It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel like I am getting closer to the truth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Originally posted by hippomchippo

reply to post by hippomchippo

Sure, but let's start with the basics - Conspiracy Theory 101: where do you stand on the subject of 9/11?

Answer that, just so I know whether or not I need to waste anymore keystrokes on you.

That's completely irrelevant and only goes to show your ignorance.

Actually, it's completely relevant, for 2 reasons:

1) it is the benchmark for which I will gauge your position on other conspiracy theories - why? I believe it is the easiest one to 'prove' one way or the other.

2) when you understand the over all significance/importance of that event, you are ready to understand everything else going on around you (the necessity of black ops and government coverups).

No, it isn't relevant, because we're talking about a 2012 doomsday event, not a government coverup(Which I believe by the way, thats why I'm here)
I believe in spirituality, Government coverups, UFOs, Aliens, but not this.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

As I've already pointed out, your terms are so vague, it's impossible for anyone to take you up. Your hypotheses is untestable and unfalsifiable. In short, it's unscientific (big shock).

You are funny. Sad, but funny.

Really? Hey, I remember you now - you spewed the same bullsh!t before. I asked you to explain where my terms were 'irrational' and you clammed up.

I also said that I would entertain a more 'sensible' proposal, should you be able to come up with one.

Nothing.

Check, and mate.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

As I've already pointed out, your terms are so vague, it's impossible for anyone to take you up. Your hypotheses is untestable and unfalsifiable. In short, it's unscientific (big shock).

You are funny. Sad, but funny.

Really? Hey, I remember you now - you spewed the same bullsh!t before. I asked you to explain where my terms were 'irrational' and you clammed up.

I also said that I would entertain a more 'sensible' proposal, should you be able to come up with one.

Nothing.

Check, and mate.

Check and mate indeed, it seems you've turned this debate from 2012, to personal beliefs and personal attacks, way to completely go off topic when asked for evidence.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Just show us the evidence that convinced you that something will happen. Surely there must be some, otherwise you are being irrational. I'm not going to enter a bet with someone who is being irrational, any more than I will place a bet on the horses with a crazy person wandering the street looking for their airship.

We don't need bets, but evidence.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Evidence - well, we already KNOW of the solar max is going to happen, it's going to be big and we're not prepared for it - let's start there. Where do you stand on this 'theory'?

What do you think is going to happen when vast populations are without electricity, and communications are whiped out forweeks, perhaps months (or even longer) on end?

And, that's just ONE of the many theories and other depressing sh!t that just seems to be culminating within the next 3 years!

[time to drink beer and watch some college bball - I'll check back later]

[edit on 1/18/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Evidence - well, we already KNOW of the solar max is going to happen, it's going to be big and we're not prepared for it - let's start there. Where do you stand on this 'theory'?

What do you think is going to happen vast populations are without electricity, and communications are hiped out for months on end?

And, that's just ONE of the many theories and other depressing sh!t that just seems to be culminating within the next 3 years!

The next solar maximum is for 2012-2014, and isn't going to be more than average power wise.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

What do you think is going to happen when vast populations are without electricity, and communications are whiped out forweeks, perhaps months (or even longer) on end?

The last time it happened was about 150 years ago, I forget the exact year in the 1800's. They said if that same exact solar event happened today with the current technology that we use, it would wipeout the power grid and the masses would be without power for months. You would have to assume this would cause mass panic and lead to all kinds of things.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by shasta9600]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Timewave zero.

I-Ching

Mayan Calendar of conscious evolution.

Ancient Hindu and Sumerian texts.

Along with all the corrupt government systems in this world.

those are some of the reasons for me giving some credit to this whole 2012 time span

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
Timewave zero.

I-Ching

Mayan Calendar of conscious evolution.

Ancient Hindu and Sumerian texts.

Along with all the corrupt government systems in this world.

those are some of the reasons for me giving some credit to this whole 2012 time span

Half of those are based on speculative readings of the text(IE they could be interpreted differently) Timewave zero has never predicted any significant event, only afterwards has he been able to ''tie it all together'', corrupt goverment systems is by no means proof for a 2012 doomsday, I'm not familiar with the I-ching, so I will look into that.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

2012 isn't going to be a doomsday.
don't know why you have the disinformation idea in your head.

i give up though. your brain will always prove whatever it thinks, in any case. by one means or another.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

2012 isn't going to be a doomsday.
don't know why you have the disinformation idea in your head.

i give up though. your brain will always prove whatever it thinks, in any case. by one means or another.

Ah, you're giving up because I believe it's being interpreted as a doomsday?
And some how I have disinformation because I thought most people think it's a doomsday?
So tell me then, what WILL happen on 2012?
And my brain will usually take into account evidence before I form opinions on things, it's a great thing, you know..

