It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olson phone calls questioned. 3 official denials.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

All those phone calls were most likely totally bunk. Or at least that is the response you will hear from most here. I tend to agree actually.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Well apparently there were no airphones on that plane and she did not call from her cell, that much is clear. So who called her husband?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by mikelee

Nope, not buying it.

I've seen all of the 'arguments' put forth regarding the so-called "fake" phone calls, and what is in little doubt is that very clever, and intransigient people who call themselves part of the so-called "Truth Movement" will unashamedly twist and spin ANY source they can get their hands on, in order to alter the perceptions that many other people, who are pre-disposed in the FIRST place towards the "TM" bias, will accept, virtually without question or rational enquiry.

I will sometimes refer to the second group ( present company excepted, of course
) as somewhat 'gullible', since it IS very easy to sway them, even on the flimsiest of pretenses.

This is why, in a nutshell, I now feel embarassed for what is called the "TM" in general. Too much "noise" out there (for what reason, I haven't the foggiest notion, anymore...) that keeps polluting any real efforts to cut through the nonsense.

Besides, there is lacking a singular definition of the so-called "Truth", a srelates to this general topic.

It has become a sort of 'free-for-all', and just about any Tom, Dick and Harry will chime in with a 'personal' pet opinion or "theory", thus ruining it for the serious so-called "TM" types.

That is the view from the sidelines, at least, as I am observing and interpreting the action.

What exactly are you trying to say? All I can hear in your comment is a rant at some TM group. Can you say why you think a person can use a mobile in a plane? I've tried this both in the UK, Egypt, Europe, NY, Spain, Dubai and have lost signal in a 1min or two after take-off on two different providers.

Come on poster what is your agenda on here hehehehehheee

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Albatross, there actually WERE AirFones installed on the airplane operated as American Airlines flight 77, on 11 September, 2001.

This load of 'bunk' regarding the phone calls is from a man named David Ray Griffin.

He is a self-styled "truther" who hides behind his appellation "doctor" to give him a certain air of credibility, when in fact his degree is in Divinity.

It has already been posted, (and you can search for it online) where he actually ADMITS that he was in error, regarding the AirFone installation on American Airlines's B-757 fleet, at that time in Fall of 2001.

(AA removed the 'Fones' starting in March, 2002)...

This is all on record, and verifiable. Anything else you see, any claims otherwise are bogus.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

All right, that's my bad. Thanks for the correction. I respect Griffin for at least admitting his error though. There are some who will never do so even when they are proven wrong beyond every shadow of a doubt.

Now can one call collect from the airfone?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

Can you say why you think a person can use a mobile in a plane?

There is strong evidence pointing to Mrs. Olson's use of the on-board AirFones. She may have attempted to use a mobile phone, as well...there seems to be reports of sporadic connections, via her cellphone.

At low altitudes, especially when you consider height above ground, cellphone connections have been known to be made. (just knowing the MSL altitude isn't enough information -- the height of the terrain beneath the airplane at any given point along its ground track is also important).

On a side note, it is interesting to review the circumstances surrounding Delta Airlines flight 1989. That flight was, upon the total US Airspace shutdown, and mandatory landing of all flights (enacted at ~0945 hours, that morning) and there was concern because of an uncooperative passenger, onboard, who would NOT stop using his cellphone, and ignored flight crew demands to do so.

That flight landed in Cleveland, Ohio, and briefly sparked concern that it may have had a bomb onboard...it also caused confusion, as it was mistaken for United Airlines flight 93, briefly.

But, Delta 1989 was Boeing 767, Boston-Los Angeles, and United 93 was a Boeing 757, Newark-San Francisco.

Still....in this subject, LOTS and LOTS of bad information continues to float around on the Web. We all need to sift through the flotsam and jetsam, and toss the detritus.....

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Now can one call collect from the airfone?

As I recall, back then yes.

