It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did all the Aliens, Indigo Children, Time Travelers, Mystics, Enlightened, Psychics, etc FAIL to

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

It was predicted sometime in AD33.

In answer to the question "Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?" (see Matt 24:3)

Jesus answers, "...nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. (Matt 24:7-8)

Isn't Haiti a divers place?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It was their life plan as decided by the Galactic Federation of Light.

why would anyone want to change the course of whats meant to be?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

“Is the general consensus that psychics "failed" to avert this "tragedy"?”

See you’re missing the point. It’s not that psychics failed to avert this tragedy, rather, it is that psychics failed to predict it. Therefore, I ask that you rephrase your question as it is not related to my premise. In addition, when it comes to general consensus, you were the one who said, “Just because you feel it's such a terrible tragedy doesn't mean it is.”, and I’m telling you that it isn’t a tragedy because EMPIRE said it, but it is a tragedy because those who experience it first hand call it such. Moreover, the people with hands on contributions (people in Haiti helping) consider it a tragedy, and I’m sure if a poll was conducted, the major of those polled would agree.

That's preposterous. If you don't believe it yourself, then what is the purpose of pointing the finger?

See above.

Who says they should be allowed to predict such things?

I’ve asked questions pertaining to this but you’ve overlooked them. Here they are again:

All these people are claiming to help mankind and none of them were able to predict this catastrophe? So what are the prerequisites of seeing a tragedy like this? So what are these “forces” you speak of and where is this Great Beyond?

Where is the precedent for the success of such predictions? My point is, why should anyone believe? There's no precedent for believing in such claims, unless you happen to know of a precedent that I don't know about.

Refer to the previous questions.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo3
Hope help comes to the people of Haiti.

The USA (including Pat Robertson's organization) is on the ground in Haiti and has been for days, bringing millions of dollars in food, shelter, medicine and relief.

Interestingly, the USA is now being condemned (by France) for our "occupation" of Haiti. Screw France.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Why did all the Aliens, Indigo Children, Time Travelers, Mystics, Enlightened, Psychics, etc FAIL to...predict the EQ in Haiti?

FAIL and PREDICT are the keywords here, not change or history.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Please tell me you're joking with the divers part.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Using inductive or deductive reasoning, explain to me how you arrived at your assessment.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I had a very long detailed diatribe written out...but I just got so angry by the end of it that I've wiped it to reiterate in a more cordial way.

In the last year we've seen so many things that have stretched our very understanding of the Universe and ourselves. We've learned more about our neighbouring bodies than we ever have known before, we've had celestial occurrences which have both dazzled us and enlightened us, we've seen planets that defy our understanding of physics yet exist - pressing us to know more. We've had ancient glaciers melt and chilling Winters torment us. We've discovered new unknown animals and learned more about those that have been around us for a long time. We've seen robotics deliver sight to the blind and computers which can get a rough view of shapes we imagine. We've had a global pandemic outbreak and considered how to deal with more serious future health-risks. We've had a black man be elected by the people of America to lead them and a democratic opposition stand up to defend their right to oppose him. We've had religions of all nations bicker over ancient rights to land and modern politicians divvy up their responsibilities into pennies to line their pockets. We've had countries spy on each other and their citizens. We've discovered microbes with startling abilities and thrown the smallest things we could find at each other close to the speed of light.

There is so much powerful drama going on around us everyday that I do not understand why people choose to fabricate a reality that benefits no-one other than those feeble-minded enough not to see the rest of existence. This is one year I've spoke of, 2010 will have just as much discovery and challenge as any other in our past.

This is the dance of man, and it's a dance that has been going on forever. Revel in it and sup from the cup of heritage whilst making things just a little bit better for those who come immediately after us.

Don't sully the party with tales that don't stand up to scrutiny. Everyone is laughing at you and no-one thinks it is funny.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I am an Indigo and I failed to see it coming because it was never shown to me.

Is it my fault? Maybe is was performed by HAARP?

If it was shown to me what voice do I have to get the government to even think of doing something?

If the governments of the world were considerate of their fellow human beings they would get together and begin building dome homes which are the safest homes you could ever build and can last a century.

They can hold up against fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, Earthquakes, and are very cost efficient.

The world could be different, but the every day to day human being has no real power. The Elite that control the world have control over alot of resources and there is little every day people can do.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Hahahaha, ahhh man that was the best laugh I had all day, thank you.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo3

The earthquake was unexpected and a terrible surprise. Haiti? I can't think of anyone seeing this coming.

I am running behind on listening to Coast to Coast AM on Streamlink podcasts. I am in August right now and on the August 3rd two geologists agreed they expected a big one in the Puerto Rico Trench. At the end of the Trench is the Island which has Haiti/Dominican Republic.

They also say that big sunspots cause earthquakes. Sounds like they got this one right on.

I'm sure there are Coast listeners on here that might be able to tell you if there are any more recent predictions from the show.

Here is a link to that show on the Coast website:

Coast to Coast AM August 3rd

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
I’ve asked questions pertaining to this but you’ve overlooked them. Here they are again: All these people are claiming to help mankind and none of them were able to predict this catastrophe? So what are the prerequisites of seeing a tragedy like this? So what are these “forces” you speak of and where is this Great Beyond?