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

it's not about whats going to happen on a day in 2012.
it's about what is happening every single day you live,
every single day you interact with those around you.

do you even understand the concept of synchronicity?

all living things are interconnected, after 2012 once the world realizes what is really going on, things will change. preconceived ignorant and arrogant notions, will change.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

it's not about whats going to happen on a day in 2012.
it's about what is happening every single day you live,
every single day you interact with those around you.

do you even understand the concept of synchronicity?

all living things are interconnected, after 2012 once the world realizes what is really going on, things will change. preconceived ignorant and arrogant notions, will change.

Your arrogance is really oozing out right now, Yes I believe in a global consciousness, that does not say anything for 2012 though, which is the topic at hand.
And since you don't even know what 2012 is, why couldn't it be a doomsday event?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

i don't know what 2012 is?

k i am done here, you clearly lack simple reading comprehension.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

i don't know what 2012 is?

k i am done here, you clearly lack simple reading comprehension.

You clearly lack common decency and manners.
YOU haven't told me what's going to happen in 2012, you've rambled on about synchronicity, but haven't told me whats going to happen, only that SOMETHING will happen.
Well guess what? SOMETHING happens ALL THE TIME
I must be dreaming, the population can't be this stupid.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ok guys, come on, what do you say we stop this bickering and get back on topic. The OP said he was getting close to the truth...something i can definitely relate to in my very brief time here. My concern is every time i feel like i have some small element of truth, something else comes along to make me doubt everything once again. What do we KNOW? I mean KNOW, not speculate, surmise, or guess. Essentially nothing. Everything we know is either taught or indoctrinated in us from a young age. I'm having a hard time changing all these paradigms in my thinking.

I like to think i've "awakened" recently and been closer to the truth than ever in my life, but what if it's bullsh!t? What if we're just chasing the wind? Most of the information out there on 2012 and human origins, purpose, etc comes from The Ra Material, Cassiopaeans as well only not to the extent of the Ra Material. The rest comes from channelings, psychics and David Wilcock type people etc, OBE's, all which are completely unreliable and probably corrupted by demons/evil beings. How do we separate the truth from the untruth?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

You are thinking. That's a start!

There is certainly time left. The Adamantine particles are flooding in now, this is forcing many to awaken whether they are ready or not!

You are Cosmic Intelligence and you've never been anything less... even though at times you may not have been aware of this. By Cosmic Intelligence I am referring to the all and ever present Intelligence which permeates every particle of creation. Even the smallest particles in this world contain in their cores this Cosmic Intelligence, for without this Life
Substance, they could not exist – you could not exist! Because of this
all present Intelligence everything around you reacts to the thought-
patterns you transmit.

So choose your thoughts wisely in these crazy end times! It is only the end of time as we know it. Not the end of the world.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am not a fan of 2012 doomsday predictions or false and misleading propaganda, although I will admit that it did draw me in for some time. This information astrobiology.nasa.gov... has significantly improved my perceptions, although I am still open minded to the possibilities of increased solar activity and gravitational fluctuations, which are all part of the Earth's tumulus trend.

That being said, I still adhere to the factual data surrounding the multitudes of secret/covert government conspiracies, to include HAARP and other precarious ventures.

Folks, Hollywood is ripe with corruption and will stop at nothing to entertain you and keep you in a state of FEAR. The 2012 movies, the media campaigns, and the propaganda online will only serve to disrupt our cohesive potential; while you are too busy being entertained and scared out of your mind, the Masters of deceit are planning to kill you.

Period.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The Solar Max you speak of happens every 11 years. The next one is in the spring of 2013, not 2012. It is not expected to be unusual in any way.

How does this Solar Max in the spring of 2013 relate to what you are saying will occur in 2012?

If you truly studied this, then you are aware the Solar Max is not in 2012?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Poopra

Use the scientific method. It's that simple. That's why before we had that method in the west, we had the dark ages. It's no coincidence the development of the method, and its adoption, thrust us into the renaissance.

So basically, don't listen to anyone banging on about 2012 unless they have hard facts from people in a position to know. That means it's incumbent on you to ignore sources of information that have not demonstrated their veracity, such as channelers, astral projectionists, David Wilcock, purported Mayan prophecy, etc. etc. etc. If a channeler can demonstrate, scientifically, their ability to receive knowledge, then go for it and believe them - but not a single one ever has been able to do so.

Seriously, it makes a lot of sense to ignore all the 2012 stuff, as not a single expert has come forward and said anything, and despite what some would say on this board, there is no reason for every single one of them to hide everything from the public.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join