It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Follows Texas In Banning Private Gun Shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Tennessee Follows Texas In Banning Private Gun Shows

www.infowars.com

Tennessee has followed Texas in demanding that dealers obtain licenses and turn over a plethora of information to authorities before being able to host a gun show in another devastating attack on the second amendment.

The legislation, HB 2422, which has not yet passed, would make it a Class A misdemeanor for any person to organize, plan, promote, or operate a gun show without government approval.

The bill makes it a crime for anyone who wishes to operate a gun show unless they follow the following procedures;

(1) Notifies the TBI and the chief law enforcement officer in the county in
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.infowars.com...
www.infowars.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I myself dont own a gun.
But I am not considering getting one before I can not.
This is the second ban in 2 days!
We own guns to protect ourself from a corrupt government which this is proving to be. More and more of are rights are being taken away
More and more security is added. To protect who? Im starting to think not us but TPTB. What do you guys think?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Every adult should have a gun to protect and against enemy domestic and alien.

But with a private gun show what would be the difference between that and an arms bazaar?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What's so special about several private FTF sellers in an area that it gains so much attention?

How is this different from newspaper classifieds or the Bargain News or Shotgun News? Are those next to be shut down?

Soon enough I wont be able to sell an old firearm to a buddy without paying ridiculous fees and fines?

Death by a thousand cuts.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They are not banning gun shows!

Its the mass ammount of them that they want some form of control over.

I, at one time went to every gun show within 250 miles of where I live, now there are more than 2, many times 3-4 every weekend, greedy vendors, and the admition ticket that was $4 is now $8-10 so the promoter is making bank, and with this current gun and ammo type fad, or buying frenzy.

Not to mention the questionable items for sale at them, stun guns, crappy fantasy knives and swords, its almost circus like, nowa days, not like the real gunshows of recent past.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Obama Administration Shuts Down Oldest Gun Show in Central Texas

The BATF engaged in mafia tactics in running a criminal conspiracy to shut down a gun show in Austin Texas, the Alex Jones Show heard Monday, direct from the man embroiled at the center of the Obama administration’s latest savage attack on the second amendment. Following the staged arrest of a man by the Austin Police — subsequently released without charge — the BATF pressured lease holders HEB to shut down the oldest gun show in central Texas.

As revealed Monday on The Alex Jones Show, the BATF called the original meeting regarding the gun show and used threats and intimidation to shut down the event.

Darwin Boedeker of Texas Gun Shows provided details of the criminal conspiracy by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (abbreviated ATF) and the Austin police to shut down the show last week.

www.infowars.com...

Well how about this?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by blankduck18]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Since this a legislative issue, it would seem to me that the local arm of the NRA would get involved. The law has not yet been passed. That means voters can contact their local reps and senators and make their wishes known. Somehow I don't think this will pass in Tn. And has it actually been passed into law in Texas, or is it still befor the legislature?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It has not been passed yet.
They are trying very hard
wapp.capitol.tn.gov...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Hmmm. That's an interesting picture to say the least. I started shooting when I was older than that..... I don't know who in their right mind would let kids that young play with guns.

Anyway, I'm American and I've never killed anyone! That's stereotyping and I don't like it!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Great picture.

What's wrong with exposing kids to guns, as long as they're educated? And not shooting them unsupervised?

I remember when I was in elementary school here in Virginia the school was even already teaching us about gun safety and the basics, never look down the barrel, never point it at anybody else, even if it's not loaded, etc.

My grandpa also let me shoot his rifle at bats before I was 10 years old. It's really not a big deal. (We shot at bats at dusk because they would roost on his porch and night and poop everywhere on it.
)

You guys are going to be REALLY sore when you gladly give these things up, like so many other countries in the world have, and suddenly you find yourself defenseless, not only against government goons, but against even common criminals who will NEVER respect gun laws.

Keeping firearms and being educated about how to use them and why they are important is extremely critical today.

Think about alcohol laws in Europe, too. They have much lower drinking ages in some European countries, and the consequence is you don't have 21-year olds getting smashed everywhere, because by the time they're that old they're already mature enough to handle alcohol fine. And when they're younger, they are able to drink around their parents and thus be supervised.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I was ten years old when I fired my first "real" gun. Prior to that, I had a BB gun, which is a "real" gun, in that it can kill small animals, and can do damage to humans and property. "You'll put your eye out with that thing."
When I fired my first gun that used powder, my dad was with me, making sure I was safe, that I didn't accidentilly point the gun at anyone, and to brag on me when I made a good shot.
And before anyone comments about the BB gun, my dad made sure my brother and I knew how to safely use them before we were turned loose on our own with them. And even then, he watched us, without us being aware of it, until we did something wrong.
We were taught to have respect for the damage a gun could do, and we were taught the responsibility that is required when handling any weapon, whether it fires a projectile or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Sorry for me is this all complete sick. I can't understand it, never will.

top topics

join