It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is reality, this is hell, this is our life (video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Yandros

No Sir,

What he is saying is that the order of excellence of man in a society is related to the forms of government he describes.

In order of excellence:

Philosopher King
Timocratic
Oligarchy
Democracy
Tyranny

I believe you have equated Philosopher King with Tyranny which are at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Its probably my fault because I am not the best of writers. I believe you missunderstood my prose.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

Im only 23 years old this year, but still that video has covered many touchy subjects few people in today's work force dare to discuss. I was in one of the most repetitive work environments, a distribution center for a major retail company that looked after all of northern and parts of southern Australia...That place was a *snip* dictatorship. I tell you now this video paralleled my own psyche, but I, unlike most people who are in the same situation woke up to the slavery and said no more. but that was not before I developed depression.

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

The world is slowly, but surely waking up to the enslavement.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
I see little justice in violence, since those with the money will always have the best weapons and more importantly the best training on how to use them.

That is why Dueling pistols come as a pair - so both parties have the same unrifled/partially rifled weapon. That makes it more fair:

Even were it was legal, death by dueling was always rare - more rare than death by outright murder.

Anyways it an interesting thought experiment that I included some humour with to raise a question; that being how likely would a politician be to lie or a person in authority be to abuse those beneath them when they would have so much at risk....

Besides, even if it were legal all politicians would just admit they were cowards and liars and tough luck for any challengers - who would then be forced to resort to making crafty signs and walking around with them in protest.

Not much would really change. People would be more polite though, infidelity would probably decrease. There would be new and strange social pressures, and insurance companies would have to cope; there'd be a couple clauses added. Waivers would probably be printable from your state government's website.

Don't take my duel-speculations too seriously.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

And yet you can afford a computer and internet connection? That doesn't sound like poverty to me, or do you use an internet cafe or a friends computer?

Good video. I abhor the 9-5 system, that's why I work freelance.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Yandros

It's communist propaganda.

Obviously.

Unfortunately, there is alot of it going around these days.

obviously not, check out more videos of this man, he is a leftlibritarian and in my opinion ist a very good system. The life we have now isn't any good so either way we need to change it.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." (Ecclesiastes 1:18).

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Brilliant overview of the contemporary slave born into economic bondage and sheltered in a dark room from the light that is creativity and potential.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I see little justice in violence, since those with the money will always have the best weapons and more importantly the best training on how to use them.

That is why Dueling pistols come as a pair - so both parties have the same unrifled/partially rifled weapon. That makes it more fair:

Nice pic, however, would every man be able to afford these pistols and have expert training in their use? I still see inequality.

Also, don't like the thought of infidelity being punished with death - a little fundamentalist. What if the husband is violent and beats his wife; she turns to a sensitive non-violent gentleman for relief; the husband finds out and kills the gentleman in a duel.... Not fair!

But as you said, an excellent thought experiment. I certainly like the idea of short sighted politicians having to tread fairly and politely - inspired.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by McGinty]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Staggeringly honest. And depressing.

"Until a day when the thinker works and the worker thinks..." is there a better way to feed, clothe and shelter the 6 billion people on Earth? It seems that the system helped us get to that number and we can't really just stop without a significant drop in our number.

Scary.

But something has to change.

[edit on 20/1/2010 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Nice pic, however, would every man be able to afford these pistols and have expert training in their use? I still see inequality.

The duelists would not exist in a vacuum. But would exist in a world filled with dueling pistols. (unless the US turned communist, then pistols would be scarce like everything else)

Nor was there a rule saying that the man who issued the challenge must provide the weapons. Each state would probably have their own regulations for the dastardly affairs.

*In any case, were it legal; there would a profit to be made from renting out dueling pistols. Companies which would do this might also provide you with a Second for a nominal fee, (and to ensure the pistols are returned). I'm sure you'd have to sign a form or two.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
To all sponges:

Enjoy my welfare dollars....12+ million illegal invaders + god knows how many "legal" takers?

yeah. lazy

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Yandros

Originally posted by Yandros
It's communist propaganda.

Then why is he also criticizing communism in the video???

