It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteries of the South West Ongoing Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Sorry for bumping a 5 year old thread but I'm planning on visiting the area (not immediately, but when my finances allow), and I'd like to know a few things so I can better plan this trip. I'm from Australia so its not like I'm just driving out there on a long weekend. I saw a pic of Mt Humpheries once and decided I had to go out there, I'm from a place where our mountains dont look like that, ours look like giant open cut iron-ore mines

Tuba City. This is one of the places I'd like to visit but I'm not sure if I need a permit or even if I would be welcome. Whats the deal with visiting Tuba? do I need a permit to go there? Same with Grand Falls, but thats not such a must see for me.

Getting out there I'm considering two possibilities. Fly into LAX and get the Amtrak out to Flagstaff (then have to source a car there), or get a car in LA and drive out. I'm not opposed to driving long distances (Western Australia is a big place), but what are the rules bringing out of state cars into AZ? do I need to have it re-registered in AZ? I'm not going to hire a car, I intend to just buy one and sell it when I leave.

I hadn't decided if I was going to base myself in Sedona or Flagstaff--which one is cheaper (in general)?

Again I apologise for bumping an old thread, but would appreciate if you would get back to me.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join