It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shown trumping up assult charges on activist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
See video at:
digg.com...

This is one of the more offensive crimes (a police offer can do) that I've seen done in the name of the law "for the public good". There is a group called something like the 420 group that does something in public places they believe should be legal but many laws forbid. When the police apparently got there too late this time to make very many arrests, they simply trumped up a charge of assaulting a police officer on one of the activists! That crime can carry a years-long prison sentence.

What I see from the video is that the police have formed a circle where the only way out is to actually have to risk brushing up against any one of them.

EDIT: This seems to be a routine police tactic at protests. They form a circle around the protesters and force them into a practical jail. Then if any of them tries to escape imprisonment, they are arrested. Its disgusting and its a clear violation of human rights.

EDIT2: Edited out a subtopic that moderators may not approve of.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

How come you haven't been banned???

Any mention of "that drug" gets you sent off - no problem with murder, wars, starvation and all the rest.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

I had another username and I mentioned the em word - I was banned, full stop.

I would like to ask you, mods, what is going on?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by learningtofly

How come you haven't been banned???

Any mention of "that drug" gets you sent off - no problem with murder, wars, starvation and all the rest.

Well to me the topic of this thing is assault charges, not drugs. So I would hope that would be enough for my topic to be allowed. I could always rephrase it without using the word "drug" or naming a specific drug.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

OK, yes the police are corrupt.

Yes the politicians are corrupt.

Surprise surprise.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The G20 summit here in London saw 'kettling' which involves corralling the protesters up by surrounding them with police, after a while a few protesters asked to be let out and the police refused. That alone will cause tempers to fray, you can't touch the police but they can sure touch you.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Not enough information to pass judgement on the cops.

Pot protesters? Really? Couldnt they find something else to protest thats actually worthwhile?

Besides medical, this stuff does nothing to help society. If you saw how this stuff was shipped into the country you wouldn't touch the stuff.

wrapped in axle grease and plastic wrap? Transmission fluid? I've seen this stuff come through evidence and it aint pretty.

Not even gonna discuss what is in some of the "harder" stuff. Its bad all the way around.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Poor guy should've at least gotten a good punch in if he's going to spend a year in jail for that. If that's assault it's happened to me millions of times. Cops...........good god. More tarnish on the badge for sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Not enough information to pass judgement on the cops.

Pot protesters? Really? Couldnt they find something else to protest thats actually worthwhile?

Besides medical, this stuff does nothing to help society. If you saw how this stuff was shipped into the country you wouldn't touch the stuff.

wrapped in axle grease and plastic wrap? Transmission fluid? I've seen this stuff come through evidence and it aint pretty.

Not even gonna discuss what is in some of the "harder" stuff. Its bad all the way around.

Not enough information? The whole story in on the video. The guy was told he's free to go and five seconds later he's getting arrested. Lets say we stretch it the casual brush was actually on purpose... that makes the guy deserve a felony on his record? That isn't a brutal police state to you? To me, that is just another example showing what we've got today is a police state.

And nobody finds this an exceptionally important story? Oh well. I guess I'll just go back to the thread about the phrase "2Cor" being printed on an assault rifle... that is apparently what is an outrage these days because it is a subtle references to a Bible verse. I stand corrected. Sorry to bother you with irrelevant ruining of someone's life on the casual whim of someone who claims to be protecting and serving as a police officer.

As for protesting the war on drugs, it is one of the most destructive things we've got in this country, but that isn't really the point. This video shows a situation about failure to pay what may as well have been a mafia man "proper respects". In other words, either bow down and worship the cop as you pass or get thrown in prison for years and have your life ruined. Thats what this story is about and it happens HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of times in America. Its disgusting. And cops wonder why we are nervous around them? Its because they ruin people's lives on the slightest of whims on a very regular basis. Its the beginning of a police state and its just as bad as the UK in many respects!

top topics

join