Even today, I believe it's the same. Most people tend to think you must have a credit card to activate....but as today (different company today, I think) you can reach Customer Service with a few buttons.

You can even call seat-to-seat (at least, the system that my ailrine has installed, can. We can also call a seat phone, at a seat, from the same phone we have in the cockpit). Not all airline companies use the same types of airborne phones, though. So, product may differ....

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Alfie1

Well apparently there were no airphones on that plane and she did not call from her cell, that much is clear. So who called her husband?

Evidence please :- (a) that cellphones could not operate in any circumstances from AA 77 and (b) that airfones were not in place on AA 77 ( according to my information they did not begin to be de-commisioned until 2002.) Was Lori Keyton lying to the FBI when she said she had spoken to Barbara Olson and transferred the call to her husband ?

Was Mrs May lying about receiving a call from her daughter on AA 77 ? Did she lie when she phoned American Airlines to report the hi-jacking, as requested by her daughter ? Is she in on it ?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by Alfie1

All those phone calls were most likely totally bunk. Or at least that is the response you will hear from most here. I tend to agree actually.

Well the phone calls from Barbara Olson to Ted Olson also involved AT & T operators and a Dept of Justice secretary Lori Keyton. She confirmed to the FBI on 9/11 that she had spoken to Barbara Olson that morning and transferred the calls to Ted Olson.

There was also a call from Renee May on flight AA 77 to her mother telling her of the hi-jacking and asking her to inform American Airlines, which she did.

It is all very well describing the phone calls as "totally bunk" but are the AT & T operators, DOJ secretary Lori Keyton, and Mrs May all in on it ? If so many small bit players are " in on it " is it remotely possible that silence could have been maintained for nearly 9 years ?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
One could say the whole 911 issue is distasteful but, there are conditions, incidents and so on that demand scruitny regardless of one's moral bearing or compass feeling it has been disgusted by whatever.

FBI & AA doubt any calls happened. Or at the very least Ted was duped. So with that, all of you whose feelings get hurt by folks like me asking questions, just need to pull your britches up tighter and deal with it or log in over at the McDonalds Happy Meal forums.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
One could say the whole 911 issue is distasteful but, there are conditions, incidents and so on that demand scruitny regardless of one's moral bearing or compass feeling it has been disgusted by whatever.

FBI & AA doubt any calls happened. Or at the very least Ted was duped. So with that, all of you whose feelings get hurt by folks like me asking questions, just need to pull your britches up tighter and deal with it or log in over at the McDonalds Happy Meal forums.

There is asking questions and there is just being downright offensive because you haven't bothered to check things out.

You make an issue of some superficial similarities between Ted Olson's current wife and his late wife but you ignore the fact that the former is many inches taller than the latter and is a tax attorney from Kentucky. How about confirming that the tax attorney current wife had no existence before 9/11/01 ? Of course you can't, so your observations are tasteless rubbish.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

[color=gold]BREAKING 9/11 NEWS: FBI Says Barbara Olsen Did Not Call Ted Olsen. Bush Solicitor General LIED!!

Now we know why it didn’t smell right. It was a lie. The FBI has reported that no such call between Barbara Olsen and Ted Olsen ever took place on 9/11/2001.
But, as Griffin rightly points out, in this interview, there is no “EVIDENCE” of their existence.

Which also reveals that mis-information shill, Popular Mechanics, in their 9/11 interview on the Charles Goyette Show months ago, lied when they told us there was DNA evidence of the so-called Muslim hijackers. LIES, all lies.
When will corporate media stop their participation in a criminal cover up? If the former Solicitor General lying to America by creating a complete fabrication he spread around the world through corporate media, is not a story worthy of CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, Democracy Now, The Nation, Rolling Stone, PBS, NPR, and all the other fourth estate . . . then they have no right to refer to themselves as media.
They should forever in the future refer to themselves as “The Propaganda Ministry.”

www.opednews.com...

