghanistan and were drawn up in order to prevent criticism that the U.S. was embarked on a religious "Crusade" in its war against al Qaeda and Iraqi insurgents.

Trijicon confirmed to ABCNews.com that it adds the biblical codes to the sights sold to the U.S. military. Tom Munson, director of sales and marketing for Trijicon, which is based in Wixom, Michigan, said the inscriptions "have always been there" and said there was nothing wrong or illegal with adding them. Munson said the issue was being raised by a group that is "not Christian." The company has said the practice began under its founder, Glyn Bindon, a devout Christian from South Africa who was killed in a 2003 plane crash.

I wonder if the US military will find another manufactuer now?

ETA: I just read this comment on the site i linked:

I just read Fox News and found that Trijicon is going to be keeping their government contracts and although they will be continuing their practice for non military buyers, Trijicon is offering the military "free modifiction kits." Just thought everyone would like to know what was happening.I really hope that now since both sides have come to an agreement some of the dust will settle and we can learn from this situation how to not attack someone else's rights and freedoms because their belief does not follow ours. By Grace this situtation did not hurt our soldiers or put them in harm's way!God Bless
JohnandJess07 3:55 PM

Though dont know where to find the info he is claiming.

Interesting nonetheless

[edit on January 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

he company has said the practice began under its founder, Glyn Bindon, a devout Christian from South Africa who was killed in a 2003 plane crash.

Thats interesting also....

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It is not my intent to bash religion on this thread, but I find it is self-evident that religion has been the motivator for self-righteous violence for as long as it has been about. In this sense, it does not suprise me at all.

While Jesus is claimed to have said, "Turn the other cheek". I'm sure we're all familiar with the message which is conveyed stoically throughout the preceeding 46 books - which is overwhelmingly one of fear, control and revenge.

A person who wishes to justify any action with his faith will find ample material in "The book."

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Can't disagree with you there.

I believe they had Jesus quotes which is why I brought that point up.

I'm interested to know if the owner of this company did this off their own bat, or if they were approved it by the Govt.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Now I haven't looked up all of the passages as they relate to the Trijicon sights but it seems to me that the biblical passages referenced deal with turning darkness to light or something along those lines. That's what these sights do, turn darkness into light and if they comfort the troops I'm all for it. I've seen more offensive things written on tank barrels or ordinance attached to planes than this.

Personally I'm more concerned by the troop that yells die mutha f*&k2r, while our enemy envokes the name of god for help. Which is more troubling for you?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Apparently the company has agreed to remove the inscriptions.
Article

WASHINGTON - A Michigan company that manufactures combat rifle sights for the U.S. military that carry Bible verse citations said Thursday it would send kits to remove the inscriptions, NBC reported. Trijicon Inc. also said it would take off Biblical references from all U.S. military products that are still in the company's factory and ensure future items do not have any inscriptions on them.

top topics

join