It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martha Coakley Incompetence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This lady is just incompetent.

Calling a major Red Sox hero a Yankee fan? Curt Schilling who led the Red Sox to their first Championship in 100 years....a Yankee fan?

Making fun of her opponent shaking hands at a Boston hockey game?

Misspelling Massachusetts in a campaign ad?

Is she really that much out of touch with the average Massachusetts citizen?

Then to top it off....a Kennedy trying to help her out, called her Marcia!

Do the right thing Massachusetts, and keep this blithering idiot out of the Senate!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Makes me wonder how many replies I would have had if this would have been about Palin instead of Coakley?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Democrats are so hell bent on getting this Health Care Bill crammed through process that they're going to back any Democrat regardless of how out of touch or unintelligent he or she may be.

Hell, The Dems had an automated phone system calling Mass. residents with a recorded greeting from Obama encouraging people to vote for Coakley instead of Brown.

They're trying to use a teaspoon to shovel water out of their sinking Titanic.

Brown wins Mass. Dems lose Health Care vote.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and pray that the good folks in Mass. make the right decision.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

right...and we all know how well the republicans ran this country...together for 6 years president and congress 2000 to 2006...has dementia set in???

2 stock market downturns
corporate scandals from enron, world com....to a housing and wallstreet screwing
katrina
iraq
massive cuts in taxes to the wealthy
2 billion a year cut to the veterens administration
gitmo
loss of habeus corpus
americans considered as enemy combatants if president orders it
9 asst. attorney generals fired for political purposes
vice-pres dick cheney shoots man in face...no investigation
did not catch anthrax killer- no congressional investigation
did not catch bin laden-but managed to get all his family out of america
etc...........
could we at least have a few years break, before any of these rat bastards get back in power??

[edit on 18-1-2010 by jimmyx]

[edit on 18-1-2010 by jimmyx]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

George Bush had to throws bones to Democrats to get a few of them to help him protect the United States of America.

It's sad the in order for Democrats to support the defense of this country they had free reign to pork up all the spending bills.

Fired Attorney Generals??? Bush fired 9...Clinton when he took office fired all 52.

I miss the way Republicans ran this country and if Massachusetts is any indicator....they do too!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

There was this lawyer once that told his client he had the surefire way to beat the rap.

When the prosecution stated anything about the client, the lawyer objected on the grounds that other people had done the same thing.

For some unknown reason, his client still lost.

Moral of story-quit blaming the other guys and DEMAND honor and integrity from your representatives.

Jeez

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Blaming the Republicans for Hurrican Katrina??

I must have missed the class in Republican 101 where they teach you to control the weather and create hurricanes.

Of course .. You're probably trying to blame Katrina on Republicans because of the way FEMA failed to organize and manage a rescue operation after a horrible natural disaster.

And you're probably NOT refering to the way that residents of New Orleans were committing crimes, robbing, stealing, looting, murdering, etc. Let's not even mention how some of the people opened fire on rescue helicopters, hospital staff, patients, and even women and children.

So who's more at fault? The Republicans because there was a sitting Rep. President at the time of the hurricane? FEMA and it's directors for failing to organize and manage rescue operations? Or those residents in N.O. that created more problems and situations that slowed down progrees of rescue and humanitarian operations?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection
reply to post by jimmyx

Blaming the Republicans for Hurrican Katrina??

I must have missed the class in Republican 101 where they teach you to control the weather and create hurricanes.

Of course .. You're probably trying to blame Katrina on Republicans because of the way FEMA failed to organize and manage a rescue operation after a horrible natural disaster.

And you're probably NOT refering to the way that residents of New Orleans were committing crimes, robbing, stealing, looting, murdering, etc. Let's not even mention how some of the people opened fire on rescue helicopters, hospital staff, patients, and even women and children.

So who's more at fault? The Republicans because there was a sitting Rep. President at the time of the hurricane? FEMA and it's directors for failing to organize and manage rescue operations? Or those residents in N.O. that created more problems and situations that slowed down progrees of rescue and humanitarian operations?

You only questioned Katrina.

Are the rest all True?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I just had to stop in and say Curt Schilling was on the Hannity Show wearing a Scott Brown shirt.

Take that Coakley!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Moral of story-quit blaming the other guys and DEMAND honor and integrity from your representatives.

Absolutely. Well stated.

As for Katrina...

Bush was flying around giving speeches in multiple states while people were drowning.

I like Curt Schilling...but i HATE Sean hannity. More lies and BS comes out of that man's mouth more than any other commentator on Fox News.

