It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Presidents afraid of the CIA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

When asked about the letter on the Sunday TV talk shows on Sept. 20, Obama was careful always to respond first by expressing obligatory “respect” for the CIA and its directors. With Bob Schieffer on Face the Nation, though, Obama did allow himself a condescending quip. He commented, “I appreciate the former CIA directors wanting to look out for an institution that they helped to build.” That quip was, sadly, the exception to the rule. While Obama keeps repeating the mantra that “nobody is above the law,” there is no real sign that he intends to face down Panetta and the Seven Dwarfs—no sign that anyone has breathed new life into federal prosecutor John Durham, to whom Holder gave the mandate for further “preliminary investigation.” What is generally forgotten is that it was former Attorney General Michael Mukasey who picked Durham two years ago to investigate CIA’s destruction of 91 tapes of the interrogation of “high-value detainees.”

www.todaysalternativenews.com...,150&values[0]=&values[1]=8448

It goes on to say that Truman and Kennedy were the only presidents to stand up to CIA. Does this mean that the CIA is infact above the president and as such has it's own government established above the American Government?

When you read the rest of the article you get the feeling that the CIA is in fact in charge of America and the presidents better respect that.

(The link directly to the article is not working, but can be found under the National Column 4th article down.)

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
JFK should have been afraid of the CIA. I bet all presidents since have been.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
They are afraid of SAIC, L3communications and of course Israel.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Not really afraid of the CIA.They would wounder who is really running the CIA and is the infomation coming out of the CIA true and correct.The CIA is much more powerful than most presidents relise.If the current president closed the CIA tomorrow it would still operate as usual.The CIA is so large even if you closed down 70% of the CIA and it buildings and sacked thousands of people,the CIA would still operate at full streagth undercover of obamas presence.The present would be told all the CIA has been shut down ,but thats not the real truth at all.Most of what comes out of the CIA for obama eyes only is made up of lies and false evidence.False financial records and reports.When have you even known the CIA to tell the entire truth about anything.Never.I guess they have become to powerful.No.A group of eleven men who control the CIA have become to powerful and rich.No one can touch them as there location is a very guarded secret.The director of the CIA and the president are just puppets for this powerful group to control.Of course obama and the director of the CIA do not take direct orders from this powerful group.Its all the lies,false reports,false satalite imaging and so on which is planned in great detail to fool the president and the director of the CIA to act in order to suite there secret plans and directions.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Presidents should be afraid of the CIA and for good reason. The company is much larger than most corporate entities and is funded to the hilt with billions in tax dollars and black ops billions. With so much involvement in so many domestic business fronts and international interests, it is no surprise that an agency with the ability to do anything and hide things might on ocassion have an internal rogue element that operates under the veil of security classifications while actually transporting tons of drugs and using billions in unaccounted funds to do whatever they want. Crimes involving drugs, exotic weapons, ordinance, guns, children, whatever they choose to do can be done with impunity.

It stands to reason in my mind that sooner or later it becomes about the money and the power to do anything you like and if anyone gets too close, they end up dead by whatever suspicious means work because the bottom line is the bottom line and anything that jepardizes the bottom line has to go away and never be a problem ever again.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
GHW Bush was ex-CIA wasnt he?

edit: yeah I just checked, he was Director of the CIA. So I'd say that some presidents might want to be wearyof them while others had and probably still have the help of the CIA

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Totalstranger]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Anyone who makes it to the top of public politics has done so by being weary of almost everybody, and then taking political positions that least offend everybody who's important (i.e. those important in the private media, electoral game.
The private media sets The Agenda (current political focus), whilst frequent and prolonged media bias's determines the fate of political parties. The political parties control military spending, and how it is spent is influenced by the munitions industry.
The munitions industry is protected by the media, who (theoretically) have the power to destroy it, since they alone set the News Agenda. But because they control the news agenda, that helps determine the will of political party's, that determines what the military will target, they are in fact almost "one of the same".
So unless there's a conflict of interest between those who own the media, and those who control the CIA-arms industry, then the president is likely to find the CIA little more than an extremely useful asset in meeting the objectives of those who scratch his back, with their positive coverage and other assistance against the opposing candidate (who they obviously also support and control).

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Here is my favorite thought on this questionBill Hicks

top topics

join