It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Prisons and Crime question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My vision of the future is similar to the Movies "Escape from New York and "Escape from L.A.". I have a feeling that one day crime will become so bad before or during a Dictatorship-Police State,that one City or Area will be walled off and made into a permanent exile prison(exiling Criminals and Critics of the Gov't,Like internal exile in Czarist-Communist Russia). What are your opinions,is this a possibility in the next decades?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MDSJR1967

I have also had similar thoughts/expectations. It seems that prisons are so overcrowded, they are turning criminals away.

Seems only logical that sooner or later they will have to use or build an entire city for them.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Air Force Ron

I think when it happens,If it does,a United States Police force would have to be started up(Like in Escape from New York and Escape from L.A.). I don't think the average size Police force could make them stay in that exile in that Area or City.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i am not sure about that, but prison system needs to be reformed. i really cant fathom this whole idea of putting people behind bars. to a certain extent i might even agree that some psycho maniacs should be walled off, but what with picking up someone high on weed and throwing him in a cell with hardcore criminals who kill for many different reasons? i read prisons actually change you and for worse. many are scared to be out "in the free society" after the prison "rehabilitation"...many a regular joe-shmo turn into real criminals inside prisons. what about prison stocks? you can trade them stocks based on slave labor. oh i forgot the labor is meant for the rehabilitation of a prisoner and beneficial for him.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Read Kafka's "The Trial". That will describe exactly where this ship is headed.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yes.............it seems some sort of Extra-Forces would be needed to not only patrol these type prisons, but also to enforce outside interventions by friends and relatives of inmates.

However, there are already many posts here at ATS on the FEMA Prison Camps. Who are they for? Probably anyone who the New World Order sees as a threat to their organization.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I think the FEMA prisons would be more similar to Dachau or Bergin Belsen,than Sing Sing.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I think the FEMA prisons would be more similar to Dachau or Bergen Belsen,than Sing Sing.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by MDSJR1967]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Jails and prisons are overflowing with small time drug dealers and users. Soon this will be changing with the drugs laws across America changing to be decriminalized.

Users and dealers caught with small amounts are now being issued tickets in certain states, from what I understand that small amount ranges from 40 grams to just a couple grams but those amounts are changing yearly

With drug reform creeping across America the jails and prisons should be clearing out and leaving room for real criminals.

As our population grows by the millions each year and crime of all natures on the rise something does have to change in the prison system, I feel a walled in state to hold all the prisoners of the US is a bit unrealistic and could pose more of a problem then it needs to be but we need a change for sure.

The current system we have in place is a pile of BS and does nothing for reform and only perpetuates the criminals way of life that they live on the out side or the convicted is completely de-socialized that they can't live a normal life out side the confines of our prisoner system
My two cents for my first post

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Air Force Ron

I have also had similar thoughts/expectations. It seems that prisons are so overcrowded, they are turning criminals away.

Seems only logical that sooner or later they will have to use or build an entire city for them.

Thanks!

Agreed!

If the right people remain in/with power sooner or later we'll see arena like prisons were "criminals" will be thrown in and left to die. There probably will be gangs or so (similar to District 9 ).

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Yes.............it seems some sort of Extra-Forces would be needed to not only patrol these type prisons, but also to enforce outside interventions by friends and relatives of inmates.

Also, gun control is underway too! See thise link:www.prisonplanet.com...

www.infowars.com/tennessee-follows-texas-in-banning-private-gun-shows/

[edit on 20-1-2010 by thewind]

join