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think the videos Money as Debt 1 and 2 should be viewed right after this video to put things in perspective...

Money as debt 1

Money as debt 2

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing the video, S&F.

This really hits home for all of us I'd say (or most of us at the least). It is really sad how this world has become, and I fear it will only become worse. I liked this video so much I just emailed it to my family, hopefully my dad will take the time to watch it, he owns his own business and yet he has to work 11+ hrs a day, 6 days a week. This is with a very bad heart disease which is going to kill him sooner than later and it saddens me. The one part from the video:

"We were told if we worked hard enough we could experience the American Dream. What we weren't told is that there isn't one, and there never was one."

That was very well said. There is no such thing as the American Dream, it's a joke. My father is a shining example. He is a very good person, smart and successful, and yet he has to work his a$$ off much more than the average person. And why? Because the politicians don't want to give small businesses any help, especially during this MUCH needed time in the economy. I actually asked my father why he wasn't getting any government help and he said he didn't have enough employees to get any sort of relief. It's screwed up. I know that this isn't exactly what the video was about but it makes me bring this up because it all ties in together.

Basically life is a joke, so we all might as well die laughing since hopefully we'll understand it as we die and finally be able to laugh at the 'joke of life'...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Thanks for sharing the video, S&F.

This really hits home for all of us I'd say (or most of us at the least). It is really sad how this world has become, and I fear it will only become worse. I liked this video so much I just emailed it to my family, hopefully my dad will take the time to watch it, he owns his own business and yet he has to work 11+ hrs a day, 6 days a week. This is with a very bad heart disease which is going to kill him sooner than later and it saddens me. The one part from the video:

"We were told if we worked hard enough we could experience the American Dream. What we weren't told is that there isn't one, and there never was one."

That was very well said. There is no such thing as the American Dream, it's a joke. My father is a shining example. He is a very good person, smart and successful, and yet he has to work his a$$ off much more than the average person. And why? Because the politicians don't want to give small businesses any help, especially during this MUCH needed time in the economy. I actually asked my father why he wasn't getting any government help and he said he didn't have enough employees to get any sort of relief. It's screwed up. I know that this isn't exactly what the video was about but it makes me bring this up because it all ties in together.

Basically life is a joke, so we all might as well die laughing since hopefully we'll understand it as we die and finally be able to laugh at the 'joke of life'...

Yes very true, the problem lies deep withen the system we live in. It is the roots that are rotten and the fruits that it brings with it are also rotten. Everything negative that happens out of our society, wheter it be suicides or people gone crazy shooting up the place it is all the result of what is corrupt.

You can't grow nice vegetables on an incomptible soil. We don't feel good with what we do and who we are, and we don't know why. Life can be better, and even though some people might think that this utopian view of less work more fun isn't possible to obtain, but it is. It is simply because we have never seen such a system that it seem incomprihensible.

Just like Winston (1984) that doesn't remember how life was before the revolution that he doesn't know if the way he is living now is good or bad, because he can't compare his situation to anything else. But he keeps feeling that somehting isn't right.

It's the same with us humans, we know that the way we live isn't natural isnt inuitive, we feel that things can become better (and they can!!) but then some people come along and smack the whole vision down with a pesimistic sentence like: "it will never happen" or "Stop dreaming, this is reality".

It's like we don't want a better life or we absolutly believe that it is impossible.

come to think about it, we are already brainwashed by the system that WE support and WE nurish. It's a briliant plan actually. we live in a prison that we sustain, and not only do we not know its a prison we would defend it with our lives even though we hate it.

edit for typo

[edit on 20-1-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Yes! I'm so glad to hear someone who thinks the way I do, although I'm sure many others feel the same way, it's refreshing to see someone else post such a good & clear message that we should all be able to understand.

Our lives are not revolved around one another; our lives are revolved around whatever the powers that be wish them to revolve around. As much as we say we're "awake" while the sheeple do as they're told, what are we honestly doing that is changing society and the way it thinks?

I for one do everything I can to spread word on the facts (not just conspiracy theories although recently I've gotten a lot of my friends to listen to what I have to say and they are believing me) that are the real reality we are living. Yes life is just an illusion but if our imaginations are creating this illusion, why not make it something awesome, worth while & living for, than this meek and horrid place we call home?

