It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteries of the South West Ongoing Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I happen to have the good luck of living in the epicenter of strange here in Northern Arizona. I live on a Volcano for all intents and purposes, there once was an entire culture here, and not that long ago, that vanished (the Anasazi) Sedona to the South is called the spiritual center of America. There are Sasquatch sightings across the Mogollon rim which runs several Hundred Miles of wilderness into New Mexico from out my back door.

Within a comfortable day time drive, there is Area 51, a myriad of Native ruins and ghost towns and ghost mines, battle sites, Death Valley, Roswell, Dulce and a lot more to be seen.

I've personally been to and at the very lest looked around all of these locations, many others too. It's a fascinating area and I would like to share what I have seen, what I have heard and basically just what's out here in the SW.

Others who live in the area are highly encouraged to participate in this exploration.

I'll be posting on a variety of different topics and areas within this thread and I'll be sure to title individual posts so you know what I'm going on about.

Feel Free to ask any questions or to suggest or offer topics and experiences of your own.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Flagstaff-Mt Humphreys-Hopi Legend

Mt Humphreys stands at an elevation of 12,637 ft with the town of Flagstaff (which I call home) sitting at 7000 ft underneath.

Flag is known for many things, including crazy weather, the fact that it's a dormant Volcano, decent skiing and being the gateway to the Grand Canyon.

I think it's a great place to start here because Ats is awash with various theories ranging from that we can from the stars or underground, or the presence of underground civilizations and a myriad of other origins theories

The Hopi call the Peaks are Nuvatukyaovi, "The Place of Snow on the Very Top," They believe it is home to the Kachina spirits that live among the clouds and bring rain for half of the year. The Peaks are considered sacred

But what I want to touch upon here

Is the Hopi origin story.

As it goes there are 4 worlds 3 within the Earth and one atop where we live now. The story is long and I intend to get into it later on. But in short in the third world the Women began to go mad and they sought to make a journey up into our world into the light.

The claim is that they reached this world through an opening in the Earth a Crack the location is known as "The Sipapu"

As an avid spelunker I would love to enter this location, I have found that region is littered with unknown caves and have discovered quite a few veins... I will also go into this topic later in greater detail.

The location of "The Sipapu" is said to be in the Grand Canyon which I believe but obviously the location on what few maps are available is false because there is no "crack"

According to the story there were 3 Mesas where the Hopi were supposed to set themselves up until the time to enter "The Fifth World"

Just to The North East of Flagstaff is One of those Mesas

So that's a glimpse at my central point of adventure, One of the 4 Hopi Cloud Houses, a place where the Kachinas leave on the Winter Solstice to Join the Hopi on the Mesas they settled after emerging into the 4th world from under the Grand canyon.

Here is a Link to the full story here by legend Origins

And a more scholarly Link Here

[edit on 21-1-2010 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
A Moment of Awareness.

Many of you have seen and enjoyed the Movie Avatar. As you can tell from the above post this Mountain is Holy to at least 13 tribes including the Hopi and there is at this point and time a situation here that remarkably mirrors that movie.

In 2 years the production of artificial snow for years in which there is low low snowfall so that Skiing can continue to be lucrative will begin here.

The Snow however will be made from reconditioned Sewer Water...

While Skiing was consider tolerable, like scars on the Mountain but doing no actual harm, From the Native vantage point, we will essentially be pissing on the home of their Kachinas, and I must admit knowing it's conditioned sewer water from an ecological stand point doesn't sit too well with me either.

The Mountain does serve from a perspective of nature as a place where clouds gather and spread rain through various times of the year, rain that falls everywhere to the East

While I love to Ski and do so whenever I can, I really can't help but see the parallels to the movie as a company manages to for all intents and purposes piss down one of a peoples holiest sites in exchange for a few extra $ on a low snow year.

It's an incredibly rude thing as I see it, and I thought I'd just take a moment to mention it and bring a bit of awareness that this happens not just in the movies but is going on right now right here.

More detailed information can be found here

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ufo sightings and Geological Anomalies

The area is extremely interesting and all across the rim in fact all across Arizona there are frequent UFO sighting including the infamous Phoenix Lights and the alleged events from the Movie Fire in the Sky which are said to have occurred near snowflake Az.

While I myself have yet to have an encounter I will over time be getting into the Geological issues in the region

I happen to be located in an area of active Vulcanism and extreme Weather as I have already mentioned. While I myself have yet to have an encounter I will over time be getting into the Geological issues in the region.

Some things I have witnessed have included

Ball Lightning which I saw for the first tie in my life about 6 months ago.

