It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens: Not Real or Idiots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It can be admitted by most believers of alien abduction stories, that aliens have superior technology. Abduction stories abound with reports of humans being transported through walls or out windows by “beams” of light (or some other impressive means of transportation). There are also reports of alien vehicles, which range from huge luminous “mother ships” to small black craft.

Yet it does not end there. Upon being abducted the victims report having surgical marks, bruises, scratches and sometimes actual “devices” in or on their person. It seems that once the aliens leave the area, they leave marks on the ground, in trees or on ice. The craft can also leave chemical evidence behind to indicate that there was something odd happening the night before.

I do not dispute the idea that any race of creatures that control such technologies as mentioned above, have a far superior technological advantage than we. What I dispute is that they are intelligent at all.

In my opinion aliens are either not real or absolutely incompetent. Let me explain. The easiest thing to do when faced with a group of unknown creatures that you want to understand, is to compare it to your own. For instance we would say (in general) that ants are not intelligent creatures, we say this because we are far superior to them in intellect. So for the rest of this thread, let’s compare the aliens to us and we will use examples of our own capabilities to determine how we would act in certain circumstances. For instance; we would say “while large species of Ants in South America can cut wood by chewing branches loose, Humans cut wood through a variety of different means from chainsaws to lasers”.

Ok, so the most important thing to ask ourselves is the question “why”?

The Problem with Being Covert

It has always been assumed that Aliens have been Abducting people COVERTLY throughout the decades, the problem is….they have absolutely failed in their attempts to remain a secret. I can apparently go to Amazon.com and find thousands of pieces of literature on past abductions, what they looked like, what their ships looked like, what they said, what they smelled like and so on.
So let’s compare this to Humans (special ops branches of the military to be specific). How would a human (SpecOps) secretly abduct another person and remain unknown? I will only give two steps that immediately demonstrate as to why our alien superiors are incompetent.

Step 1: Don’t look like an Alien: It seems funny but I consider it a valid point, I mean after tens of thousands of abductions they have to know we might not be easy to work with if we are scared of their appearance. The Navy Seals for example do not go on operations wearing monster masks…. They try to remain unseen, and if they are they may just wear black masks to blend in with the night.

Step 2: Do not approach the target in a vehicle that is large, illuminated and the most noticeable object in the area: This is really more of a common sense thing; I mean….is there really no way to turn off the lights? If a SpecOps troop wants to drive a car at night and not be seen he turns off the lights and turns on night vision….do aliens not have night vision? Do they not notice that spaceships with lights as bright as the sun tend to draw attention toward them?

The Problem with Conflicting Technology

Many reports of abductions have vast amounts of conflicting technologies. As an example, the normal believer would not think twice about a story that involved abductees being levitated through a wall, taken into a spaceship, being operated on and having a drill go into their arm, being calmed during the process by telepathy and finally being returned to their home (or wherever their original position was).
The problem that I have with this story is…”why use a drill”? Even Humans have better ways to operate without using a drill. Do the aliens? I mean, why fly around with technology that surpasses ours by maybe thousa

Edited 'All Caps' in title

[edit on 20/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
….then use a tool that even we are outgrowing? People sometimes compare the Alien/Human relationship to a child/ burning ants’ metaphor. The problem with that is; the child uses a magnifying glass to burn ants…..he doesn’t rub his antennae together to create heat….why…because he has superior technology and intellect.
To go along with this idea:
1: why even let us be conscious at all? Do the aliens not have anesthesia? Who are these incompetent flying doctors?!?!
2: Why remove peaces to study human anatomy? Even humans have discovered the X-ray is far easier. Do the Aliens know about the EM spectrum?
3: Why remove quarts of human blood? It only takes a little bit of human blood to check things out on the genetic level.

I could stretch the list on and on. I hope I conveyed my point well enough though , and I hope to hear from you all..Perhaps I am missing something.

Also, I want to say that I am IN NO WAY TRYING TO INSULT VICTIMS OF ABDUCTION PHENOMENA, I DO believe you are experiencing a horrible thing and I am sorry for that.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by hyperion.martin]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Perhaps they just don't care or pay attention to the thoughts of a less developed species. Again, why should they?

