It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO in Championship Wrestling.............?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hi!

I am new to ATS. I have read some really interesting and thought provoking posts here. I am a Veteran and have a lot of interest in the end time prophecies.

I have read a lot on the New World Order (NWO.) Has anyone else tried to find out the link, if any, to the NWO in Championship Wrestling? I know that wrestling is basically an entertainment platform, with very talented athletes. However, is it any coincidence that this nomenclature (NWO) was the one chosen for the particular entry on WWE?

We all know this show is an Icon to say the least and that millions of people watch it every week.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Air Force Ron]

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Air Force Ron]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't know...

But it would be cool if real life mirrored the story line...

Because I was all behind the NWO in wrestling

Until Rowdy Roddy Piper came out in the Kilt with Bag Pipes Playing and took em on...then I switched sides...

So

If the Scottish are the first to march out on those hills against the NWO..... Then let me be the first to shout FREEEEEDOOOOOOOM

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The only logical solution is that Kevin Nash rules the world, as I previously thought.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

No, SID VICIOUS rules the world. I mean he only said it after every power bomb so it's obviously true right?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
No, Scott Hall rules the world. He just hides behind the facade of an alcoholic who cant get his crap together and meanwhile his henchman Nash, Hogan, and X-Pac are the figureheads.

Scott Hall=Dick Cheney

Nash,Hogan and sometimes Waltman=GW Bush

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Actually, remember.

It was not on the WWE.

It was WCW. Back before they merged with then WWF. Which had it's name changed to WWE.

So what you mean, is was there any connection with the NWO thing on WCW.

I don't really know, but that stuff was hilarious back in those days!

They probably picked it because it was catchy and gets attention.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
No, Scott Hall rules the world. He just hides behind the facade of an alcoholic who cant get his crap together and meanwhile his henchman Nash, Hogan, and X-Pac are the figureheads.

Scott Hall=Dick Cheney

Nash,Hogan and sometimes Waltman=GW Bush

LOL, never thought of it like that.

Anyone else think it's funny how there were two separate NWO factions? I think it was NWO vs. NWO Wolf Pack or something like that.

Come to think of it NWO (Sheep) vs. NWO Wolf Pack...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ah, remember who owned the WCW? Ted Turner. You could make a connection to Ted and the NWO. Maybe he pushed the storyline.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Air Force Ron

Welcome sir

Not much talk of wrestling here and the NWO.

Sounds like it could be your first thread. If there's a link, people here will
find it.

I'm more of a MMA guy myself, Go GSP.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Funny, for some odd reason this crossed my mind just a couple weeks ago. I'm not and never was a wrestling fan, but do remember when they had the NWO.

Just a guess, but maybe there was some kind of subliminal attempt going on with that crowd who was into pro wrestling.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Back in the WWE (WWF at the time), when Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) Diesel (Kevin Nash) and Sean Waltman (1-2-3 Kid, X-Pac) were still in there, they were a part of a group called The Kliq. This wasn't a kayfabe (storyline) stable; this was a behind the scenes group of wrestlers, who had nigh-utter control over the booking (set up of matches). The 3 above were members, as well as HHH and Shawn Michaels.

Before the first 3 names listed went to the WCW, on their last night (not a tv show, it was a house show) 4 members of this Kliq had matches against each other (Think it was HHH vs Ramon and Michaels vs Diesel). In kayfabe, none of them were really involved with one another and in fact there were established faces (crowd favorites, "good" guys) and heels ("bad" guys). After their matches, still infront of the crowd, The Kliq got together for a group hug. Again, this "Kliq" was not a kayfabe thing, it wasn't ever acknowledged on screen. So needless to say, this whole thing was like "lol wat" for the crowd, and a real start of people realising the fixed nature of professional wrestling (not that it was ever totally well hidden, but at least they tried to uphold the image).

So, Hall, Waltman, and Nash went over to WCW. In the WCW, the nWo was created and in the WWF, Degeneration X was created. And surprise, The Kliq members remained as dominant forces in the booking of matches. In fact, nWo booking decisions were partly responsible for destroying the WCW. HHH is in real life married to the McMahons now, so when Vince finally steps down, and stephanie is "in control", you'll actually be seeing HHH mostly in control.

Fun fact, from the Kliq incident, the only one that got in trouble was HHH due to being the only one he could affect (Michaels was the WWF champion and their biggest draw at the time). HHH was being pushed as a soon to be champion, so that stopped for some time. He was pegged to win a PPV called King of the Ring. Since they stopped his push, someone else got a chance for the spotlight. And who was that person? I'll give you a clue: It's the PPV where the promo "You believe in your god and your bible...well Austin 3:16 just said I whopped your ass!". And thus started the period know as the Attitude Era, the rise of Stone Cold and The Rock, and the rest...is well history.

There are obvious similarities in at least The Kliq with the real New World Order, and McMahon's wife IS running for senate in CT...plus the WWE is a WORLD wide entertainment platform, routinely pulling in huge ratings...in some way or another McMahon likely is in some way or another part of the Pyramid power broking scheme we call the New World Order.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wow!

Thanks for all the replies, comments and thoughts! I am starting to see a clearer link to the NWO in Wrestling, and the real NWO in progress now.

Thanks and keep digging!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just a thought too..............

Remember when Chris Benoit "Rabid Wolverine" was found dead in his home in Georgia, along with his wife and child...........

An apparent murder/suicide...............

