It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Most Republicans don’t want Palin to run in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

new CBS poll released late Monday asserts that a whopping 71 percent of Americans don't want former Alaska Gov. and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) running mate Sarah Palin to run for president in 2012.

What's more, of the 71 percent, 58 percent were self-identified Republicans. Among Democrats, 88 percent of those polled didn't want Palin to run; among independents, the figure was 65 percent.

The poll was taken Jan. 14- Jan. 17 and questioned 1,090 Americans at random by telephone.

Only conservatives held a "net-positive" view of Palin. Adds CBS:

The poll also finds that more people view Palin negatively than positively and that her book tour did not improve overall views of her. However, she is a little better-known now than she was last fall, and both favorable and unfavorable ratings of her have increased slightly.
Story continues below...

Now, 26 percent of people view Palin favorably, compared with 23 percent in November and July of last year. Forty-one percent now view her unfavorably, compared with 38 percent in November and 37 percent in July (both in CBS News polls). Nineteen percent of people in the current poll are undecided about Palin.

Forty-three percent of Republicans have a favorable opinion of her. Independents are divided, with 30 percent holding favorable views and 35 percent unfavorable.

Palin is currently stumping for her new memoir, Going Rogue, as part of a national book tour. She resigned as Alaska governor in 2009 amid a raft of ethics charges, which she asserted were unfounded.

I personally want exGov. Palin to run. It's just not fair to deny her devotees that think she is hot, not to have her in the media limelight. you betcha!!

I do believe that with the proper running mate Palin/??? could be a force. Slight but still a force.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I think the numbers are a little high in this poll, but I don't think anybody ( except certain posters on this board ), are very hot on Palin.
With her new job on Fox, I think she will carry too much baggae by the next election. I doubt if she cares, she will be very wealthy by 2012, I think that's what she wants.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It’s a CBS poll, Aren’t they a left leaning news group? It would be more expectable if it came from Fox saying what you stated. Either way she quit as the Governor of Alaska, so who’s to say she won’t quit as President?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Completely agree with this post.

Also, it's my opinion she lost her chance when she agreed to be a Fox contributor (and yes, I would still think this if it was another "news" station, but she sealed the deal when she agreed to "contribute" commentary on fluff) rather than continue as Gov.

I won't shed a tear for her.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
exactly HOW do you quit as POTUS?

people wanted change with obama, palin is real change.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I don't want her to run, either, but my opinion has nothing to do with her being a Fox contributor. So she contributes to Fox - so what? Obama panders to the rest of the MSM. It's evident when he chose to exclude Fox from interviews and even "went to war" with Fox.

I don't want Palin to run because I think she would be the Independent version of Ralph Nader. She would take away enough of the vote from the other independent candidate like Ron Paul who might have a real chance at winning.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

To clarify, if she had intended to run for Pres, my opinion is that she should have kept her job as Gov. until end of term, however... quitting that job could have still been spun such that it appeared she did so with a good reason (to do what needed to be done to focus on Pres. election) but, taking a job as a media talking head killed that potential spin. It is not the focus of someone who wants to win an election, which I have always doubted she wanted to do anyway. Moot point now. She did what she did.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Uh, you resign as President.
Palin as real change? How? She's a neocon through and through.
She's also flipped many times on various subjects, where's the change?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Get read people because it seems McCain and Palin are going to be back for the next elections.

While I find McCain a better candidate, he is too old right now to be president.

And for Palin, please I will never ever support her, can somebody get Evita Peron out of the picture, the women is nothing but a package been manufactured by big interest, when I mean big interest please she is leaking oil interest from all her orifices.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Apparently God has decided some elections.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And reguardless of what the GOP wants, the results have been preordained in Heavan according to some.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well you know the Republicans they took fundamentalist for suckers during Bush and they think that they will be able to do that again for next elections.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I personally want exGov. Palin to run. It's just not fair to deny her devotees that think she is hot, not to have her in the media limelight. you betcha!!

I do believe that with the proper running mate Palin/??? could be a force. Slight but still a force.

You know with the right running mate (Laura Ingraham, maybe Ann Coulter) they would be a force to reckon with

But I think she should run, I mean after all, if she won, we would only have to deal with her for about a year or two before she quit for a book tour.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
There is nothing original or change-bringing about Sarah Palin. At all.

I keep hearing that she is a breath of fresh air, but I suppose if you pay attention to the paper factory of American Politics, a midden heap would be fresh.

I'm not sure I could stand her annoying mouth for a true Presidential campaign, let alone for 4 years.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This may make me rethink the whole 'dumbing down of America' thing... Apparently, there is still hope for us yet! Only time will tell, but my bet's still on Armageddon....

top topics

join