It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frenzied Fish Fractures Female's Face (AMAZING PHOTO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
In a recent article on Popular Science entitled: The Battle for the Great Lakes: Army Corps of Engineers Versus Alien Fish
www.popsci.com...

I found this picture of a woman getting pegged in the face by a very aggressive Asian carp and I felt it was a better story than the main one about the Army vs Fish. Check it out.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e2c6152245d.jpg[/atsimg]

“Jodi had just fired at a fish when a second fish, about 12 pounds came out of the water to her right and struck her in the side of the face. Her initial reaction was “I’m hurt”. She was immediately taken to the doctor that told her, her jaw was broken. The prognosis is good, but the price is going to be 6 weeks of having her jaw wired shut. “

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the water!! And what is she doing with a bow? No wonder she got a fish b*tch slap! Use a pole, idiot!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
HAHAHA that is awsome.

Ive always wanted to give prey animals body armour... or weapons they didnt posses. Its always fun to tip the balance every once in a while.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ouch, that's gotta hurt.
I wonder if she'll ever eat fish ever again?

I ain't a tree hugger or nothin' but it's kinda cool whenever we see nature striking back like that.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
this picture has such good timing! That fish is a badass. it FLEW out of the water and tackled her face. DAMN.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Haha, I bet that fish was thinking "You point that gun, at my friends and family, you hunt us down like dogs, rape our women and children...,"

Rambo style baby! Good on the fish. Plus, if he tastes anything like Kippers, I'm sure he's delicious. I'm not sure how the woman tastes, but, beggars can't be choosers

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Alesanjin]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
OK for the fish!

While I am sorry she was injured, she should not have been trying to shoot fish. Talk about an unfair advantage.

This fish redressed the balance - what a brave fish, when you think about it.

It left its environment to enter a hostile environment and attacked a giant (from its point of view).

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I agree. This brings to question whether or not this fish retaliated because of the shooting. Aren't carp known to jump out of the water like this? Regardless, I think it is a good picture.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
ah, the serendipitous wave of earth. hahahaha.
priceless image, priceless irony.
(even more so if the carp was 'getting back' or protecting)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Great pic!

Shouldn't this be in the Fragile Jaw Forum?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by souls

carp aren't so much jumpers. they are more of a bottom feeder or sorts.

but they can get ridiculously large and strong! i know first hand from spear fishing them when i was younger; if you got one, it took everything you had to hold onto the tool that you were using to catch it.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If you watch the video below you will see it's almost impossible to not get hit by a flying fish!

As an avid archer I can see this making for a very fun Sunday afternoon. The only thing I have against it is I don't think they keep all the fish that they shoot.
I firmly believe you should eat what you kill.

But on the other side of the coin these fish obviously have healthy number on their side. In fact I think I read that in some places they are a feral species and therefore should be free game.

link   
awesome picture but as someone who grew up on the great lakes, and fished quite often in my youth i have seen many carp jump in the water, NEVER have i witnessed a carp come up out of the water that far, that fish looks a good 5 feet out of the water at least

i have a hard time buying it that a carp could jump that high

if they can, why dont they more often?

this could easily allow them to eat more birds and other animals

link   
awesome picture but as someone who grew up on the great lakes, and fished quite often in my youth i have seen many carp jump in the water, NEVER have i witnessed a carp come up out of the water that far, that fish looks a good 5 feet out of the water at least

i have a hard time buying it that a carp could jump that high

if they can, why dont they more often?

this could easily allow them to eat more birds and other animals

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It would seem like a valid tactic against the use of explosives. Jumping out of the water would atleast give you a chance to avoid the compression wave in the water.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

They do it when startled. This fish was freaked either by the boat's motor or by another fish getting whacked with an arrow, jumped, and just happened to smash into the chick's face.

They use it as an escape mechanism. I doubt a carp could fit a bird into its mouth, even if it could aim and achieve enough speed to catch one

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Did you see the video I posted? I'm pretty sure it's not fake, and in it is hundreds of other carp jumping 5 feet out of the water. Do you doubt that?

Second of all, it's that particular species defense mechanism. The boat is ripping down the river and the carp are jumping out of the water to get away same as they would do if a large predator was trying to catch them.

Only thing is carp are to stupid to realize the boat isn't going to eat them but they jump to get away just the same.

Lastly carp have pretty small mouths in relation to their body size cause they are a type of sucker fish with no teeth and they feed mostly on scraps that lay on the bottom.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

judging from the time stamps you must have posted that video while i was posting my post, so didnt see your video until after i posted

really crazy video ive never seen anything like that

would love to know where that video was shot, i dont doubt it is real as it looks real, but as real as it looks it still looks unbelievable, ive spent a lot of time in the water and never seen anything remotely like that

very interesting

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
also a quick question

if its a defense mechanism its understandable

but with carp that size, what animal in the great lakes can make carp prey?

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Dramey]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

My apologies, I never looked at the times.

As for your question I can only make an assumption about the carp here in Canada as I have not fished anywhere else.

Where I live a rather large Carp could easily be taken by a Jack fish or Northern Pike which is often called the fresh water barracuda.

Unfortunately though our Carp do not jump like the ones in the video.
If you want to see more videos like the one I posted do a YouTube search for "Ariel Bow fishing" you will find many, the one I posted just happened to be from my playlist.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Pretty cool video, it's almost like shooting fish in a barrel.

Wouldn't it be easier to just use a net instead?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join