First of all, I'm answering your rather transparent questions, knowing full well that your only objective is to make the point that psychics and paranormalists are goons are charlatans and fakes. That's your whole premise. Why play games and post nonsensical topics specifically titled "Why did all the Aliens, Indigo Children, Time Travelers, Mystics, Enlightened, Psychics, etc FAIL to predict the earthquake in Haiti?" when you already know the answer?

You're not asking a question for information's sake, you're trolling for an argument. Let's be honest.

Secondly, I'd like to know who "all these people" are who are claiming to "help Mankind"... No, not "see above"... I want some actual names of people who are claiming to help Mankind by posting predictions. I want to go look at their track records of success/failure. Because, obviously, you're not — you're just kind of lashing out at groups of people in general.

Thirdly, I have no idea what are the "prerequisites" of foreseeing an event or a tragedy. If I knew that, I'd be banging on James Randi's door, demanding my million dollar reward.

As I understand the "psychic" literature, the great majority of "visions" and "predictions" are spontaneous and unsolicited — such clairvoyance simply comes to the seer rather unexpectedly.

The only "clairvoyants" who "claim" to target specific future events are those guys who call themselves remote viewers — a class of psychic that was actually employed by the U.S. Department of Defense some years ago. Why the RVs aren't talking about Haiti is anyone's guess.

Lastly, you ask about the Great Beyond, and I can't help but shake my head. Are you serious? You don't know anything about the Great Beyond? You haven't read anything about the Afterlife or other dimensions or the Akashic Record or whatever anyone wants to call it?

Look, before you try to disprove something, you need to acquaint yourself with the topic. Know Your Enemy is a bit of advice that skeptics really need to heed. Anyone can sit back and be an empty-headed skeptic, takes no effort at all.

So, you go read up on the AfterLife and the Astral Plane and all that stuff — should take you a few years to go through all the literature — and then come back with your skeptical but INFORMED opinions.

That's what I did.

I was a hard-ass, God-hating, atheist, science-only skeptic for many years, until I finally realized that I was totally ignorant of metaphysical subjects, and so I started reading, and I read whole libraries on the paranormal and UFOs and ghosts and psychic phenomena and so forth. I read the Bible, too, cover to cover, then read it again to make sure I understood it.

Did all of that turn me into a "believer"...? No, it didn't, but it turned me into an informed skeptic.

Perhaps if you dug into the literature, you would find the very predictions you're seeking. Did you do that?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

reply to post by troubleshooter

Please tell me you're joking with the divers part.

Real Christians have a sense of humor too...

The Greek word kata [kat-ah'] meaning: 1) down from, through out 2) according to, toward, along.

It is usually translated 'divers' or 'various' but can also mean 'everywhere'.

I do think though that as the end approaches the frequency of earthquakes will increase everywhere.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

It certainly wasn't an act of God, as some people like to call natural disasters.

The deal is, psychics and all those paranormal types only see what they are allowed to see by whatever forces there are in the Great Beyond. If they were supposed see the Haitian catastrophe, they would have seen it.

E

— Doc Velocity

if it did not happen on his watch, is he er----limited? is he less than almighty?
are somethings out of his control?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

What does this have to do with failing to predict the earth quake?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I am an Indigo

Proof?

and I failed to see it coming because it was never shown to me.

How come it was never shown to you?

Is it my fault? Maybe is was performed by HAARP?

Is what your fault? The quake? No one ever implied this.

If it was shown to me what voice do I have to get the government to even think of doing something?

So what would be the purpose of showing you anything?

If the governments of the world were considerate of their fellow human beings they would get together and begin building dome homes which are the safest homes you could ever build and can last a century.

I have no way to validate or disprove this.

They can hold up against fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, Earthquakes, and are very cost efficient.

See above.

The world could be different, but the every day to day human being has no real power. The Elite that control the world have control over alot of resources and there is little every day people can do.

Agreed, but aren’t the indigo children supposed to have power?

[edit on 19-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Yeah, Indigo's are supposed to have different abilities.

I can see my own future before it happens as crazy as that sounds, but I forget most of the time, so I don't quiet see the point.

Or maybe it is the position in life that I may soon acquire so that I may help bring change.

Look into Dome homes they are the best structures ever devised by humans in my honest opinion.

I don't know how to prove that I am an Indigo, unless you can meet me and know how to see aura's, if not then I guess you just have to take my word for it.

Human beings are psychic only to a certain extent and the abilities of Indigo's have limitations. I only know what I am capable of, I don't know other Indigo's abilities, and my future may effect the rest of humanity for the better or so I hope.

There isn't much you can do to try and help people in foreign countries, except try and teach them ways to prepair for the worst, so when something does go wrong they have a plan.

Having Indoor verticle farms is a step in the right direction when it comes to food.

Then energy for electricity, there are all sorts of theories for perpetual energy or more energy created then used.

There is a higher power at work even though it may not seem like it or it is fate.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

First of all, I'm answering your rather transparent questions, knowing full well that your only objective is to make the point that psychics and paranormalists are goons are charlatans and fakes.

