It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

abcnews.go.com

Coded references to New Testament Bible passages about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the United States military by a Michigan company

The sights are used by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and in the training of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers. The maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a $660 million multi-year contract to provide up to 800,000 sights to the Marine Corps, and additional contracts to provide sights to the U.S. Army.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

U.S. military rules specifically prohibit the proselytizing of any religion in Iraq or Afghanistan and were drawn up in order to prevent criticism that the U.S. was embarked on a religious "Crusade" in its war against al Qaeda and Iraqi insurgents.

They have to end the contract with that supplier immediately.

If you read the entire article some of the quotations that it references is fairly disturbing.

Imagine if it was the opposite where guns used by terroists or insurgents had koran quotes, there would be so much spotlight on that.

Also Please see THIS:
abcnews.go.com...

Look at it

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-1-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well, thats one interpretation.....

Another might be that is the reference number/part number of that unit.

I bet that manufacturer makes many different models.

Why doesn't someone contact the manufacturer and ask them what the number/letters refers to... seriously.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

they did and they confirmed the practice was started by the founder of the company who was a devout christian.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

One of the citations on the gun sights, 2COR4:6, is an apparent reference to Second Corinthians 4:6 of the New Testament, which reads: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Other references include citations from the books of Revelation, Matthew and John dealing with Jesus as "the light of the world." John 8:12, referred to on the gun sights as JN8:12, reads, "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Trijicon confirmed to ABCNews.com that it adds the biblical codes to the sights sold to the U.S. military. Tom Munson, director of sales and marketing for Trijicon, which is based in Wixom, Michigan, said the inscriptions "have always been there" and said there was nothing wrong or illegal with adding them. Munson said the issue was being raised by a group that is "not Christian." The company has said the practice began under its founder, Glyn Bindon, a devout Christian from South Africa who was killed in a 2003 plane crash.

It has been confirmed.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is an outrage!

May I remind these scumbags of this little known but very powerful quote from the bible: "THOU SHALT NOT MURDER!"

This make me sick to my stomach...

SuperSmileyKittie has something to say about this too:
i726.photobucket.com...

[edit on 18-1-2010 by BazzeMan]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Mmmm... so much for "coveting the ass of thy neighbours wife" and "Thou shalt not kill" etc.

Seriously! Some very un-Christian-like people involved in killing, or the procurement and manufacture of weapons used to oppress and steal from others.

I just read another interesting piece on Xe earlier:

www.globalresearch.ca...

X is an archaic form of abbreviation for Christ and/or Christian that was derived from the cross and the Greek Alphabet. X or Chi is the Greek letter that is the initial of "Christos" - X - which at the same time served as a symbol for the cross. Sometimes written Chi-Rho, (Xp) is another abbreviation for Christos and his followers, the Christians. From the perspective of medieval Christian symbology, 'Xe' is a combination of the Christic cross and the Greek letter, Epsilon, the first letter in the Greek word, Evangelion, glad tidings or gospel. From the perspective of a modern member of the Knights Templar, Xe is immediately recognizable as it symbolizes Christian Evangelism.

Bottom line, I see nothing at all holy in killing, oppressing or stealing from others, no matter what deity one worships.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Imagine if it was the opposite where guns used by terroists or insurgents had koran quotes, there would be so much spotlight on that.

Actually, if the terrorist rifles and weapons had Koran passages on them, the same people complaining about the US rifles sights would be defending them. There would be no spotlight at all on their weapons if there was passages from the Koran. The only reason this is even news is because of the 'blame America first' and 'blame Christians' groups in liberal America. The same groups who ask for tolerance and understand of our enemies, but then are the most intolerant and bigoted towards conservatives and Christians in our own nation.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The only thing that could make this better is if we found out they dipped the weapons in pig blood before delivery!