If I captured a mouse, studied it, and then put it back, what would happen?Sure other mice would notice, but what could they really do about it?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zetamafia911

That is the most common response "maybe they don't care" but it has little do do with the fact that they use conflicting methods, and in some instances act as if they DO CARE!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hyperion.martin

I'm not claiming to know anything about any alien species' intentions but perhaps there are multiple races with multiple intentions and goals.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Just hypothesizing here, but maybe we are dealing with multiple groups here, some less sophisticated than others, some using different methods, some more or less caring about their exposure... just a thought.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

i dont htink they have drills maybe the incompetant person explaining a drill didnt have the intelligence for the right analogy of what was actually used and all they could compare it to was a drill and i would say they know there not so secret anymore so therefore why go out of there way to stay a secret hardly anyone pays attention to the sky anymore and i'm saying that as a whole i look up there and some other people but as a whole we dont look up there much anymore there probably doing more with the blood then just looking through a microscope heres another question why take womens ovas or mens semen why make hybrids they do try to be secretive they come in your bedroom through teleportation they dont open windows or doors which would wake you up..you dont even knw there there unless you been expecting them! they communicate through telepathy and with telepathy supposively can calm a patient during an abduction why put them to sleep when odds are there not going to remember it anyway or anyone believe them most people think them people are crazy anyway...make sense?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Star & Flag for this thread. Very interesting imo.

First, I feel there are a lot of variables that come into play on this topic. As Metalholic said,

i dont htink they have drills maybe the incompetant person explaining a drill didnt have the intelligence for the right analogy of what was actually used...

Using the original analogy of Ants VS. Humans, we'll play on that a bit. When we are torturing ants as children, we don't care what method we use. What are they possibly going to do to us? Do you suppose they run back to their nest screaming, "The God's are opening the window to the sun, and are destroying our soldiers!!!" Even though to us, it's just a magnifying glass.

The point is, I'm sure they don't care what we think. For the most part. And secondly, being that advanced, I'm sure we don't really know what to call the tools they're using.

From what I have read regarding their tools. People always say, "a drill like tool..." or so forth.

Also, if you study the Annunaki/Nephilim theories, our blood has certain value when fear comes into play. Stories abound that they like to scare the living $%#@ out of the people they intend on killing, as the blood has adrenaline in it. Just food for thought. (no pun intended)

(Edit to add this quote I found on The Anunnaki...)

In respect to blood drinking, Icke is very clear: The Anunnaki drink blood, which they need in order to exist in this dimension and hold a human form (p.288). Embedded in this need lies another parallel between the Anunnaki and the figure of the vampire — the power to shape-shift (from reptilian to human form for the Anunnaki, and usually from vampire form to that of bat or even mist for the traditional vampire). But the Anunnaki also feed off fear, aggression and other negative emotions. Thus, while blood is needed as a vital life force, the Anunnaki are also addicted to "adrenalchrome," a hormone released in the human body during periods of extreme terror.

Also, I do realize the mention of Icke. I know how some of you feel about him. I only use this quote as it is relevant to what I mentioned in my post.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

My view is this: either abductions are pure fantasy (many things point to this) or they actually happen but aliens/ETs have nothing to do with it.

Your post is an excellent (and funny) contribution to ATS, star and flag from me.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

By even trying to use primitive human logic, technology and physics to try and understand entities that perhaps command time and space is silly. Humans are ill equipped to deal with reality on the cosmic level.

Human concepts are just that...Human... and belong with the ants and other beasts.

Self awareness means less than nothing when dealing with entities that humans are incapable of even imagining.

Just talking monkeys practicing verbal masturbation, thinking it actually means something.

Oh, they're real and they're not idiots.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

notice that the vast majority of abductions come at night and ufo's are majorily seen at night they do try to stay more secretive given they are not so secret anymore maybe because there still disclosed from us with the government they try to not be so obvious!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It is difficult enough to determine the motivations of humans. There is absolutely no reason to believe that you could meaningfully speculate about the motivations of an alien spieces. Human's Theory of Minds(en.wikipedia.org...) is highly anthropocentric and based largly on our language. We explain - or can/think we can explain - all behavior in terms of beliefs and desires(expressed linguistically - the fact that this is an ad hoc explanation becomes clear when we apply it to animals, it works, but obviously they are not actually holding beliefs or desires in their minds in a linguistic form . . . it is impossible for us to known what they are "actually" thinking). This works very well for other humans and many intelligent animals, but there is no reason to think we are equipped to figure out what the aliens are about.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by OnceReturned]

[edit on 19-1-2010 by OnceReturned]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

It has always been assumed that Aliens have been Abducting people COVERTLY

There are other explanations for the status quo. For example: remaining unknown is not terribly important, but rather their relative obscurity is simply a result of their nature. For example...they're not native to this space, extradimensional, exist outside our normal visual range, etc. and only visit this space when it suits them.

reports of abductions have vast amounts of conflicting technologies.
The problem that I have with this story is…”why use a drill”?

