It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott VS Coakley - And the winner today will be...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is an open invitation to make your prediction of who will win today in the Massachusetts Senate race. Martha Coakley or Scott Brown. First, tell me who you believe will win and what the strong point of the candidate is that will carry the day and win the Senate seat for their party. Everything hangs in the balance today. In this mad mad world of politics where each party seeks to derail the other, What do you think about it ?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Fromabove]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I dont really think it matters do to the fact repukes and democraps are the same party... Notice how when Bush was in Charge, the repukes acted like he could do no wrong. 2006 Democraps took over Congress yet Bush managed to ram ever piece of crap legislation through the congress. Fast forward to today. The Democraps have commanding majorities in the house, senate, and the white house. There passing even more America Killing bills through the house, all the while blaming bush and the repukes for Americas woes, including the police actions in the middle east...

Every single one of those Bastards in DC needs to be hanged and hanged real High, they should be brought up on treason charges... It’s time for a TRUE THIRD PARTY to RECLAIM AMERICA.

Moral of the story it doesn’t matter who wins in this election America still looses.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Given the mass vote fraud being called for by the MSM, the statements by the MA Sec. of State Galvin about holding absentee ballots, and the fact that the voting machines are all electronic, I can see Dems winning the election although they will loose in the exit polls.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong or the state will have an illegitimate representative in congress.

The public shouldn't even be electing senators anyways, that's a job for the state legislature to appoint.

Senators are supposed to represent the states interest in the federal congress, right now they represent corporate interests. An appointment by the state legislature means senators are not beholden to special interests that fund their campaigns.

The 17th amendment was one of the worst, right up their with the income tax and prohibition.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I still expect Coakley to win. She could get up on stage, shoot a child in the face and eat its brains, and Mass will still pull for that (D).

It would take nothing short of apocalypse to retrain the monkeys in Mass.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Scott Brown defeats Barack (CSPAN) Obama in Massachusetts.

It was over when Coakley called Schilling a Yankee Fan. The Red Sox Nation does not take kindly to that type of ignorance.

I spelled Massachusetts right! Something the Coakley campaign couldn't do in their own campaign ad!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I still expect Coakley to win. She could get up on stage, shoot a child in the face and eat its brains, and Mass will still pull for that (D).
Gotta love that #@%$ dude! Sad but very true.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So far there is no certain news in exit polling. If Coakley were ahead, the dems would let us know. Perhaps the snow and rain there today is having an effect on getting out the democrat vote. Or maybe Brown is strong enough to carry the day. If no news comes out before 5 pm I'm predicting a Brown win for the Senate seat in Massachusetts.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

You know, I always remembered exit polling announcements being done throughout the day but the last couple of elections with national attention havent had any.

I wonder if they just learned exit polls arent terribly accurate or if they believe that exit polling can sway results in that it may encourage people to get off their rears and vote.

Peculiar that it's absent.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It will be very close.

Brown has a lot of momentum going into this week end, and his restraint of the use of negative advertising has not gone without notice. Nobody believes Brown is a knight in shining armor, but at this moment in time he has captured what is a really strong negative view of Obamacare and the shenanigans involved around it's creation. Not to mention that Coakley's campaign has been a textbook case of "how to fudge up a commanding 30 point lead due to sheer arrogance and stupidity".

Then again......the Democratic machine is MA is vast and not to be underestimated. There are legions and legions of earthy-crunchy moonbats driving their Subaru's to the campus every day that can appear like a swarm of locusts in the blink of an eye......they cannot be counted out.

I think what it will come don to is........money. Pure and simple. It will be those who favor big government, heavy taxation, and a "nanny state" versus those who favor small government, less taxes, and individual rights and responsibilities.

In this day and age (especially considering the economy), I really think that Brown has a very good chance. But....I wouldn't bet $5 on it, not in this state.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
You know, I always remembered exit polling announcements being done throughout the day but the last couple of elections with national attention havent had any.

I wonder if they just learned exit polls arent terribly accurate or if they believe that exit polling can sway results in that it may encourage people to get off their rears and vote.

Peculiar that it's absent.

Perhaps because most MSM who reports it is controlled by democratic lobbyists and special interests who don't like the news, lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I heard on the radio there would be no exit polls
Given that I still say Brown may win it, but I see a recount ahead

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They stoped calling elections and exit poles after they screwed up and called florida for Al Gore before all the votes were in. now they wait for the poles to close.

Go Brown!!!!!
Can you feel that Nancy Palosi! agh!! agh!! agh!! can you feel that!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Isn't it funny how they always say DEMOCRATS WIN!!

Or the say REPUBLICANS WIN!!!

Nobody ever says THE VOTERS WIN!!!

Its because we don't. We lose every time a Democrat or Republican gets elected.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

When Democrats lose, America wins! I have never seen a political party so far removed from the people. This is about government run health care, and America does not want it, and are sending you a loud message to BACK OFF!

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Nope you are not sending me a message. I do not support either of the criminal gangs that claim to represent the American people. All Democrat and Republican politicians are lying, thieving, whore mongering, sodomites.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Would agree with every thing except sodomites, that is unless were talking about Barany Frank.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The polls are still open for another half hour.

I'm not going to make any predictions.

All I will say is that Brown ran a clean campaign, issue-focused, while Coakley ran a mudslinging circus, complete with bringing in a POTUS whose greatest contribution was making fun of her opponent.:shk:

No dignity left in the Oval Office any more.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Only time will tell, hopefully Brown pulls it off, maybe that will send a message to the WH to relax.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Rubicon1]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by groingrinder

When Democrats lose, America wins! I have never seen a political party so far removed from the people.
[edit on 19-1-2010 by Carseller4]

Hell ya bud, we won in 2000 and 2004

The results were epic, can't wait for neocon 2.0!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Hell ya bud, we won in 2000 and 2004

The results were epic, can't wait for neocon 2.0!!!

Your pathetic sarcasm is hilarious!

If Republicans think they can go back to their old John McCain weak Republican ways...they are sadly mistaken!

This is not about Republican vs Democrats......It's about Conservatism vs Liberal/Progressive (whatever they are calling themselves these days).

Brown wins!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join