It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI's website has 1600 pages of UFO info & docs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Apparently the FBI has started to post UFO docs and information on their website. I searcghed ATS and didn't see where this had been posted previously, if it is then Mods can remove.

I think is a good step. In what direction I don;t know yet but nevertheless its good to see it there.

Special Agent doc to FBI Director i.e. Eliptical UFO

FBI UFO page

The FBI Unusual Phenomena page here

spelling/add link

[edit on 19-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.. Although I'm gonna bet each and every one of those 1600 pages has been "sterilized", or atleast checked to make sure it wasn't harboring any real information.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Some are redacted but you can read them well enough to get the scope of what is in them.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Good step forward if it's new. Disclosure 2010 perhaps after all ?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i'm not so sure this is necessarily a good thing. nice for us to read, yes. but i don't think the majority of people worldwide can handle real information about other life. we're still killing people for having darker skin or other thoughts about what happens when we die. i can only imagine what would happen if rednecks found out aliens were real.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stopthespam

Well, maybe the rednecks would find themselves in short supply if they started doing that to Aliens?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Can anyone actually read the UFO PDFs? I can only make out a few words here and there, this is by far the worst photo copies I've seen.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Nice find mikelee , I will have to find the time to trawl through it, though I doubt there will be anything new or enlightening in there its got to be worth a look .

post by stopthespam
but i don't think the majority of people worldwide can handle real information about other life.

I disagree , most opinion polls show people are ready for the truth and accept the existence of extra terrestrials .
Source

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
truth and lies taste the same, you won't feel any difference

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I can't open 'em. I'm on Firefox though, maybe if i try explorer...

Originally posted by gortex
I disagree , most opinion polls show people are ready for the truth and accept the existence of extra terrestrials .
Source

For people to think that they can handle something is alot different that knowing it, especially seeing it

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Interesting. Only thing wrong with this that I see is that now there's going to be a thousand new topics a day about how 2010 is the year of disclosure just like there were in 2009. But it's nice to know that since they actually bothered to post those files up, atleast the FBI is actually thinking about the ufo phenemenom for whatever reason. I just wish they'd come out and say everything they know already. I know they know more then they let on. And if people aren't ready for the announcement, well too bad. We're in 2010, we're not in the 1900's anymore. It should be pretty clear to everyone by now that we are not alone in the universe.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Has someone read them all yet?
Which ones are the best?
I think the FBI has a special Xerox machine called "old nellie"
that is sitting in a closet somewhere that spits out the worst
quality copies possible.

- FOIA Xerox machine -
FOIA request? Use that one over there.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I know guys/gals nothing is going be "divulged" in any spectacular revelation in them but, at least they are now on a major agency's website in an official-ish manner. I think that's a start at least in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Those of you linking the release of these documents to disclosure in 2010 should you should know that these documents weren't just now released—so it's not part of some disclosure plan for 2010.

If I'm not mistaken I believe the FBI, along with other agencies, released these documents after a lawsuit in the late 80s or 90s.

As you can see from the Internet Archive Wayback Machine page, this FBI index page with the documents has been up since at least August 10 2004.

edit: corrected links

[edit on 20-1-2010 by converge]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge
If I'm not mistaken I believe the FBI, along with other agencies, released these documents after a lawsuit in the late 80s or 90s.

Hi Converge,

The gist of your point (i.e. that these documents have not been released in recent days/weeks/months) is perfectly correct, but the FBI in fact released its UFO documents in the 1970s - prior to the FOIA lawsuits involving other agencies.

(Like you, I pointed this out in another relatively recent thread in which some people pointed to the FBI website as indicating that America was following France and Britain by releasing documents. For ease of reference, I'll repeat some points below).

Surprising as it may be to many Americans, the US was actually in the lead in releasing UFO documents.

A considerable quantity of documents were released by various U.S. government agencies in the 1970s/1980s.

The FBI documents have been on its website for several years, and were in fact released to the public in the 1970s.

Those FBI documents were briefly discussed in Stanton Friedman's 1979 documentary "UFOs ARE Real!". Several of the documents were published by George Fawcett and Barry Greenwood in their book “Clear Intent” in 1984.

The FBI documents have been discussed in numerous UFO books since the 1970s.

Particularly noteworthy are the following two books which focus on these documents, the latter of which can be bought easily and quite cheaply second hand - both are very interesting:
(1) Bruce Maccabee's book “UFO FBI Connection” (2000).
(2) Nick Redfern's book “The FBI Files” (1998).

The documents remain very interesting to read.

My favourite sequence of documents within the FBI files relates to the memo dated 24 September 1947 from FBI Assistant Director D M Ladd to FBI Director J Edgar Hoover summarises, and attaches, a memo dated 23 September 1947 from Colonel R H Smith (Assistant Chief of Staff Intelligence) revealing that the FBI had been asked to assist the Air Force in UFO investigations “to relieve the numbered Air Forces of the task of tracking down all the many instances which turned out to be ash can covers, toilet seats and whatnot”.

Mr Ladd recommended that the FBI “protest vigorously” and that the FBI discontinue all activity in this field.

Complete images of the relevant memo are available online at pages 20-21 (of 77) in Part 4 (of 16 parts) of the UFO material on the FBI’s FOIA website at the link below:
foia.fbi.gov...

On 27 September 1947, FBI Director J Edgar Hoover wrote to Major General McDonald informing him that the FBI would be discontinuing all investigative activity regarding the reported sightings of flying discs, mentioning the “ash can covers, toilet seats and whatnot” comment in the memo from Colonel R H Smith (Assistant Chief of Staff Intelligence) dated 1947.0903.

Complete image of relevant memo available online at page 19 (of 77 pages) in Part 4 (of 16 parts) of the UFO material on the FBI’s FOIA website at the link below:
foia.fbi.gov...

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

Well you posted in January of this year and here we are on Dec 29 with only 1 day and 6 hrs left to 2010 and so far no disclosure. I've been scanning the web for the last week looking for anything I could find. I discovered a lot of information on a Galactic Federation of Light but I think these folks are playing on peoples feelings with stories of salvation. I've read on Dr Boylans site but that seems terribly one sided and I'd like a broader prospective. Bottom line is I'll believe it when I see it. (and if thats the case I will never see it because I have to believe in order to see it LOL)
edit on 29-12-2010 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2010 by karen61057 because: first edit to correct the date. All day I've been thinking its the 28th. second edit to add reason for edit!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Wouldnt it be funny if after spending so much time trying to get people to accept/ believe in ET it turned out that we are alone after all???

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yes they do and they have to use that old paper that came on rolls to load the thing. You know the old thermal bond paper that reacted to heat so that if you stored the copy anywhere other than a freezer it would turn completely black within a year!

top topics

join