There is an area in my yard where my cell phone will drain entirely of Power from the battery once in a while and sometimes will refuse to recharge for hrs, a good friend of mine has had items mysteriously un charge and simultaneously charge other items at the same moment, for example a cd player batter die and a dead phone suddenly be full of power.

There is also the Hummmm

There is a humm beneath my feet sometimes. I can hear it late at night when all is utterly quiet, it is a wide spread thing and goes as far as I have chosen to walk, it sounds like it is coming from within the earth.

What I am driving at is that...from Ufo's to oddities of nature the area is ripe and it can be very difficult to sort between natural phenomena and something more of a paranormal nature and I think perhaps both contribute to the number of sightings we have here.

I can make no assumptions about the hum or power spikes...

But am very interested in the opinions of others...

A part of me actually leans to the underground base theories....

It is rumored that near Holbrook there is an Underground base and that another has been built just south of here. The base by Holbrook would be a literal stones throw from the "Fire in the sky"" events in snowflake.

The rim itself sits between 5000-6000 ft above sea level has the right rock Limestone within it for porous and vast caves to have formed and indeed the Coconino aquifer is enormous covering much of the 4 corners region which is part of 4 states so water is continuously pouring through it...

(The Hopi tale btw describes them coming up through a "wet damp place" to reach the surface)

So the possibility of a vast network underground exists for me ...

The again...

Moving water and even Lava nearby in places could easily somehow account for the Hummm or electrical anomalies...

None the less, those phenomena are real and I have experienced them first hand.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Taking a break...

Haven't even got past what is in my yard for all intents and purposes... will be adding photos soon too

Please feel free to comment or add your own information...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
i think maybe the hum is coming from crystals, underground, maybe submersed in highly mineralized water

i was born in Tucson and i've lived in NM all my life since then
i love this place, this magical desert

have you heard of the crystal cave down in Mexico? in southern Chihuahua, i think it is - Naica

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I've heard of the Cave down in Mexico, it's Amazing.

And what your saying could very well be possible. Never thought of it myself but geologically there is no reason why not.

I actually really want to dive the lake in the cave at Pepper Sauce not far from you. The last time i think anyone did that was 2000 and as the story goes the found a ladder underwater that seemed to lead to a whole new set of chambers.

It's a good cave for beginners too from what I've heard, not a guided tour but frequented and I always like those Caves they are good to bring my kids along on nothing too tough so I can go scout it out with them.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

i live 20 miles or so from Carlsbad Caverns National Park - in which also lies the very deep Lechugilla Cave as well as the less-spectacular Slaughter Canyon Cave

i will tell you more about my theory related to crystals and vibrational energy:

Edgar Cayce spoke of three places where the "records" of human history were put for safekeeping in the age before this one - one was off the coast of Florida near Bimini, another "in the Yucatan," and the last under the Great Sphinx in Giza.

well, of course we all know about the electromagnetic enigma in the so-called Bermuda Triangle - and there is a place in Chihuahua, Mexico that also seems to manifest anomalies of the same sort.

i can't recall a single clue as to the name of this place in Mexico, but i will come up with it if i don't give up. and then i'll provide some links.

anyway, my idea is that the crystals are how this information has been stored, in safekeeping, until we're ready and willing to accept the truth about our origins and distant past, no matter what it is.

think about it - these crystals, acting as capacitors for *information* which is just another form and function of electromagnetism and vibrational energy are absolutely incorruptible - no human being could steal from these crystals, much less think about HOW to go about it, until such time the danger, of using such advantages for one's own selfish ends, ends~

so, IF there are caches of huge pure crystals in these three places, mentioned above, immersed in mineralized and heated water except for in Egypt, then something about the crystals still being "alive" as it were, still growing in embryonic conditions that are optimal in the mineral world, is causing, or contributing to, the anomalies.

so that it correlates that if there are anomalies over the 2 water filled caches but nothing of note over the cache, in Egypt, that is no longer growing after the climate changed in that part of the world, it must be linked to water's own mystical metaphysical ability for conmmunication(which i think is all about the Hydrogen atom, but that's another story)

now, mind you, all my postulations are made with the assumption that these conditions are true in all three places - i don't know that they are nor do i see any proof coming in the near future

it is the part of my mind that is outside my head
that tells me these things - outside of my head but not out of my mind

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It's would be extremely interesting to see what lies under Sedona and I have heard rumors of caverns hidden from the public long ago, but the geology under the vortexes would be fascinating to find out more about if there was a way down.

Oak Creek Canyon runs between here and there and more than one other member has mentioned alien encounters along the trail in the past too which I don't know weather to make heads or tails of...

