It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS News 10 - Obama Administration Staffer Wants To Stop Conspiracy Theorists!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A chilling development for all conspiracy theorists is the top story for this edition of ATS News, the revelation that an Obama administration staffer is advocating government-sponsored infiltration and disruption of groups of conspiracy theorists, so as to influence the flow of free expression. Additional stories include another surprise from the administration in an apparent dismissal of the second amendment, more misleading data revealed on the extent of global warming, and a special visit from the CEO of ATS to discuss some big changes.

Download the paper co-authored by Cass Sunstein, titled: "Conspiracy Theories, Causes and Cures," from the link below:
papers.ssrn.com
Excerpt:

There is a similar tradeoff along another dimension: whether the infiltration should occur in the real world, through physical penetration of conspiracist groups by undercover agents, or instead should occur strictly in cyberspace. The latter is safer, but potentially less productive. The former will sometimes be indispensable, where the groups that purvey conspiracy theories (and perhaps themselves formulate conspiracies) formulate their views through real-space informational networks rather than virtual networks. Infiltration of any kind poses well-known risks: perhaps agents will be asked to perform criminal acts to prove their bona fides, or (less plausibly) will themselves become persuaded by the conspiratorial views they are supposed to be undermining; perhaps agents will be unmasked and harmed by the infiltrated group. But the risks are generally greater for real-world infiltration, where the agent is exposed to more serious harms.

View full-size version on the media portal (best quality).

View low-bandwidth version on the media portal (for users with slower connections).

Threads covered in this episode:

Men more evolved? Y chromosome study stirs debate

World misled over Himalayan glacier meltdown

Obama Signs Martial Law Executive Order

Obama staffer wants 'cognitive infiltration' of 9/11 conspiracy groups

2nd Ammendment , Right to bear arms , Legally to be Challenged

Amazing cloud roll captured on camera

The "ATS 2010" Project: The Creative Look & Feel of ATS.

CrowdSpring Redesign Project

Yes, that's right, ATS now has an Arizona office dedicated to the investigation of the myriad of events and conspiracies originating from the U.S. desert southwest!

You can send your tips and interview ideas to SkepticOverlord, or mail them to the Arizona branch office at:
The Above Network
15111 North Hayden Road
Suite 160-156
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

ATS News with Johnny Anonymous is a production of AboveTopSecret.com, the Internet's largest and most popular website for the discussion of alternative topics. In this time where mainstream news has let down the public with heavily-spun and biased "news as entertainment," ATS News is your only source of unbiased news and information, from those people who turned out to be right all along: conspiracy theorists.
edit on 10-6-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Great episode, so phoenix is a hotbed for the paranormal eh?
didn't know that!

I'm not sure if i'm ready for a site redesign but if I can suggest please merge ATS with BTS into one website.

That's what id like to see the most and personally I believe you will see an increase in traffic as a result if you do this. And honestly this is what I wanted to see for over a year now, maybe 2 at ATS/BTS.

A merge would be excellent!!!!

Thanks for the great site!
You guys Rock

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Great episode, so phoenix is a hotbed for the paranormal eh?

Not so much the city itself, but there's a lot going on in the desert southwest, and the Phoenix area (not in Phoenix per-se) is centrally located for easy access to everything from Roswell to magnetic vortexes.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wow. With the political winds blowing such as they are and this continued heavy handed government posture, it's like he's just gonna give the football back to the Republicans and they're going to view the landscape and see what NWO agenda's weren't accomplished and get to work on those.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If you want more traffic to the website, one thing you need is more controversial threads. If you want more controversial threads you need more MEMBERS. If you need more members you should experiment with a MANDATORY user sign up before the forums can be viewed and with that you may be able to pull in more members. The threads are the machine on this site, that is where these videos come from; the content of the threads. I would try a mandatory sign up for 3 days and afterwards open the site back up for anyone who even is not a member, then observe the spike in member activity/new member signup.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Nice show. Very well presented; very professional. Even the music fits well. Fireside chat with Skeptic Overlord was a nice surprise. (Hope you find all the adventure you seek in your new area!)

Good work, Johnnie!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If suppose this may never be talked on major media outlets, but if does it's probably going to be seen as laughable, satire ensuing, or a real concern to civil liberties, which is completely is. They'll spin it off it'd meaning and definition and it's precursor values. Where's the free-thinking men of justice and reason anymore? Here! Glad to be a part of it!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Congratulations Johnny and Co. I think this is the best show to date. I like the way you are now incorporating other member replies in the message about the original threads. I really look forward to each show now.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Johnny, I really like the way the delivery continues to flow smoothly, big improvement in my opinion.

I was watching and listening intently and thought the show could use a second anchor person/co-pilot when all of a sudden SO was introduced.
Nice transition.

