It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE "No PLace For Hate" zones.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

It should be more accurate, like "this is a no hate zone, unless you hate white folks, than it's ok" Then when someone comes up and calls out redneck or whitey or snowflake or cracker the cops can just say"it's ok folks, it was a white person being hated on, nothing to see here."

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

so why not say a "racism and bigot free zone"
(read the first line again)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Why not... :shk:

Grand Sheikh Mohammed Sayed Tantawi of the Al-Azhar mosque of Cairo

"I would rather live in America under Ashcroft and Bush at their worst, than in any “Islamic state” established by ignorant, intolerant and murderous punks like you and Mullah Omar at their best." A thought-provoking, controversial, pre-war article by Muqtedar Khan, Ph.D.

Free Muslims Coalition

Those should be enough to get you started while you're busy hating while preaching against the supposed hate that an entire religious group holds against you.

----

For living in the South and terrorist acts committed by others outside of Islam:

Army of God

Concerned Christians

Hindu Terrorism

KKK

Of course, the KKK doesn't exist in your southern United States, just the one that everyone else lives in.

As you can easily see, there is no religious line drawn to where hate can come from, and there is no way on earth you can expect anyone to believe that the only hate you have seen within this country is from Muslims.

*Edit - Fixed bad link.

[edit on 1/20/10 by niteboy82]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

First, I recognize my contradiction, I meant more along the lines of: they are simply saying if you think this, keep it to yourself.

The law protects speech because we have this little thing called freedom of speech...I have the legal right to say what I feel, people have the right to pre warn me that they won't put up with it, they won't hear from it, so I should keep it to myself.

Of course I recognize there our other courses of action besides legal...but if I get beat up for spouting racial slurs, the assailants will be prosecuted. I assume that's what you were getting at? If not I'm sorry.

And everything is in the eye of the beholder. That is why I am bowing out of this thread, I respect each of your opinions, but I have a different one, which seems to be the minority. Oh well. It was a great discussion.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Explanation: RE: "That seems like a pretty broad definition to me; "harassment, verbal abuse or insults" are a crime! C'mon people grow a thick skin. People are too quick to find offence from another's words.

What ever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me?" ".

Well I for one find ad hominens quite distasteful and they are definately against the T&C's here on ATS, but then again in the real world I find myself hating my enemies and have no problem slagging them off behind their backs, let alone to their faces!, and so the REAL solution to the issue is how can one VALIDATE ones xyz HATE?

Personal Disclosure: I feel if one can prove with evidence a valid reason for Hating an INDIVIDUAL [has to be on a case by case basis to be absolutely FAIR!] against an independant concensus agreed yardstick, then there should be no legal blowback at all for saying what was factually true!

I also feel that if some one makes false comments [ Defamation [wiki] ]about anothers reputation that they should make full restituion and pay full compensation to their victims!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I HATE "No PLace For Hate" zones.

I think it represents a noble ideal, but also a narrow view of opinions that may not mesh entirely with their own.

In fact, the word 'hate' is overused if not even abused today, applied not as a descriptive but a social/political battleaxe.

It would be a wonderful thing to eliminate hate... and maybe someday we will. But it will be because we have finally outgrown it as a species and not because someone tried to legislate its end.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

AC

What are you trying to prove? Your ability to misinterpret?
I read your argument, vague, etc..

Dig deeper.

Why not? It would not cover whatever else is in the local ordinance.
If you want to be safe, read it.

Otherwise, read my signature. You can't have it both ways.
When you cross a State line, you are not given a book of local ordinances, but you better not violate any.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I don't know. Being a white male in America hasn't really closed a lot of doors in my face. If someone wants to call me a cracker, more power to them. I'll cry all the way to the bank. As far as these signs go, treat them like any other. Ignore them. You know, like a stop sign.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i`m for total free speech even if its insane ranting and even more for free thought

@iamsupermanv2 its not free if you can`t say certain things.. i leave you you to mull that over and agree to to disagree.

good day

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

AC

What are you trying to prove? Your ability to misinterpret?
I read your argument, vague, etc..

Dig deeper.

Why not? It would not cover whatever else is in the local ordinance.
If you want to be safe, read it.

Otherwise, read my signature. You can't have it both ways.
When you cross a State line, you are not given a book of local ordinances, but you better not violate any.

Ziggy Strange
read all my posts and your anser wont make sense i deffined the problem with the sign and the differance between words and action so...What are you trying to prove?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Well you are a man, soooo you wouldn't have doors closed in your face no matter what color you were duh. And only men ignore stop signs. Anyway, if TPTB want us to pay for the sins of the father this is the way to do it, just saying.

link   

having issues with my computer double post...errrrrr

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ldyserenity]

link   

WTF????
I know a computer that's going through a window tonight lol

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Read all your posts AC, you're still just spouting platitudes.

In your fantasy your response to a Stop Sign is, Stop what????

Words do hurt, words can hurt you. A properly trained person can talk you to death.

When you approach a child and yell some epitaph, it hurts the kid. If it's my kid you have a problem, law or no law. If I see you doing it you have a problem.

Proceed with Caution?

Let's agree to disagree ok?

Talking in circles just draws attention, accomplishes nothing.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I don't know which one of your triple posts to respond to.

Better get that key fixed on your computer.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

this is a little off topic but i agree with what your saying totaly its like just being white means your the default bad guy for things you did not have a hand in and should put up with racism against yourself as penance...anyway back on topic
the sign is not telling me what to think "hate if ya want" is what i say denying emotions can give you mental disorders ya know

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Thanks for responding to my thread. If it hadn't been for you and a few guys disagreeing with me, this would have been one boring thread. You guys had me on the ropes there for a while at the beginning of the thread. (edit to add: debating with you on this thread is the most fun I've had in a while)

I understand where you're coming from. Having never been on the recieving end of racism myself, maybe I can be a little insensitive to things like this. If you feel the signs are a good thing and harmless, you are entitled to your opinion.

It's just that, from the 1st time I saw one of these signs, they have bothered me. It felt like they were telling me what I could and could not think, like they were reaching into my head trying to control my brain. I guess it felt like subtle brainwashing and I don't like that feeling.

The signs will never stop people from hating and some may rebell out of spite and do something unthinkable. I think they are useless at best and, at worst, they serve a sinister purpose for TPTB.

I HATE THOSE SIGNS!

edit to add little flamethrower guy.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

lol i never claimed anything i said was original i use many old sayings(thay are still used for a reason). i never mentioned a stop sign???, and don`t pick on kids(much
)not even about a sign i don`t like. the sign however will influence kids so it NEEDS to be clear what the meaning is, and its not

agreed i don`t agree with you

good day

[edit on 20/1/10 by Aceofclubs]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

It's just that, from the 1st time I saw one of these signs, they have bothered me. It felt like they were telling me what I could and could not think, like they were reaching into my head trying to control my brain. I guess it felt like subtle brainwashing and I don't like that feeling.

oh but thay are trying and eventually will "its inevitable"

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Explanation: I made this very poor artistic rendition of how the sign made me feel the 1st time I laid eyes on it in this thread...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56b5b542165f.jpg[/atsimg]

Personal Disclosure:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join