It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body With 'Very Long' Fingers Discovered On Plum Island

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

PLUM ISLAND, N.Y. (WPIX) - An alleged mutated human body washed ashore on Plumb Island, a small island where the U.S. Government typically studies dangerous animal diseases.

Body Found on Plum Island

posted this here, since plum island is very close to montauk, and this is very likely part of some secret government project. Likely, this will be all we hear of this, but it's interesting to say the least. I've been looking for pictures of what they found with no luck...

[edit on 18-1-2010 by eightonefive]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

you link is bad says not found

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Long links work well with the hyper link button.

Source

No photos, but still interesting for 'long fingers' to be in the article.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I've found two more instances of this story, both the other report it was a black male body found rather than white like the article above claims. I then found this:

WHAT IS PLUM ISLAND?

Plum Island, formerly Ft. Terry, is an animal facility comprising various labs. FADDL, or the Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab is a diagnostic facility that is a full service diagnostic laboratory receiving samples from around the world. PIADC, the Plum Island Animal Disease Center comprises various laboratory facilities and studies exotic diseases of animals. It was designated a biolevel 5 facility, now mandated by Congress which enabled Plum Island to study and research diseases and vaccines for diseases that would not be allowed in the Continental US. The factor allowing for this biolevel 5 designation is its island status.

Plum Island uses biolevel 3 safety measures for biocontainment. Some of the measures include negative pressurization labs and employees taking many showers.

Source

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Plum Island has always interested me. I'm sure there is much that goes on there that is very strange. I hope this is not all we hear of this story.

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A mutated human body with very long fingers found washed ashore near a genetic research facility.... shouldn't this be getting just a little more attention?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

EXACTLY! I'm finding the same two paragraph news report on every site, no pics of what they found, and no further reporting. This will is just going to disappear off the radar. Why do they even report these things...you know there isn't going to be a follow up unless the determine it's like, Shaquille O'neal right?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Could it be this thing?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
if true, this deserves attention.

star and flag from me

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Who is reporting that the fingers were abnormally long? A casual bystander? Just as with animal carcasses that have been in the water for a while, humans will begin to slough off their skin and give off "abnormal" appearance. I doubt this is anything mutant in nature.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Check the sources and then check for corroboration from other sources.

Police on Long Island say an autopsy found no immediate cause of death but determined the partially decomposed body was that of a black male about 6 feet tall with a large build and very long fingers. They say there were no obvious signs of trauma.
Washington Post

Police say the partially decomposed body was that of a white male about 6 feet tall with a large build and very long fingers. They say there were no obvious signs of trauma. The Suffolk County medical examiner will perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
Forbes

A body has been found on a southwest beach area of Plum Island dressed in a green three-button short-sleeve shirt, green cargo pants with buttons from the Godbody Collection, size 10 loafer-style shoes and a belt buckle from Stacy Adams.
Newsday

The man was described as black, about 6-foot-2 with a large build and "very long fingers." He was wearing a light-green golf shirt, brown loafers, size 10, blue plaid boxer shorts and a belt with a buckle inscribed with "Stacy Adams," officials said. He also wore green cargo pants with buttons that read "God Body Collection." The partially decomposed body, which was partially covered by sand, showed no obvious signs of trauma, police said. The county medical examiner will determine the cause of death.
Suffolk Times

Seems a little premature to be freaking out about Montauk and secret facilities. Even the press are being mild about it. Only the Post jumps on the 'terrorist' angle. No surprises there...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Who is reporting that the fingers were abnormally long? A casual bystander? Just as with animal carcasses that have been in the water for a while, humans will begin to slough off their skin and give off "abnormal" appearance. I doubt this is anything mutant in nature.

Well technically, what species is not a mutant?

Doesn't science show us that DNA mutates?

Sorry to nitpick, I know what u were trying to say and I agree and starred you.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive

PLUM ISLAND, N.Y. (WPIX) - An alleged mutated human body washed ashore on Plumb Island, a small island where the U.S. Government typically studies dangerous animal diseases.

Body Found on Plum Island

[edit on 18-1-2010 by eightonefive]

ah noticed how hard it trys to tell its reader that

small island where the U.S. Government typically studies dangerous animal diseases.

hmm why would the writer write down the word typically he is sounding like theres more then just the made up claim he wrote.

I believe near the Pulm island there is a secret genetic research facility
running some where close by.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If it is a normal dead human being then who cares if the body had long fingers?? it is just a very stange thing to put down as a characteristic.. why would that even need to be mentioned.

It's along the same lines as, human body found behind the a dumpster in brooklyn. The body is described as a white male 6' tall with very large ears... wouldn't that sound strange to put in as a description of a person?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

good point.
look the other way..

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
interesting i live on long island hope to read more in the local news if i hear somethin new to post ill blab it out.
I think the montauk monster was just a dead pitbull was really interesting though

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

I wish there were pictures, but another guy posted a video which i found interesting.

Maybe more info in the future?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
maybe he was trying to escape by swimming off the island and drowned;

I also wonder if it could be an alien;

they should take DNA samples

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Could it be this thing?

that looks like a big rat or a possum

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

According to the journalist in the video the autopsy results should have been released by now. Wonder if this man was a genetic experiment, that or the security guards just simple and over exaggerated the length of the dudes fingers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join