It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long can we keep this up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am by way of thinking that we are fully into the war for Oil at this point and time and that we have been extremely aggressive this past decade in regards to making sure we ensure the Oil supply for as long as possible. I believe the Mideast and our presence is largely about building a Pipeline from Saudi Arabia. I also believe Katrina and Haiti both are likely our Military's "Intent to control the weather" in practice.

I also think ....it's not like this is such a big secret from anyone... the tactics we definitely are and the worse ones we might be employing to gain foot holds where we wish...

IMHO, the only reason we aren't called out on these things is that it benefits other superpowers/we hold too many cards...

Like the Amount of money we own China and the fact that the mid east oil will be piped there and to India and it's sorely needed, the capacity of our military, and the fact that we supply 1/3 of the worlds food...

My question...

How Far is to Far?

How long can we keep this up before the rest of the world decides we have gone to far?

How much support do we actually have behind the scenes in regards to getting away with it?

Because I have a feeling one of these days we might just cross the line and see the global boycot happen if some of the stuff we are doing actually gets out...

(i don't buy into any invasion USA theories) don't think that will ever happen... too deadly...

But a part of me is wondering if one day the world might not just decide to pull the economic plug on us and just doesn't want to because of the things I mentioned above...things as simple as food supply...

But I wonder....

Where is that line in the sand?

What might need to come out for the world to say.... hey that's just quite enough of you and what your doing?

The real question?

Is the Juice worth the squeeze on what we are doing for Oil? Can we actually keep getting away with this? Or are we going to wake up one morning and be told we have been cut off?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

How long? Until it ceases to be profitable. War is big money. And since we have a mercenary army now, available to the highest bidder, it just got easier. Sad but true. As far as I'm concerned, old glory should be hanging over Baghdad and gas should be fifty cents a gallon. And I was/am against the war.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
well,

what you say is true for how long WE will keep this up...

So star... yeah I know this, so long as there is money...

But when will the rest of the world draw the line? what do we have to do before the world says.... HEY NOW!

join