It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two New Studies Cast Doubt on Resveratrol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Well, since Pfizer and Amgen are publishing the studies, I would assume Pfizer and Amgen funded it, probably with money they made after they convinced every over-indulged idiot that they have "restless leg sydrome" and need treatment.

It's kinda curious how some drugs seem to cause other syndromes, that need to be treated by another pill, isn't it? You'd almost think they planned it that way...............Nah, what am I thinking!

Ahh, what are you thinking...that is the question!....you are being a critical thinking individual...Now stop that! or the Robot police will come and send you off to the naughty place.

[edit on 1/20/2010 by CaptGizmo]

*shrug* No one can force you to take a prescription a physician offers you. If you think prescriptions drugs are the problem, despite the lengthening lifespan since their introduction, feel free to not take them.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I just noticed something kind of interesting about the link I provided in the opening post. It seems clear how the singularity hub site feels about this issue as this article was posted right next to two big advertisements for Resveratrol.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
PFIZER and AMGEN. Well, there are some names you can TRUST, huh? lol!

Fact of the matter is, on that 60 MINUTES program they reported outright that you would need to drink dang near 100 bottles of WINE to get its Benefits.

Yet, that doesnt negate the Benefits of Resveratrol. The problem arises when you ISOLATE it out of the Fruit. Then, it becomes this FRACTIONATED Drug! And loses its connection to other naturally occuring PHYTONUTRIENTS in the Grape. And this is the problem with DRUG COMPANIES in general, they always want to take a piece of the Fruit or Vegetable or Herb and use it for PROFIT. Never the WHOLE Food itself.

And this doesnt work. They Isolate the most "active" nutrient in a food...and while that sounds good--it most likely will have DETRIMENTAL effects on the Human Biochemistry.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

I personally don't see resveratrol, in it's current form, as a very effective or worthwhile treatment.

I couldn't agree more, though I don't see the harm in supplementing (other than possibly financial). It's not that I think Resveratrol isn't benneficial, it's just that there are other influences that have greater effects on aging, or senescence.

Thanks for the input, Dev. You always seem to offer cogent thoughts on the issues.

Right back at ya, buddy.

-Dev

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join