It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone erruption prophesied in the Quran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The Quran isn't as much of a book of prophesies as the Book of Revelations, but it does have a few notable prophesies which are said to occur before al Qiyamah (Judgment Day AKA the Rapture). Many of these prophesies have already come to pass.

In my opinion, only 2 major Islamic prophecies remain: The return of Jesus, and smoke engulfing the entire world. In my opinion this smoke engulfing the world could only be caused by 3 things: Yellowstone erupting, a massive nuclear explosion, or an asteroid impact. It's notable that verses claim that the smoke will be removed for a while after the world is engulfed. I think the eruption of Yellowstone is most likely to cause this. Here's the verses:

[44:8] There is no other god beside Him. He controls life and death; your Lord and the Lord of your ancestors.

[44:9] Indeed, they are doubtful, heedless.

[44:10] Therefore, watch for the day when the sky brings a profound smoke.

[44:11] It will envelope the people; this is a painful retribution.

[44:12] "Our Lord, relieve this retribution for us; we are believers."

[44:13] Now that it is too late, they remember! An enlightening messenger had come to them.

[44:14] But they turned away from him, saying, "Well educated, but crazy!"

[44:15] We will relieve the retribution for awhile; you will soon revert.

[44:16] The day we strike the big stroke, we will avenge.

[44:17] We have tested before them the people of Pharaoh; an honorable messenger went to them (Moses).

[44:18] Proclaiming: "Listen to me, servants of GOD. I am an honest messenger to you."

Other Quranic prophecies were correct with startling coincidences. In verse 54:1, it states:

[54:1] The Hour has come closer, and the moon has split.

What's strange however is that this prophecy occurred in 1969, when rocks were taken from the moon by the Apollo astronauts. Muslims use a "lunar calandar", and that occured in lunar year 1389. What is so startling is that there are exactly 1389 verses from 54:1 to the end of the Quran.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Perhaps...I guess you could say Yellowstone is not a matter of IF but WHEN.

But, there could be other causes of the "profound smoke", like worldwide conventional war, earthquakes causing fires to erupt in cities, nuclear power plant meltdowns (invisible profound smoke)....

join