Darn it, I was just there not too long ago.
If I'm ever in the area again, I'll be sure to stop by and say hello.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ahhh

Yes... for this reason I find my location here in Flagstaff to be amazing for my hobby of actually getting out there and peeking at the odd, the bizarre and unexplained.

Truth be told I could go 10 years and not get to actually explore everything I'd like to from Sasquatch sightings to The Anasazi and Vortexes and that's all within 20 minutes drive.

The there's the spot in my yard which drains my cell phone battery sometimes from full to empty in a moment... and the occasional hummming sound coming from the ground

I think you just inspired a long over due thread on my part.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
In regards to the Disinfo topic. Why all the concern, we have trolls, flamers, and eccentrics galore posting all kinds of nonsense. Deal with the disinfo agents the same way, use fact and truth against them. I don't see how they could stand up to rational thought anymore than the above mentioned parasites.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Where else could you find a longer tradition of attacking conspiracys than
an appointment of someone from Harvard. One of early Presidents (1685-1701) was Increase Mather son of Cotton Mather famous for presiding
over the Salem Withch Trials.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradox.

My internet is on the fritz so I didn't get to watch the vid but I don't think a mandatory sign up is the answer even if it is temporary. To be frank, a good amount of the information on this site is "out there" so I don't think a mandatory sign up would attract members.

I think that a mandatory sign up would get those who visit the site but do not post to log in. However, for anybody who was interested but does not know the site a mandatory sign up would be an unnecessary hassle. You might call me lazy, but when I come upon a message board which requires me to sign up I just go somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JunoJive
In regards to the Disinfo topic. Why all the concern, we have trolls, flamers, and eccentrics galore posting all kinds of nonsense. Deal with the disinfo agents the same way, use fact and truth against them. I don't see how they could stand up to rational thought anymore than the above mentioned parasites.

Which post would you be talking about? What subject?

I only ask because ATS has a wide variety of subjects which attract a wide variety of opinions. I may not stay so in my posts, but every opinion is valid in it's own way.

I have stated before in a topic that was similar to this one. The disinfo is most likely to be one that fits in with the direction of this site in every way, it's just going to lead people in the wrong direction. We will be dealing with the best of the best. ( take note in how I used we and not you guys)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think the most important thing that I can say here is that Obama would be correct in wanting to stop conspiracy theorists. First and foremost, this is not the most government friendly site in the world.

Second, I have no proof but I could only assume that most of the information talked about dose not have enough evidence assumed true. However, from time to time I think there are those theory's that are close to the truth. That's why I still read this site.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Why don't you use sef urls?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I enjoyed this episode of ATS news, nice work Johnny. I really can't believe people in the past have claimed you aren't a very good host, I think you're great, and do a brilliant job.

I know this comment won't be well received, but I think Johnny Anonymous is more annoying than anything. His delivery of the information is not smooth and I don't find him even slightly humorous. Sorry, but I have to say it.
----
They've probably been here since the beginning. No need for all the drama over it.
I'd really like to see you do a better job pal, your whole post was negative...and you are in fact the annoying one...and there is no "drama" going on here...just discussion about something that needs to be discussed...and it's now a more important topic because of their suggested attack on conspiracy theorists...so stop painting everything in a negative way...

You might call me lazy, but when I come upon a message board which requires me to sign up I just go somewhere else.
I do the exact same thing...I don't have time to sign up to every new forum I come across in order to get the information I want...and also risk getting 10 billion emails from all these different websites I only signed up with to get one bit of info, and never visited again.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I think the most important thing that I can say here is that Obama would be correct in wanting to stop conspiracy theorists. First and foremost, this is not the most government friendly site in the world.

Second, I have no proof but I could only assume that most of the information talked about dose not have enough evidence assumed true.
That's why it's a conspiracy THEORY...your outlook on this is appalling...are you suggesting we just stop questioning anything...we just let them do whatever they want and don't investigate it? Of course it isn't Government friendly...they DON'T WANT US TO KNOW what really goes on in the shadows...and you are saying we should just let them crawl around in the shadows without trying to shine a spotlight on them? Get real sir...I for one will never stop questioning my Government...and they will never take away my right to question them...

It's the duty of a citizen to question his government - Fallout 3

EDIT: As they say...why worry about something if you've got nothing to hide...they are obviously worried...because they DO have something to hide...and they can't have a rise in global awareness and lose all their mindless robots now can they?

[edit on 21/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
IM ALL FOR IT!!!

FINALLY I AGREE WITH OBAMA

BECAUSE TO PUT AN END TO ALL CONSPIRACY THEORISTS,

HE'D HAVE TO COME OUT WITH THE TRUTH

ALL OF IT!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join