Jihad on us? CRUSADE on them!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Dont think this is a big deal at all. The manufacture wants to put "kill em all and let god sort em out" I dont really care. The optic is tool it serves its purpose. I seriously doubt anyone even noticed I know I didn't nor did any of my soldiers. The manufacture can put any thing they want on their product.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hmm this might be an opportunity to pick up a couple of these nice scopes real cheap.

link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

Actually, if the terrorist rifles and weapons had Koran passages on them, the same people complaining about the US rifles sights would be defending them. There would be no spotlight at all on their weapons if there was passages from the Koran. The only reason this is even news is because of the 'blame America first' and 'blame Christians' groups in liberal America. The same groups who ask for tolerance and understand of our enemies, but then are the most intolerant and bigoted towards conservatives and Christians in our own nation.

that is a MASSIVE generalization!
I am against this and I wouldn't defend it if it had koran passages on it and i'm guessing neither would the others in this thread.

You are actually grouping everybody in one group because you feel that some of them feel this way.

That's called a fallacious syllogism

link   
reply to post by BazzeMan

"Thou shall not murder" yes it does say that.
Read on, you will find the bible is full of conflict.
In short "you cannot kill what is already dead"

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by drift393
Dont think this is a big deal at all. The manufacture wants to put "kill em all and let god sort em out" I dont really care. The optic is tool it serves its purpose. I seriously doubt anyone even noticed I know I didn't nor did any of my soldiers. The manufacture can put any thing they want on their product.

It DOES matter and here is why:
abcnews.go.com...

Check out the above link, go through it, skim it and you'll see

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drift393

I agree, inanimate objects only have meaning you give them.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

They have to end the contract with that supplier immediately.

Only after we remove "In God We Trust" from the currency that pays the contractors and pays for the war.

Any pretense that we are NOT engaged in a "holy war" with Islam is preposterous. Of course it's a holy war. The only people claiming that it's not a "holy war" are the secular Western hypocrites — to the Muslim fanatics blowing themselves up every day out in the Middle East, it's very much a jihad.

Who do I believe? Why, the ones who are blowing themselves up in the name of God and Muhammad. They're not hiding behind a telescopic sight, a quarter-of-a-mile away.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/18/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Rifle sights for war with quotes from Jesus.

I....am....without....understanding.......

Do Christians in the US just skip Beatitudes altogether?

Are these people so dumb that they aren't smart enough to choke on the horrible irony of this sort of stuff?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I wouldnt look too much into serial numbers because all weapons have a serial number of such.
It is the same as most things thats manufactured. Im Ex Army and im not an engineer. The numbers normally coincide with batches where it was produced, so for example 1 weapon was found faulty, they would be able to recal all weapons within a particular batch. Depending on how small the tolerances are for a specific part depends on the frequency of checks. So something like a bulldozer blade probably check 1 in 20, whereas a weapon part, or a part from either aviaton or automotive inductry there will be more like 1-5 or 1-10 some work also requires 100% checking on every part.
Sorry foor boring you all just thought id explain in 1 post so we can rule it out ok
Oh and 1 more thing though just to clear it up. If that script is etched into the part it can only be done if either the customer orders it that way or accepts it. Also i would maybe look into it a bit clearer because there might be a genuine reason for this. Certain regiments have certain mottos for their regiment or troop colours etc however some also have a script instead.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by enca78]

[edit on 18-1-2010 by enca78]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, nice proven point.

However..... there is always a however....

That company is in the US.

As such, they have every right to put whatever they want on the products they make.

In the same manner, the US government has every right to pick their sources, including bible thumpers and non-bible thumpers.

I really wonder how the men/women that actually use them feel about it.

Honestly, I doubt they really care, so long as the equipment works for them.

Just as a point of interest, we actually don't know if muslim gun manufacturers put koran quotes on their weapons/weapon parts.

I agree, the same people who find the christian quotes so wrong would ignore any Koran quotes or find it perfectly acceptable. (point WELL made)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

Did you even read the article?
it's not serial numbers, it's model numbers

The company even said they do it on purpose.

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Just as a point of interest, we actually don't know if muslim gun manufacturers put koran quotes on their weapons/weapon parts.

You mean NATO guns?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by ModernAcademia]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join