No, that is not my objective. In fact, I wanted to make this thread the day of the quake, but felt some would take it as disrespectful or that I was using the occasion and mishap to spread my own beliefs. For that reason, I decided to hold off until now. Yes, many of the people you listed are goons, charlatans, etc (your words), but I’ve already addressed them in another thread.

That's your whole premise.

No it isn’t. I truly want to know why they didn’t predict the earth quake.

Why play games and post nonsensical topics specifically titled "Why did all the Aliens, Indigo Children, Time Travelers, Mystics, Enlightened, Psychics, etc FAIL to predict the earthquake in Haiti?" when you already know the answer?

No, I truly don’t know why. I mean it could be because they are fake (which I believe), but it could be due to some other reason. But what do I know? I know only those from the scientific community made the prediction.

You're not asking a question for information's sake, you're trolling for an argument. Let's be honest.

No, I’m asking for information sake and to encourage critical thinking. Again, this is a very legit question as we have people here who talk about future events, predict them, but couldn’t get this one.

Secondly, I'd like to know who "all these people" are who are claiming to "help Mankind"... No, not "see above"... I want some actual names of people who are claiming to help Mankind by posting predictions. I want to go look at their track records of success/failure. Because, obviously, you're not — you're just kind of lashing out at groups of people in general.

If I’m not mistaken it is against the rules to do this. However, use your search function and you’ll come across it. I can name at least ten members, but again, this is not a thread about them personally, and to list them would be an “attack” of sorts.

Thirdly, I have no idea what are the "prerequisites" of foreseeing an event or a tragedy. If I knew that, I'd be banging on James Randi's door, demanding my million dollar reward.

With that being said you just lost your premise.

As I understand the "psychic" literature, the great majority of "visions" and "predictions" are spontaneous and unsolicited — such clairvoyance simply comes to the seer rather unexpectedly.

Yet none of them had a vision of an “untold number dying on an island”? That is a vague prediction and yet they didn’t even get that one.

The only "clairvoyants" who "claim" to target specific future events are those guys who call themselves remote viewers — a class of psychic that was actually employed by the U.S. Department of Defense some years ago. Why the RVs aren't talking about Haiti is anyone's guess.

The R.V.’s were mentioned in the O.P. in the closing paragraph.

Lastly, you ask about the Great Beyond, and I can't help but shake my head. Are you serious? You don't know anything about the Great Beyond? You haven't read anything about the Afterlife or other dimensions or the Akashic Record or whatever anyone wants to call it?

No, see the thing is I have read about the Great Beyond and the Akashic Records, and let us go into both for a bit. Many people have different concepts about this “Great Beyond”. Some may see it as the astral realm, others a “source” to tap into and others a parallel universe or reality of sorts, so it means different things to different people. In regards to the Akashic Records, if people are able to tap into them before this happened why didn't they? I mean if all time is one, shouldn’t someone have accessed it and presented something?

Look, before you try to disprove something, you need to acquaint yourself with the topic. Know Your Enemy is a bit of advice that skeptics really need to heed. Anyone can sit back and be an empty-headed skeptic, takes no effort at all.

Friend, I am already acquainted with the poison. The only thing that I’ve learned while I’ve been here was the time wave zero thing. Everything else I’ve already read or encountered.

So, you go read up on the AfterLife and the Astral Plane and all that stuff — should take you a few years to go through all the literature — and then come back with your skeptical but INFORMED opinions.

Skeptical but informed opinions? If you were to read pasts posts of mine pertaining to the supernatural or “other worldly” you’ll see I’m highly skeptical and highly informed. However, knowing about these things is not a prerequisite to questioning them and asking for answers

That's what I did.

Same here, only I did it years ago and wasn’t born an indigo child. Moreover, I didn’t have Mother Brain on my back telling me to talk to Ridley or Chozo.

I was a hard-ass, God-hating, atheist, science-only skeptic for many years, until I finally realized that I was totally ignorant of metaphysical subjects, and so I started reading, and I read whole libraries on the paranormal and UFOs and ghosts and psychic phenomena and so forth. I read the Bible, too, cover to cover, then read it again to make sure I understood it.

But I’m not a hard ass, not God hating, will not disclose spiritual/religious life, am not a science only skeptic and am not ignorant when it comes to metaphysical subjects. See, I don’t to discuss auras, don’t need to tell you about chakras, don’t need to discuss the benefits of REM sleep, don’t need to discuss Azazael, don’t need to discuss the Galactic Federation of Light, Mother Brain, Metroids, Grays, Apocryphal works, pseudographical works or anything else that one would link to the metaphysical or spiritual world.

Did all of that turn me into a "believer"...? No, it didn't, but it turned me into an informed skeptic.

See above.

Perhaps if you dug into the literature, you would find the very predictions you're seeking. Did you do that?

I’ve dug into the lit. From people claiming to have an actual copy of the necronomicon to people telling me they are Jesus, I’ve encountered it all, and hear (read) a new tale every day. I’m informed, just no need to appeal to authority to make my claims and question those who have the burden of proof.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join