Could this have been a cover-up with the WWE trying to hide something? Maybe Chris found out something about the possible ties of the WWE with the real NWO. His murder/suicide sure was completely thought out and planned to a tee..........

Most people thought the reason of Steroids was the motive.................but I wonder!

Any thoughts!

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ok, first of all.

Hello ATS. I've been a reader for a while and decided it is time I chime on a few things.

So this is a good place to start. Some of the things that I have read in this thread are headachingly befuddling.

The New World Order (of wrestling) is largely considered the most well known stable (group of wrestlers) in history. It was what allowed World Championship Wrestling (WCW) to surpass the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) in the television ratings battle of the 1990's.

What made it so special? Well, it all started when Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, who were top draws in the WWF as Razor Ramon and Diesel respectively, showed up 'unannounced' on WCW live TV. Obviously they were under contract to WCW but it was not announced on TV or in the arena, giving the fans the impression that they were invaders of the rival promotion (WWF).

When Scott Hall jumped the barricade and got on a live microphone and said 'We're taking over' it didn't help but further the confusion.

Anyway, LONG story short. A match was then built up to take place at the annual Pay Per View (PPV) Bash At The Beach in 1996. The match would feature Scott Hall and Kevin Nash (the conveniently named Outsiders) and a Mystery Third Man (oh, the drama!) facing off against WCW's top babyface (good guy) wrestlers. Macho Man Randy Savage, Total Package Lex Luger, and the franchise boy Sting. Luger was incapitated by the Outsiders during the opening moments of the match. Which evened the score 2-2, since the Third Man was nowhere to be found.

The match breaks down into a melee, which often happens, and The Outsiders have the match firmly in hand. Luger is hurt. Sting is hurt. They are beating Savage senseless.

Then, the almighty Hulk Hogan makes his epic return to WCW and enters the ring to SAVE WCW!

But what happens next is pure wrestling history

www.youtube.com...

As you can see from the above clip. They were there to destroy WCW and in its place would be the New World Order. They had their own PPV (Souled Out 1997) and video games (WCW/nWo Revenge) and there was talks about them having their own weekly TV show as a rival faction.

Unlike the real NWO, they operate in public view and relish the spotlight. They do whatever they want whenever they want (another classic Hall line), and they tell you to your face that they are in control.

Like the real NWO, they are very well connected in the pro wrestling industry, and even today they have all resurfaced in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) as 'The Band'. As in 'The Band is Back Together'. Since the then-WWF now owns the NWO trademark.

The NWO is not part of a large corporate scheme that McMahon is part of. Linda McMahon running for the Senate is not because of her connectedness to the Bilderberg's or anything like that. They did not have Benoit or Owen Hart killed. Look it up if you don't know about those two situations.

However, there is speculation among some that Kevin Sullivan, a known Satanist, was responsible for the murders. It was 10 years exactly after he made a vow that he would get Benoit for stealing his wife. Coincidence?

edit: I havn't quite figured out the embed video function yet

[edit on 18-1-2010 by iamtheraptor]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Welcome To ATS!

Now, let me get this straight...If you mess with the NWO, you're messing with the whole trailer park?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Air Force Ron
Just a thought too..............

Remember when Chris Benoit "Rabid Wolverine" was found dead in his home in Georgia, along with his wife and child...........

An apparent murder/suicide...............

Could this have been a cover-up with the WWE trying to hide something? Maybe Chris found out something about the possible ties of the WWE with the real NWO. His murder/suicide sure was completely thought out and planned to a tee..........

Most people thought the reason of Steroids was the motive.................but I wonder!

Any thoughts!

Thanks!

No.
Chris was deeply troubled..

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Air Force Ron

Welcome, Air Force Ron.

New World Order : There Is No Such Thing, Architect's of Lies, They Created A Phantom Menace

Personally, I see the N.W.O. in wrestling as nothing more than Vince McMahon and the previously known W.W.F. capitalizing on the name of a fictitious entity.

To this end, McMahon did use the lettering W.W.F. when there already was a W.W.F.

He used their letters, intentionally, to capitalize off of their name.

He was successfuly sued over this so it is not so far for my claim.

He is a copycat, nothing more, using an image, name, or euphemism to gain capital.

After being sued the W.W.F. was changed to the W.W.E.

Wildlife Fund Pins Wrestling Federation

Quote from : Wildlife Fund Pins Wrestling Federation

In a smackdown with the World Wildlife Fund over the WWF acronym, Vince McMahon has asked the referee to stop the fight.

McMahon's World Wrestling Federation announced late Monday it would change its name to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).

The name change comes a little more than two months after a U.K. Court of Appeal upheld a lower court's ruling that the World Wrestling Federation breached a 1994 accord with the World Wildlife Fund to limit the use of the acronym.

The Switzerland-based conservation group registered WWF as a trademark when it was founded in 1961, although it goes by Worldwide Fund for Nature outside of the U.S.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The NWO was created by Eric Bischoff and WCW.

Then the WWE, which was the WWF, bought WCW and subsequently the trademarks owned by WCW.

ie, the nWo.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
and now ex-nWo memembers Nash,Hogan,Waltman and the mastermind Hall are set to take over TNA.

Nash was sent in first to do some recon. Hall almost made a comeback a while back before the assassination attempt on his life that was covered up and labeled as injuries/drinking.

But now they are all there w/Bischoff too

BEWARE

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies!

Anyone else have any comments or thoughts?

top topics

join