It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Brace for HUGE Loss - Coakley Crushed !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Obama flew up there and rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic
on Sunday but he only made it worse. Coakley is going down.
Double digit landslide victory for Senator Brown.

See here.
Democrat Damage Control - Coakley Writing Concession Speech

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

“If Brown wins, Democrats probably lose the healthcare bill,” said Goldman.

Are you from that area? How true do you think the above statement is?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Boston:

This is just pure crap. Rather expected due to the nature of this particular election. I am really tired of seeing both of their faces, but she is most likely gonna win this.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I just read through all the comments. Boy, it sounds like a thread here at ATS.

I think I am going to call the old Airline company I worked for in Hyannis, MA. See what the maintenance guys there think is going to happen in the election.

I will not root for the Repubs but I will root against the Dems. We need to stop the out of control machine there in Washington.

I just wish we could start with a whole new Congress. Wouldn't that be rich.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Read the link.
MSNBC says 10% win for Senator Brown.
That says it all.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Nobody wants to get "coakleyed" in November 2010.
It's a new verb.
Learn it - love it - live it
The other democrats in the Senate will run away from ObamaCare.
Apparently, the American people do NOT want it.
Hmmmm............why is that?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

“If Brown wins, Democrats probably lose the healthcare bill,” said Goldman.

Are you from that area? How true do you think the above statement is?

I'm voting in the election tomorrow and Scott Brown represents my district. The above statement is not really true. The democrats can still pass the "older" healthcare bill or get Olympia Snowe of Maine to switch and vote for the current bill, or they can block Scott Brown from being sworn in until they vote on another bill. Of course the man representing the commonwealth in the senate in the "Kennedy seat" was not even elected, but that shenanigans is a whole other story.

We are all pretty sure the democrats will not certify the election results until after they can get a new bill through. Politics at its finest.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by LadySkadi

Nobody wants to get "coakleyed" in November 2010.
It's a new verb.
Learn it - love it - live it
The other democrats in the Senate will run away from ObamaCare.
Apparently, the American people do NOT want it.
Hmmmm............why is that?

You have a point, if Coakley loses it will send a signal to the rest democrats to chance policy. And to the republicans you won't get Snow to move to the left on this because the republicans will smell blood in the water and will see themselves getting back in power at least in the senate.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It's never too late.
I wouldn't be surprised if Al Franken has been hired by Coakley as an election stealing consultant.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
It's never too late.
I wouldn't be surprised if Al Franken has been hired by Coakley as an election stealing consultant.

Too many eyes are on this election.
I guessing James Carville has already given them the bad news.
It's over.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
All I can say is YAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The one thing that I love about democrats, apart from being easy lays, is that they don't give up and will do anything to win. Even dead democrats come out to vote. Unless Brown wins by a landslide, the Dems will pull this out one way or another.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
MSNBC Tuesday Evening 1/1910

The Democratic elect Martha Coakley has won the race. I guess a high number of voter turnout has vaulted her over the top. In one town alone Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and the ever popular Elmer Fudd voted 32,435 times.

On to further news.

Do a google search once on Massachusetts and see if you notice what I noticed.

The first 4 entries are pictures of Obama with Coakley and the first time Brown is mentioned is an article on how conservatives are bamboozling voters.

Coincedence? How much has Google been paid for advertising I wonder?

Don't believe me? Try it. Go to the news breakdown tab.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I know the article on yahoo is a joke also saying stuff like Brown is close but in a very dismissive way.I wonder if these dems realize one of the reasons we don't like them is because they don't play fair?We wouldn't let our children behave this way,why do we let our politicians?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

It is ALMOST getting funny on how absolutely blatant the propaganda has become.

I hope to hell they do not do something stupid and try election fraud and get caught. That may start something that may not be able to be stopped.

Things are definitely heating up in the political arena.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Obama flew up there and rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic
on Sunday but he only made it worse. Coakley is going down.
Double digit landslide victory for Senator Brown.

See here.
Democrat Damage Control - Coakley Writing Concession Speech

with something like 51% of all registered voters there being independents... i see brown by 10 or 12 points... and then watch the panic... if he takes it the dems in DC are gonna try something with the health care crap that would be considered political suicide... they try to cram it through, and they all are done.... as well as the annointed one...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Good video that a conservative democrat made.
www.youtube.com...
"America Rising"

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Where does this guy stand on the issues?

www.brownforussenate.com...

Looks like a moderate to me. The most notable, IMO, thing missing in his "stances" is WHO he would cut taxes for. If he's like every other Republican...it would be corporate tax cuts which would do absolutely NOTHING. He also is against a bank tax to recover TARP funds which the public hated from the start and are still angry about. The guy seems to be all over the place.

He is also PRO-ABORTION which is not a usual conservative stance.

Does anyone look up this stuff? Voting out of spite will change nothing. Haven't we learned anything yet? How many times will we repeat these mistakes...

Maybe we have to lose it all first because from what I can tell he's the exact type of guy the whole country JUST VOTED OUT OF OFFICE.

Morons.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

What will they do? Demand a recount over and over and over again until they can try and pass healthcare or until they can "find" more ballots that were missing that are all in favor of Coakley.

But don't you remember - Lieberman said that if the Dems tried any crap with health care if Brown won then he would cast a vote of NO.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
And the people always fall back into old, comfortable, habits. The lesser of two evils. Can anybody here name the third party candidates without googleing them? Hell I googled them and had trouble finding them. I found a Joe Kennedy who is aparently the tea party candidate? He has "libertarian" positions. But, like most third party candidates, he will most likely be a non-factor.

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 1/19/2010 by Blueracer]

[edit on 1/19/2010 by Blueracer]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join