It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy to Require Anyone Who Uploads Video to the Internet to Obtain Government Authorization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Italy to Require Anyone Who Uploads Video to the Internet to Obtain Government Authorization

New rules to be introduced by government decree will require people who upload videos onto the Internet to obtain authorization from the Communications Ministry similar to that required by television broadcasters, drastically reducing freedom to communicate over the Web, opposition lawmakers have warned.

The decree is ostensibly an enactment of a European Union (EU) directive on product placement and is due to go into effect at the end of January after being subjected to a nonbinding appraisal by parliament.

Read the full article here.

I'm making this thread here because it relates to a lot of people, obviously those in the EU, but who knows this may spread very quickly.

This also goes hand in hand with a thread I just made about a possible tax coming to those using the internet. You all told me "Well the govt. can't do that!" well think again.

The govt. as of right now may not be able to tax us for internet usage, but they may be able to stop us from uploading videos without asking them first if it's "okay" material. Well I'm assuming if my video has proof of some govt. official doing something he should not be doing then the govt. would say "Sorry, video declined."

I really hope the US does not try and do this to us, and I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone at all. This would violate our right of freedom of speech first off, and many more rights that we should have.

Does this mean all videos that are already uploaded will need to be authorized as well? Damn that would be a shame because many videos will be taken off the internet very quickly if so.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The decree is ostensibly an enactment of a European Union (EU) directive on product placement and is due to go into effect at the end of January after being subjected to a nonbinding appraisal by parliament.

So this might become an EU wide ban on free speech without government approval?! The beginning of the Fourth Reich is quickly on it's way to a neighborhood near you, Europeans.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Damn never thought It really was gonna happen. I mean we talk about it but to actually see it comming so close is pretty scary. I will fight if this comes in my country. You know what is funny? at this very moment I have uploaded the first part to the audio book of George Orwell's 1984 on youtube. Thats pretty ironic don't you think?

I will upload the full version in due time, search colleredbrothers on youtube to find me. (animal farm is already uploaded)

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well I think anyone with computer programming knowledge is going to become part of a black market for uploading videos, don't you think it's possible? I guess I will brush up on some of my skills

People need to do something about this. How many times do we all need to state "Well it is time to stand up for our rights! It's time to do something now!" Well I think this thread stands up for itself. We, the people, need to stop this especially now since I just caught it. There has to be a way around their new system that they are trying to implement, but since no one has knowledge of how exactly it will work [yet] we can only sit and wait and see the ways around it. But we can voice our opinions and explain that we NEED our freedom of speech, the internet is all we have left!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It might pass in italy. They've shown that they as a people don't really care what the politicians and government is up to. I doubt that any other place in europe will be as passive.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

That thread has nothing to do with this.

Mods, please post his comment off topic.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
It might pass in italy. They've shown that they as a people don't really care what the politicians and government is up to. I doubt that any other place in europe will be as passive.

True and not so true

more news here with comments.

www.boingboing.net...

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Sure, as it might in the US. Both are just as likely. Your understanding of the EU, and what constitutes a government, is bewildering.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Thanks for contributing to the thread. I will take a look at that link when I have a moment and see if I can find any more info on this whole situation.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Damn... I really hope this doesn t pass in Italy or anywhere else for that matter.

If it does there will be a stream of other countries following...

Next you will come to know is....

Ahhh sorry, later, got to run...

I have to visit the place where even the king goes alone (toilet) and i have to ask for permission which takes a while to get...

Sorry
gotta run...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
looks like they are going to kill free speech

nice! .... I mean, if they want something dead ... why cant they kill themselves

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
According the the whore media

Italians are so unstable that Burlusconi's ratings improved 10% overnight as result of what some say was a faked smack in the mouth with a statuette of Milan Cathedral

But not all of us believe the whore media

Last time Italy was featured in conspiracy news was in connection with the demand that crucifixes/crosses be removed from all public buildings .. or did it just apply to schools ?

What happened about the crucifixes, anyone know ? Did the 'authorities' remove them ? Where was the Pope ? Did he have anything to say ? Or was he otherwise occupied in making pronouncements about 'aliens' and kissing religious books ?

Will Italians take it on the chin re: this most recent news re: posting videos online ?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Seems pointless.

Italians never do what their government tells them to do. In some respects, notwithstanding any laws indicating otherwise, Italians may be freer than most of us.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't go as far as saying that those living in Italy do not care what happens politically and/or do not follow any laws anyway. That is entirely untrue, other than that there will always be people not follow the laws of the land which are set by their government.

How do you think those within the UN (by which I mean the countries) would feel about this?

Also, I wonder how this would work. Who would have clearance to upload what videos they wish without getting permission first? No more youtube or googlevideos
Please spread the word about this to everyone so we can all be aware of it before it becomes a problem everywhere.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Insanity. Berlusconi must go.
He is rich fat spoiled and corrupt.
This is unprecedented.
What is it - a "commie" Italy now??

What an insane law!
Idiots

new topics

top topics

join