Many possible explanations:

1) Witnesses don't understand what they're seeing and are attempting to relate as best as they're able.
2) Multiple types of events are going on. For example, the "drill" people you see are actually military abductions or psy-ops, whereas the "real" aliens don't use drills.
3) These events might not be physical events.
4) The stories the witnesses are relating may be screen memories to mask what really happened.

1: why even let us be conscious at all? Do the aliens not have anesthesia? Who are these incompetent flying doctors?!?!

We don't anesthetize whales when we tag them. Why should they?

2: Why remove peaces to study human anatomy?

Perhaps that is not their motivation? Perhaps they're removing food elements while keeping their herd alive, much like we might take eggs from a chicken without killing them.

3: Why remove quarts of human blood?

It tastes good.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think valid theories to explain the OP's misgivings have been given in the replies thus far, with the exception of the taking of blood. It seems to me that the original post answers this question implicitly, in the context of human medical practices. X-Rays, and other medical imaging techniques (MRI, etc.) are used in medicine, but we still take blood because there are things you can't learn through medical imaging alone. We still do blood work because it yields information not available through imaging, and perhaps EBE's do the same. Additionally, they may wish to have biological samples on-hand for follow-up study, comparative or otherwise. Then again, maybe it just tastes good, and Icke is right about everything...
I neither fully believe, nor fully disbelieve in the Alien Abduction phenomenon, but do not reject the work of John Mack, or other luminaries in this field of study.
Regarding UFO sightings happening mostly at night: FWIW the only UFO experience I have had myself was in broad daylight, with several close friends and family standing right there with me.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
One problem, is that you are basing a lot of these assumptions on the accounts of abductees, when their credibility varies wildly with the person telling the tale.

Myself, although I can agree we are being visited, and there have been some abductions (based on rather good evidence for it), in most abduction cases, there is little substantial to go on, and a lot of other "terrestrial" explanations for these episodes...(in general).

We are still not full in our understanding of the mind, perhaps even for all of their tech, they are not either...which is why sometimes the wipe would work, other times it would fail...

No, the real stupidity factor is why abduct us at all...haven't you gotten the required info after over 50 years or more?

To assert their stupidity though, you'd have to know their motivation. While you say they aren't a secret...they are even better... They've established a ridicule factor, that can be used even in a blatant case of revelation...

In addition, what if their goal is simply to quarantine us from the rest of the galaxy? They may well be succeeding in their goals, for all we know...for until we know what those goals are....we're still in the dark...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Let's say aliens /ETs needed to do a biological study of humans for some reason. For them to even get here in the first place they must be very technologically advanced. Unless they're total hacks they must have mastered (and perfected) DNA technology. If they wanted to do a biological study of humans all they need is a blood sample. There's no need to abduct someone for a simple blood sample. They could then recreate whatever they wanted to study in a lab setting.

It seems the technological part of abduction stories mirror our own technological advancements. Like crop circles abduction stories have become more and more advanced through the years. The fact that a majority of abductions take place in North America (where the first stories originated) also points to abductions being made up.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hyperion.martin
It can be admitted by most believers of alien abduction stories, that aliens have superior technology. Abduction stories abound with reports of humans being transported through walls or out windows by “beams” of light (or some other impressive means of transportation). There are also reports of alien vehicles, which range from huge luminous “mother ships” to small black craft.

Yet it does not end there. Upon being abducted the victims report having surgical marks, bruises, scratches and sometimes actual “devices” in or on their person. It seems that once the aliens leave the area, they leave marks on the ground, in trees or on ice. The craft can also leave chemical evidence behind to indicate that there was something odd happening the night before.

I do not dispute the idea that any race of creatures that control such technologies as mentioned above, have a far superior technological advantage than we. What I dispute is that they are intelligent at all.

In my opinion aliens are either not real or absolutely incompetent. Let me explain. The easiest thing to do when faced with a group of unknown creatures that you want to understand, is to compare it to your own. For instance we would say (in general) that ants are not intelligent creatures, we say this because we are far superior to them in intellect. So for the rest of this thread, let’s compare the aliens to us and we will use examples of our own capabilities to determine how we would act in certain circumstances. For instance; we would say “while large species of Ants in South America can cut wood by chewing branches loose, Humans cut wood through a variety of different means from chainsaws to lasers”.