And Coakley is an idiot.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I never watch Hannity or O'Reilly, I feel those two are a couple of elitist neo-cons. I watch Beck though. Just have to push aside his emotional crap.

Like anyone you get info from you have to weed out their agenda. Hell, you can watch Olbermann and get info. Just have to weed out the rhetoric.

I like how Maddow buried Obama on his rule of law speech.

You just have to wade through the garbage to get to the truth.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

yep, so because Martha Coakley got her "sports news" wrong, the people of Massachusetts should vote for GOP "Im just an average Joe" Scott brown. Someone who has continued support for the war and troop surge in Afghanistan (something most conservative ATSers have complained about in the case of Obama). While he wasnt in congress at the time for voting the Iraq war he continued to support operations in the Iraq war including the troop surge and rallied americans continued presence there. Voted against "campaign donation limits".

www.ontheissues.org...

Did I mention he'll just be another piece to the GOP? But then again your dislike for the Democrats is purely personal right? Not really the issues given your OP on non-issues.

Too bad there are not any good third party candidates ya know? You could have spent your time mocking both of them. We have a tea party spokes person running for the Libertarian party, but then again that third party had pandered to GOP social non-issues since bob barr became a leading figure.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

You missed one of her biggest gaffs ever.

I am sure there is a thread but I'll do this by memory. A man with political connections was accused of raping a very young child. Coakley continually delayed any actions against him. Finally a lawyer hired by the family after months of delays by Coakley finally got the case to trial. Meanwhile Coakley gave the perv a no bail and no bond release. End of story on lifetime conviction. If it wasn't for the families lawyer pushing this, the pedophile would still be out today, thanks to Martha.

Excellent work Coakley. Protecting pedophiles every chance she gets. He must of voted dem.

Yeah, this was a blatant Dem attack. You damn straight.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Someone who has continued support for the war and troop surge in Afghanistan (something most conservative ATSers have complained about in the case of Obama). While he wasnt in congress at the time for voting the Iraq war he continued to support operations in the Iraq war including the troop surge and rallied americans continued presence there. Voted against "campaign donation limits".

You reminded me of another Coakley gaffe......Coakley said "Terrorists have left Afghanistan."

I'm just glad, that after today, we don't have to hear from Coakley again!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wow. I wish I could live on your panet where everything is so balck-and-white and simple. Here in MA it isn't nearly so. As a diehard Sox fan I am grateful for Curt's guts getting us a much needed World Series. But he's a sports guy. Not a statesman. Not a politician. He's a GOP prop that they drag out whenever they need some local cache. And don't even get me started on that slimeball Flutie.

The GOP has a major politcal boner to get Brown elected. He's the perfect puppet. Here in MA he has voted against everything that favors the people of the state and is in the pocket of businesses --- despite what his TV ads would have you believe.

People in general are so pissed and have such short memories that they easily fall for whatever they hear. This guys not at all what you all desperately want to believe he is. And if he does manage to get elected, those of us that actually have to live here in MA are going to be screwed. Mark my words, this isn't going to end nearly as well as you all think.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

based upon the Pentagon's assessment that there are only about 100 hundred Al Queda left in Afghanistan. That the majority have moved into Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere. You have better intel than the Pentagon?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

People are no longer voting for anyone, they are voting against bigger government and more control.

Like I said earlier, if there was anyone else that stood for a conservative point of view, people would vote for them.

And conservative meaning the limit of government. We need to vote in any and all 3rd party this fall.

Was there even a viable 3rd party candidate in this race? Or did the MSM just sidestep any candidate not Dem or Repub?

[edit on 1/19/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Let's not call her incompetent just yet, she may still have something up her sleeves.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

There is a 3rd candidate. Viable? Not from our perspective up here in MA. Do keep in mind, lots of people THINK this is a national race but it's not. We're the ones who own it if we elect a putz Senator. We already have Kerry. Brown is the last thing we need.

Brown himself is playing the 'I'm an Independent' ruse. But he's not. He's bought-and-paid-for GOP. People in general have to get their heads out of their political bung holes or we are all truly and forever screwed. This non-stop Rep v Dem banter on ATS is indicative. The talking-points parroting is embarassing. As longs as so many people buy into that we don't have a chance.

If we could ever come to the realization that the REAL two parties are us and them we could get something accomplished. A well organized vote against the incumbents campaign would work wonders if we all stuck to it. It would break the ability for special interests to curry favor and send a powerful message to would-be gravy train riders: don't get too comfy.

But that's way too much to ask.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by jtma508]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sounds to me like Democrats and Republicans are BOTH the WRONG choice!!! Why do we need two criminal gangs running our country? Why not people who can stand on their own two feet and make up their own mind?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join