It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family films UFO in Antwerp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I read a more detailed version of this article in the regional edition of a national newspaper today.
You won't understand since it's in Dutch, but I'll explain:

While driving home a family (mother, father, two kids) apparently noticed a strange light in the sky. They describe a "red, green and white flashing object hovering, tumbling, going from left to right, up and down, land and take of...", so they claim. They considered approaching it while stationary - although they didn't after all.
They watched it for about twenty minutes and made a poor video with a mobile phone.
'Urania Public Observatory' didn't receive any calls that night so they "believe the family is making this up". The family states they don't really believe in ufos either, but they 'wonder whatever it was they've seen.

The ufo-subject isn't my favourite, but this one got my interest since I live only 5km from the alleged spot. Besides, the last time I saw our msm bringing ufo-topics under attention was in the early nineties, when we had our famous 'belgian wave'.

The video is poor: too dark and bad quality, but the people do sound sincere in describing what they see (although I'm not sure because they're from Holland - slightly different speech).
Anyway, it's all yours to judge. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Belgium seems to have always been a hot spot for UFO activity. I can't really discern much from the video. So I don't really know if it's a UFO or not. UFO videos are never the best quality which is a shame.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

I like to mute the audio when watching UFO videos, makes it more objective imho. It could be a firefly...or anything

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
When you go to the original link on youtube the title of the video is called: 'ufo landing langs ring antwerpen'. If a UFO would land THERE even in the middle of the night there would be more reports about this. The ring around Antwerp is such a busy road even at night, there's no way that only THIS particular family would be the only ones who've seen this. You can actually HEAR the busy traffic in the background. And when you listen to the family on the video they are talking about the colours on the UFO: 'look, the light is turning red...Now the light is blinking... Now it's truned off' That doesn't seem like an appropriate reaction to me. I'm also from belgium, and to me those people sound far to relaxed, they kind of sound like 'acted surprised'.
I don't know, and maybe this is real, but I would like to think that if a ufo would be flying over the ring around Antwerp more people would notice it.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NightWish

I agree with you, I've driven many times along the ring of Antwerp, a real horror, there are traffic jams even in the middle of the night sometimes. So there have to be more witnesses indeed.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Something about the lens flares and artifacts on that video yell out to me.

(unrelated) That dialect makes me feel physically sick, They sound like they're hocking up flem

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Why do these videos never have an end?

Like if I am filming my son cycling over a ramp I film right up until he turns round and I say "Good job!".... why do 'UFO' video always seem to end prematurely... I want to see it fly off and vanish!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
TRANSLATION:

(object was first in flight)

x: what is that?

x: now it stands there on the ground (landed)

x: what could it be?

y: its white green and blue

x: I can see it very hard, what is that?

y: is it zoomed in?

x: yes it is zoomed

x: what could it be

y: I don't know

y: I saw it the whole time

y: its now a red light

y: oh, its flashing its lights

y: and now its starting, just you see

x: I don't see anything anymore

y: no its totally dark now

To me it seems as if this where just a bunch of very normal people, I can hear this from the way they react to it all. So in my opinion this isn't a hoax but maybe it was something explaineble.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by NightWish

I agree with you, I've driven many times along the ring of Antwerp, a real horror, there are traffic jams even in the middle of the night sometimes. So there have to be more witnesses indeed.

Not at all, when I'm driving on the highway I never look at the side of the highway, I think this was an astute observation and maybe other people saw it too but didn't think much of it.

laters :p

Ram

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

You could perhaps dimm down the brightness of the monitor to get it all in..

I can't keep up with all the ufo-sigthings these days...

A few years back it was like - 1 or 2 video's a year....
Else we just examinated Bill meiers stuff - some fake some not...

Today - there is a few new videos each week...

One thing for sure - They master the "creation of light"

could somone make a thread about the bright lights - Machines that emit sunlight...It's so weird...

Lights so bright as thunder strikes...
Im really stunned and don't know what to write anymore....

2 worlds connecting...Weird weird weird....

We need clarity. a clear view of what it is.. what they are doing..
What they are looking for.... Why they are not hidden...
I mean large swarms of lights...It's so weird...

If we need to defend against somthing and be prepared for somthing we need to know what it is...

I dunno anymore.. but im happy

cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ram

Very interesting you say that (about the increased number of videos). I wonder if this is the result of people owning more cameras, or the real number of UFOS is increased?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

I think it has more to do with the accessibility of technology nowadays.
If you wanted to create a hoax in the past you had to have a camera (not alot of people could afford one back in the days), you had to have a computer and you had to buy or obtain a photoshopprogram of some sort to manipulate your photo (in the past photoshopprograms used to be expensive and complicated to use).
Nowadays everyone in the US, Europe and Asia owns a camera and a computer. Photoshopprograms can easily be downloaded and sometimes you even get a free demo. Lots of kids and even adults have way to much time on their hands... So there you go.
Take a look at this website, and then decide for yourself how difficult it has become to judge if a picture is 100% authentic or photoshopped.

www.worth1000.com...

In the past (like 10 years ago) when I saw a video/picture of a UFO or ghost I used to think: 'wow, pretty cool and convincing.' Now I catch myself thinking: this could easily be photoshopped or staged.

top topics

join