Ok, so the most important thing to ask ourselves is the question “why”?

The Problem with Being Covert

It has always been assumed that Aliens have been Abducting people COVERTLY throughout the decades, the problem is….they have absolutely failed in their attempts to remain a secret. I can apparently go to Amazon.com and find thousands of pieces of literature on past abductions, what they looked like, what their ships looked like, what they said, what they smelled like and so on.
So let’s compare this to Humans (special ops branches of the military to be specific). How would a human (SpecOps) secretly abduct another person and remain unknown? I will only give two steps that immediately demonstrate as to why our alien superiors are incompetent.

Step 1: Don’t look like an Alien: It seems funny but I consider it a valid point, I mean after tens of thousands of abductions they have to know we might not be easy to work with if we are scared of their appearance. The Navy Seals for example do not go on operations wearing monster masks…. They try to remain unseen, and if they are they may just wear black masks to blend in with the night.

Step 2: Do not approach the target in a vehicle that is large, illuminated and the most noticeable object in the area: This is really more of a common sense thing; I mean….is there really no way to turn off the lights? If a SpecOps troop wants to drive a car at night and not be seen he turns off the lights and turns on night vision….do aliens not have night vision? Do they not notice that spaceships with lights as bright as the sun tend to draw attention toward them?

The Problem with Conflicting Technology

Many reports of abductions have vast amounts of conflicting technologies. As an example, the normal believer would not think twice about a story that involved abductees being levitated through a wall, taken into a spaceship, being operated on and having a drill go into their arm, being calmed during the process by telepathy and finally being returned to their home (or wherever their original position was).
The problem that I have with this story is…”why use a drill”? Even Humans have better ways to operate without using a drill. Do the aliens? I mean, why fly around with technology that surpasses ours by maybe thousa

I like your post. I don't think aliens are better then us because I base what I say on human history. Many times in our collective past one or more culture have often been over wealmed

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zetamafia911
Perhaps they just don't care or pay attention to the thoughts of a less developed species. Again, why should they?

If I captured a mouse, studied it, and then put it back, what would happen?Sure other mice would notice, but what could they really do about it?

The implication there is that aliens see us as no more sophisticated then mice. If aliens really are abducting us for what ever reasons, whether it be a verity of aliens or one group, they would and should recognise that at the level of technological capabilities that we have reached - we would react to their activities.

And yet noticeably abductions continue as if we weren't the wiser. As if we didn't recall the experience and notify the authorities of the inner-planetary invasion. And that's the crux of it all. It would seem that if aliens really are abducting us, they know that no one's going to take such claims seriously. As if they have an in depth understanding of our society that they can get away with these activities without any retaliation.

I guess to a degree it is possible. But then you have to look at the absurdity of it all. That all the stories of the alien greys contacting the American government and the wars between alien races such as the nordics and the reptilians etc are real.

Of course you may not believe in the nordic and reptilian aliens as you may believe in the greys but i must strongly contest that they are just as plausible, as they go hand in hand in these conspiracy stories. You can not have one without the other.

It would be foolish to expect anyone to acknowledge the alien saga as a reality. That's just arrogant to believe aliens are having are war over us. That we're so special. That they're contacting the public other then the government, because they wouldn't listen and now we're all that's left. - like they chose me as an ambassador. I'm so special.

It's pure ego. But of course there's though's that would bring forth cases of abductions that cause suffering and mental harm to the recipients of the abductions. What i'm trying to say, is that all these claims of abductions are absurd. A fairy tale at best. To deny this would be to accept an irrational sense of reality, where aliens abduct us and perform on experiments on us.

I for one can not accept that aliens possessing the ability to travel to other planets would want to cause a race of creatures that are self aware, harm. I would expect their morals to be higher then what is reflect on, in abductions.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
More on the topic of absurdity. Abductees often claim that these 'beings' seem interested in our reproductive organs. Like it's some big mystery to them
I mean we know how the male/female junk works. It's truly absurd.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Abductees often claim that these 'beings' seem interested in our reproductive organs.

absurdity.

Yet more absurdity: some cows claim that strange two-legged beings show up at early hours of the morning and fondle their udders. Clearly these cows are simply delusional attention seekers.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by LordBucket]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join