It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes Are Electric

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
China and the US are working on earthquake detecting technology in satellites. Earthquakes register large electromagnetic signatures that can be detected from satellites. This nonsense about earthquakes being a function of shifting rock is a flat out lie. The US and China have preliminary satellites and monitoring equipment that can already detect quakes and they are currently working on a new class of satellites specifically designed for this task.

Earthquakes are caused essentially by what can be thought of as "underground" lightning. An electrical discharge is what actually causes the violent rock movement. This also has been known for a while now. The Earth is essentially a leaky capacitor floating in the electrified plasma field of the Sun. This is supported by the plasma cosmology model of earthquakes which accounts for earthquake association to sunspots, earthquake lights, and ionospheric electrical disturbances prior to earthquakes.

NASA and the IEEE comment on the electrical currents associated with earthquakes:

Electrical currents in rock might explain another curious observation: Scientists doing research with magnetometers just before major earthquakes have serendipitously recorded tiny, slow fluctuations in Earth's magnetic field...

The cause of these signals is unknown.

The details of how this current is generated remain something of a mystery.

Stressed rock does act like a semi-conductor, which explains what currents in the earth travel through, but it does not explain where those currents originate from.

The conventional explanations given above attempt to write these facts off as side effects of shifting or stressed rock. However, as the papers admit, these theories do not adequately account for the observations.

This image of the ground height displacement surrounding the Hector mine earthquake bolsters my point. You can see the obvious circular outline of an electrical discharge event. If earthquakes are supposedly caused by shifting rock faults, we would expect to see linear deformation along the faults, not a circular rise in terrain around a central point.

Now that we know earthquakes are an electrical phenomena, and we have a ready explanation for how that phenomena works, which is given to us by plasma cosmology, we can accurately theorize on possible 'man made' conspiracies surrounding the Haiti event.

Plasma cosmology is the real deal. A correct theory of the universe provides ready explanations for all observable phenomena.

This understanding of earthquakes electrical nature also lends credence to the claims that man made facilities might be able to generate a quake on command. By actively creating a connection between the surrounding charge of space and the ground rock, one might be able to unleash ground lightning at will.

Plasma cosmologists explain:

The missing link between the sunspots and earthquakes is the fact that the electric discharges on the Sun that cause sunspots also affect the Earth's ionosphere. The ionosphere forms one "plate" of a capacitor, while the Earth forms the other. Changes of voltage on one plate will induce movement of charge on the other. But unlike a capacitor, the Earth has charge distributed beneath the surface. And if the subsurface rock has become semi-conducting because of stress, there is an opportunity for sudden electrical breakdown to occur through that rock. The mystery of how the current is generated is solved and the link with sunspots exposed. Subsurface lightning causes earthquakes! Seismic waves are the equivalent of the rumble of thunder. The energy released may be equivalent to the detonation of many atomic bombs but only a small proportion needs to come from the release of strain in the rocks. Most of it comes from the Earth's stored internal electrical energy.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Very nice gathering of information. However, I'm still a bit skeptical. The last time I checked, rocks weren't capable of generating a whole lot of current and, although the earth itself would have plenty of electricity to let loose if even half of your sources are accurate, I don't believe that it would be the cause of such earthquakes, but, rather, the effect of the earthquakes.

I'm not looking for a philosophical debate about causality, but due to the incredibly low levels of electromagnetism being generated, it looks to me that they wouldn't account for the quake. It seems much more realistic to me to say that the earthquake released the electromagnetism as a function of itself.

And, honestly, the fact that the U.S. Government (or China, even worse), set it's sights on something has never been a good enough reason for me to believe that it's the direction we ought to be looking.

Just my two cents.

(Edit for grammar, clarification and such.)

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Epsilon5]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsilon5

That can't be the case because the electromagnetic effects occur well before a quake happens.

That's how you can predict them.

If what you're saying is the case, there would be no way to predict them as all the electrical effects should occur after the fact.

Such an explanation also does not account for sunspot correlation.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
How does the growing earth fit into this picture? I am convinced that it is growing.

My thoughts are that, just like comets that are big ice balls. Planets too start out like this with all of the frozen water in the middle. Once the planet begins heating up like a microwave cooking from the inside out thus the breakup of the earth...all from steam pushing out. This tremendous pressure and possibly electricity makes the magma like a big ark welder.

The electric theories fascinate me because I know they fit into the puzzle...what are your thoughts?

Peace

[edit on 21-1-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by Epsilon5

Such an explanation also does not account for sunspot correlation.

Ok now the Haiti sunspot story just clicked....I finally get that now...thank you.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Oh, just feel that i have to mention a website - www.solarimg.org, this guy connects solar activity with earthquakes too! I was sceptical in the beginning, however - yesterday after seeing the news with the new Haiti earthquake, i immediately took a look at the Solar activity graphs, and yes - EM wave did hit the earth exactly at the time of the earthquake . I do not say this is allays the cause for earthquakes, but sometimes it appears to trigger it indeed..

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Yeah, there's more evidence to suggest the plasma cosmology theory is correct as well.

Space is electric.

When the electrical nature of the universe is understood, all things are revealed.

If what you are saying is true, then that would actually discredit the earthquake as being a "man made" event.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
very interesting, it may explain the strange phenomena people see before and after earthquakes like ball lightning. I will agree that some EM can induce earthquakes but not all of them, some are produced by plate tectonics. So they might be 2 ways of producing an earthquake and here we thought we was safe on this ball of water

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

The energy output from the Sun is far far greater than our energy resources we will produce any-time soon. Even if we would use harmonic waves and so on, we simply cannot get any near of what the Sun is capable of. So i guess i will dismiss the "man made" theory . If the US knew about the Earthquake the day before it happened, i guess it is because they know more about the sun-earthquake connection.

When a solar flare happens , it takes time for the "WAVE" to actually hit the Earth , so technically we can predict it in advance. I will keep on looking to this idea , maybe i can even pinpoint the location of the earthquakes if this proves to be true!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This makes sense.
Map the 11 year sun cycle against frequency of earthquakes

We'll see more and more earthquakes up untill 2012

join