It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello from afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
hello everyone, i've been reading things on this site for a while now and finally decided to join. I recently retired from the army after 20+ years. now i'm working as a defense contractor training the afghan army. I just wanted to say hi and look forward to joining some of the discussions. JOE

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by joeh13

How man!
All the best to you, hope you enjoy the banter.....you'll find plenty of good stuff, and other material you'll have to take with a grain of salt ( the size of the moon.LOL).
Cheers mate, look forward to discussing topics with you in a gentlemanly/lady-like fashion (excuse me for not assuming your gender).

See you 'round the traps!!!
K

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by joeh13

Hello and welcome mate, don't let the hippies like me get ya down. I'm sure you'll fit right in brother.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Welcome Joe

If you are like a lot of us here you have already been reading on ATS for a while before joining, so you get the idea that a lot of topics are very controversial, some are downright mysterious, some just plain hard to beleive, but it is an interesting site, it has kept me here for about 2 years now, I come on only while working, but I love it!
Wishing you safety and Godspeed getting stateside.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by joeh13

Are you in anyway associated with Blackwater/XE? If yes then didnt knew they have opened a propaganda wing too. If no welcome.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by December_Rain]

[edit on 19-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hi Joe and welcome aboard! I'm sure you will have some good insights into what is going on over there in Blastghanistan. I look forward for some honest p2p communication without the media filters.
Americans desperately need to understand the dynamics of what we're involved in as a nation. Without the full support of the people the war will go on indefinitely and nobody wants that. I say win it or get the hell out, don't leave our people there as pawns.
I'm sure you'll enjoy all the crazy topics and real news stuff that you can find here.
Stay safe and thank you for your service!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hey joeh13

I think there is a fair few people over in Afghanistan on this site who actively post as well.

Anyway stay safe and welcome to ATS

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by joeh13

Hello Joe, if you have been lurking, you will already have a good idea what this site is all about. Thankfully it is not all politics and conspiracy. Something to whet everybodies appetite. I hope this site will help to take your mind off your mission and provide you with some welcome relief.

See ya around.

new topics

top topics

join