I really hope people can grasp this concept here that we are living the lives we are set out to live. Yes we may fail because it is our fault, or we may succeed because we studied harder than others, but ultimately we end up in our ruts because we were forced there. I'm so sick and tired of saying "We need to do something now!" to everyone here on ATS and everyone I know personally that there is no point in repeating myself 10x a day. It really is time to do something people, our lives are going to become like those people in the movie "Gamer" where the brain cells are taken over by some nano technology that allows someone to control you like a video game (okay maybe not that exact but you get the point).

We always make fun of politicians for being puppets, but whats funny is no one seems to notice that we, the people are being possessed by the higher ups, the elite, tptb, whatever you want to call them. They are the true puppet masters, and you can think otherwise all you want, but until change occurs then no one has any room to speak, and that is very, very sad.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The duelists would not exist in a vacuum. But would exist in a world filled with dueling pistols. (unless the US turned communist, then pistols would be scarce like everything else)

Nor was there a rule saying that the man who issued the challenge must provide the weapons. Each state would probably have their own regulations for the dastardly affairs.

*In any case, were it legal; there would a profit to be made from renting out dueling pistols. Companies which would do this might also provide you with a Second for a nominal fee, (and to ensure the pistols are returned). I'm sure you'd have to sign a form or two.

Just like the quality of ones attourney is down to your wealth, i imagine quality of pistol would be too.

There'd no doubt be an insurance scheme (part of your medical insurance), or government, publicly taxed scheme for supplying the poor with cheaply produced weapons (just like legal aid) should they need one. But this would all too often be a David & Goliath duel; just like we see everyday in the court system.

Alternatively a fairness law could be passed that decrees everyone use the same standard government weapon.....
But this is as likely as a law being passed today that decrees everyone must use the same standard government legal aid. Fairness would be no more likely in the Duelist's world.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by McGinty]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Great video !

I linked this video on my facebook, u know what most people answer ?

"pff...this video takes to long"

They dont even care about the message.

Sums it all up doesnt it...thats the problem in todays world...

I spend years of my life researching, most people dont wanna spare 8 min. for a video important like this.

it dissapoints me to say the least.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I've seen this problem since soon after entering the double digits. To those who believe many are whining about this topic I suggest you look yourself up some history on human achievements from the renaissance period. Artists learned of anatomy, anatomists of geometry, from geometry to music, music to language, language to poetry...the point is most everyone regardless of their ability or their intelligence is limited to the world we live in where the selfish use the meek and the aggressive control the creative. Sooner or later this will have to change as we have far too strong an ego and far too large a brain to have the same future as the ant.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers

Yes very true, the problem lies deep withen the system we live in. It is the roots that are rotten and the fruits that it brings with it are also rotten. Everything negative that happens out of our society, wheter it be suicides or people gone crazy shooting up the place it is all the result of what is corrupt.

You can't grow nice vegetables on an incomptible soil. We don't feel good with what we do and who we are, and we don't know why. Life can be better, and even though some people might think that this utopian view of less work more fun isn't possible to obtain, but it is. It is simply because we have never seen such a system that it seem incomprihensible.

Just like Winston (1984) that doesn't remember how life was before the revolution that he doesn't know if the way he is living now is good or bad, because he can't compare his situation to anything else. But he keeps feeling that somehting isn't right.

It's the same with us humans, we know that the way we live isn't natural isnt inuitive, we feel that things can become better (and they can!!) but then some people come along and smack the whole vision down with a pesimistic sentence like: "it will never happen" or "Stop dreaming, this is reality".

It's like we don't want a better life or we absolutly believe that it is impossible.

come to think about it, we are already brainwashed by the system that WE support and WE nurish. It's a briliant plan actually. we live in a prison that we sustain, and not only do we not know its a prison we would defend it with our lives even though we hate it.

A really really good point, colloredbrothers, star for you. And a flag and a thank you for bringing the video to my attention.

Now, how about suggesting me a solution, perhaps you have an idea?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join