It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preparing for Government Disinfo Agents.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It should be clear to all here by now, that the Government of the United States is beginning to target intellectual dissenters, and their congregation and discussion sites.

More information on this story can be found here:

www.sott.net...

This should come to no surprise to anyone here, as tyrannical regimes are quite keen on controlling thoughts, and controlling dissent, and alternative opinions.

As free speech is a right protected from government obstruction by the Constitution, and Bill of rights, we can only expect a different mode of attack.

And that is Disruption, and breeding Divisions.

I have had plenty of experience with these sort of strategies, And I figured that I would go ahead and attempt to get the ball rolling on our defense of our RIGHT to think for ourselves.

Many attacks can easily be recognized, and countered with a thorough understanding of Logical Fallacies:

en.wikipedia.org...

These argumentative tactics have devastating results on those who do not understand their inherent failings, and thus, are quite often used to "Defeat" and opponents argument, or position.

I would recommend thoroughly studying Logic, and These types of fallacies, to protect yourself, and argument from opponents whose aim is to win public support, by hurling fallacious arguments; Instead of arguing their position.

I am placing this thread up for public discussion in order to familiarize all here on the "Intellectual War" and arming them for battle.

I would like you to contribute other perspectives, strategies, and opinions to this thread, so that we may have a ready defense against these attacks upon our Freedom of Thought.

And just to make a point absolutely clear, they would not be attacking us, unless they thought us a Threat.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I find it ironic that your thread has a link to AJ
Although I do find him entertaining.

However, without a doubt Disinfo Agents are among us, even here...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
When the BBC ever covers conspiracy theorists, they are always set up to look like nut jobs. Believing in the conspiracy is regarded as dangerous and helps the alleged perpetrators(Muslim terrorists) with their fight against the west.

This is how it will be played out. sites like ATS will be targeted as some of the theories will be deemed as aiding Terrorists and hampering the Governments attempts to catch said terrorists. The governments will claim
Conspiracy Theories are dangerous as are those who believe in them.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

First of all, drawing causality between someone being guilty of a logical fallacy and them being a "disinfo" agent is in itself a false causality fallacy. So does that mean that you just identified yourself as such ... of course not.

Second of all, as has been stated ad nauseum, there is no such thing as "disinformation" ... just information which we are all able to investigate. Some is valid some isn't ... it's aaaaall good!

Are you disinformed?
Maybe you disunderstand ...
Or do you disinterpret and/or disperceive?

Meh, I wouldn't stress on it too much, as long as we each hold up our personal responsibility to due diligence when presented with words on a screen, there's very little that any of these disidiots can do to affect us.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

No, I think you are missing the point.

I was suggesting that Disinfo agents would attempt to disrupt conversation and discussion by USING logical fallacies.

Not that Logical Fallacies are *Automatically* the work of a disinfo agent, just that they are the common tactic of such.

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I think I understood what you are trying to convey ...

And yes, logical fallacies would probably be in the disinfo toolkit ... but as you noted they can also be the result of unintentional poor reasoning.

How are we to glean intent which separates the two just by reading the words?
And what difference does it make on a practical level?
That is to say, if the reasoning is flawed, does it matter if the intent behind it is malicious or plain flawed by innocent lack of understanding?
It's still the same erroneous end result and still requires the same deconstruction right?

[edit on 21 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well, the difference between the two is not easily discernible...

But there is no real difference on the practical level, as far as deconstructing fallacies.

The main point of this thread is to exchange knowledge about defeating Disinfo agents and such.

If that knowledge helps Deny Ignorance, then so be it!

It's still the same erroneous end result and still requires the same deconstruction right?

Precisely... a working knowledge of Logic, and logical fallacies is ideal in the defense against the Dark Arts (LOL!) but also against ignorance.

I like efficiency!

-Edrick

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Second of all, as has been stated ad nauseum, there is no such thing as "disinformation" ... just information which we are all able to investigate. Some is valid some isn't ... it's aaaaall good!

So true. Use logic and deductive reasoning to make up your own mind. I mean they are just confirming what many have already suspected anyway. They have always been around. I really don't see what will change.

The Department of Pre-Crime does not own our minds yet. Now I'm sure they will try to entrap feeble minds, and if you have violent intentions, I say good I hope they catch you. One less reasonable person to clog up our threads.

I see it as a way for the government to eventually shut these things down because of a few bad apples. One more way to convince the "general public"
to give up more freedoms for a little security. If you fall into that mind set you deserve neither.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Edrick

I think I understood what you are trying to convey ...

And yes, logical fallacies would probably be in the disinfo toolkit ... but as you noted they can also be the result of unintentional poor reasoning.

That is to say, if the reasoning is flawed, does it matter if the intent behind it is malicious or plain flawed by innocent lack of understanding?

[edit on 21 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

Precisely! I couldn't have said that better.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

However, without a doubt Disinfo Agents are among us, even here...

Yeh! Like that phage character

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Mis-information
or
Dis-information

actions of misinformers, we presume unintentional
actions of disinformers, we presume intentional

either way;
to pursue distinguishing between the two
could lead to inevitable persecution of innocent
and or further division

honestly - a 'disinfo' agent could impersonate the simply misinformed individual

we can not fully apprehend the person through their actions
thus, perhaps,
we distinguish what is false from true in their word
&
regardless of the intent of the messenger - we will know the intent of the message

Truth Within Us

We are One

LOVE

[edit on 21-1-2010 by awake1234]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

False accusations that someone is a disinfo agent is spreading disinfo, and I'm sure that happens more often than not.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK

No, he is actually an Info Agent.

Translation: one of the good guys!

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by GW8UK

No, he is actually an Info Agent.

Translation: one of the good guys!

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Signals]

Oh right (y) thanks for clearing that up!

This alex jones show is one of his best. There are so many things running through the government now its crazy.
Everyone is being duped and everyone has ingested to much fluoride to care!

top topics

join