This info came from the trial transcripts in the Zacharias Moussaoui trial. The FBI testified under oath that NO calls were completed. Of course, no one noticed the elephant in the room and asked the logical question, as it would have opened an assortment of problems for the perps, and that is not allowed. Face it OS believers, you have no proof that Barbra Olsen made any phone calls on that flight. Your only evidences are the lying mouthpieces in our media who defended our corrupt Administration.

I support the OP findings one hundred percent.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by Alfie1

Well the phone calls from Barbara Olson to Ted Olson also involved AT & T operators and a Dept of Justice secretary Lori Keyton. She confirmed to the FBI on 9/11 that she had spoken to Barbara Olson that morning and transferred the calls to Ted Olson.

There was also a call from Renee May on flight AA 77 to her mother telling her of the hi-jacking and asking her to inform American Airlines, which she did.

It is all very well describing the phone calls as "totally bunk" but are the AT & T operators, DOJ secretary Lori Keyton, and Mrs May all in on it ? If so many small bit players are " in on it " is it remotely possible that silence could have been maintained for nearly 9 years ?

Simple answer is yes.

Doesn't that seem too convenient that a DOJ Secretary would be sitting on the line as well?

That part doesn't even make sense to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

my bad

[edit on 12-4-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

No phone calls from Barbara Olsen...Per the FBI. Want to go unload your moral cannon on them? Be my guest.

Barbara Olsen was a ballet dancer in her years right before broadcasting, and was 5'5", hardly a "taller" woman than Ted's new one. Unless she is 5'4" that is.

"Hardly checked things out?"...Either I posted in Chinese by mistake (and you can't read Chinese) or, you just don't read period, as I posted the facts from the FBI. What more do you need to understand there were NO CALLS!?

Even American Airlines doubts there were any calls as well.

[edit on 4/12/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Exactly! Why would the FBI's employee be on the same line anyway? It would have been too obvious to put an Agent on there, so they probably thought "let's put one of our secretarys on there, no one will suspect it".

I'm suprised we haven't heard from the NSA stating they "accidently" captured all of the phone calls on their computer listening system AND a sat image of flight 93 just before it hit the ground. (of course that can't be cause it was shot down) But it wouldn't surpise me at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

an AA spokesman wrote: “American Airlines 757s do not have onboard phones for passenger use.” To check on the possibility that Barbara Olson might have borrowed a phone intended for crew use, they asked, “[A]re there any onboard phones at all on AA 757s, i.e., that could be used either by passengers or cabin crew?” The response was: “AA 757s do not have any onboard phones, either for passenger or crew use. Crew have other means of communication available.”

Source: The letter of inquiry, which was written at the instigation of Ian Henshall, was sent December 6, 2004. The response from American Airlines was sent the same day.

Kinda puts an end to the other claim she used a phone belonging to the plane that day.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

God, it is getting ridiculous isn't it? Like how in the hell would this DOJ lady get on the phone with this ATT Operator.. I am pretty sure you don't automatically get the ATT Operator when you slide your credit card in that phone slot anyway. I could be totally wrong.

Even if I am how in the hell would they just "patch" that to a DOJ Secretary? Like they have 1 waiting on hold just in case this exact scenario to play out? And then they tell us that, but then we couldn't get our jets up fast enough, but thank god they had that DOJ Justice woman to confirm that phone call. Good work guys.

I mean I am really not the biggest CT guy in the world. Most of it IMO is due to misinformation/other agenda, but I swear to god after watching the airliners crash in my college dorm room from day 1 everything has been fishy about this.

Is someone going to hopefully go out of their way so this makes MSM? I haven't heard this anywhere before.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Sadly, probably not. And because it will probably not be in the MSM, nobody will believe it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Well some stuff should never see the light of MSM because it is totally bunk lol, but this is getting brutal. God I mean I hate to say it bc I hate Glenn Beck but how come he can't come up with this # during a broadcast. But I am kidding myself because he has been paid off too aka FNews.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join