Presence of large crystal formations here is likely... a great deal of smaller crystals are found and polished across a very wide variety of stones, along the 40 particularly in Holbrook there are large scale businesses selling dozens of different kinds of stones in quantity I have quite a collection actually.

You'd never dig to know, but large numbers of crystals if the Quartz under Sedona would be very interesting to find in a place like Sedona for a variety of reasons particularly when talking abut life and earth Energies.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As an Odd Note on Winter

People only thin Desert in regards to the South West.

But all along the rim and through the Grand Canyon, Northern Az gets a ton of Snow...

Currently we are experiencing a 5 foot monstrosity of a storm, snow is up over my porch and not slowing down. Just a bit of info for anyone who might want to see some of these spiritual or other locations, in winter time you need winter gear, extreme winter gear in fact...

You couldn't actually walk out on any trail or into the Forest right now without Snow Shoes or Cross Country skis, No vehicle short of a snow mobile is going out to any location for a few days not even the more popular touristy ones like the Volcanic domes or near by ruins...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Man sounds like you got quite the location to call home. I'm in NY so winter can be a bummer, but I didn't realize the weather out your way is so harsh too. Cool post and I can't wait for more from you on this!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I think you are looking for the zone of silence in Mexico:

Magnetic Desert

Zona del Silencio

Great Thread!
Peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

YES!!!

thank you for knowing that and for the links

i was hoping someone would know!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

Yes Thank you those are very interesting links, appreciated never heard of this area before now.

I'll have an update soon, Internets been off and on all day from the storm.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My backyard here 35 airmiles due South West of Albuquerque has an AMAZING site!
I'm technically in Laguna on the edge of Isleta tribal land, on Hwy 6 (pre-1937 Route 66) between I-40 and I-25.
At Milemarker 18 is a Mountain (called a "Fortification Mesa") at the bend of the Rio Puerco (Northward are 5 or more furrowed fields too!) where a large cataract has long eroded, overlooking a vast plain with an ancient 2-storied colony called "Pottery Mound".

At this Mountain is a series of unique monuments (and extensive ruins) aligned in undeniable symmetry, amid hundreds of outlying petroglyphs.

The First 1/3 up the only path up the North face on the Left is an 80-ton Boulder of Basaltic Andesite with 216 letters of chiseled Paleo-Hebrew script in 9 lines at a 40 degree Right angle` writing the 10 Commandments as in Exodus.

The Second immediately Right upon the Mesa along its Northernmost edge, is a Zodiac Table depicting the stars centered on a Solar Eclipse with an aligning of 4 or 5 of the Planets forming an ancient Hebrew YaH icon glyph between Virgo and Scorpio in Constellation Libra, it matches perfectly an event on September 27, 759 BCE that lasted all day.

The Third is at the Mountains Highest Point (5507'), is the only Altar to the Biblical LORD-GOD known still as yet consecrated, bearing it's dedicatory inscription intact (having only one bullet hit!)... it's Left 40 degrees 10 letters of the same writing aligns the rivers' only straitness while looking out on the Mesa level area it reveals a large open end double rectangle of deeply inset large flat stones in double overlapping and cemented together with a Caliche-Adobe mixture.

If one overlooks that Altar Rock the highest point of the Mount itself has a hole bored in its center for a staff-pole inserting which lines up precisely with the "Southern" perimeter of the level area for a very great tent structure.

There is alot of shards of various pottery up there, and I've found a few points also knapped roughly of the local volcanic material. There's another mountain far to the North where hunting occurred and the points found there are of the finer pyroclastic Chert Agate and Chalcedony.

I found the remains of the iron tool the writer used to do the Commandments and Altar with -tucked deep under the rock ledge nearby where he slept. This site astounds me and makes living here so0 worthwhile, I must remind myself of this -and then ask myself- am I worthy?

[edit on 2010/1/22 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

Interesting stuff, much appreciated...

Kind of bummed that I started this thread as the storm of the Decade swept through, haven't been able to add much this last day or two...

But really surprised to see people posting about places I didn't even know about...

Thanks!

There really is no exaggeration to the south west just being ripe with oodities and paranormal related goodie zones...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Very interesting videos about the crystal cave in Chihuahua:

Crystal Cave exploration

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
SipApu..Sip.Apsu...Apsu...sumerian for gateway intereseting.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

TY... i'll be doing an update soon., probably tomorrow...

Got knocked off doing anything productive by the storms this week, the snow shoveling was never ending

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

"TY... i'll be doing an update soon., probably tomorrow...

Got knocked off doing anything productive by the storms this week, the snow shoveling was never ending"

Thought I'ed re-visit and see if you were dug out of the snow yet? The four corners is replete with natuve american tales...Would love to hear of the local ones..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join