It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saucy billboards to be "buried" for carrying name of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

An Israeli TV network has agreed to take down billboards advertising a saucy soap after rabbis complained about the Judaic scriptures used in the background. The only problem - the ads are emblazoned with the name of God, meaning they'll have to be given a proper burial.

The national advertising campaign was launched to publicise the second series of Israel's favourite TV series, Srugim. The show, which tells the story of a group of 30-something Zionist, religious professionals who, unmarried, become engaged in certain acts, is popular with just about everyone except very strict Jews. So when the new ads went up at the start of the year with a backdrop up of Torah scriptures, those same strict Jews made it their business to have them taken down.

source: observers.france24.com...

We hear the trumpets play to the praise of the only shining example of democracy in the middle east, the progressive virtues of a righteous government and their commitment to the freedom of press, yet hypocritically they are just as conservative as their neighbors whom they claim superiority over.

A high rez close up of the "offensive" ad: 1.bp.blogspot.com...

Reminds me of the Islamic worlds reaction to the Danish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed
www.prophetcartoons.com...

In sum, two more cases for the the mental in fundaMENTAList.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
wow, i've never seen sauce as saucy as that add

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulsterman
wow, i've never seen sauce as saucy as that ad

Here's are some more forbidden eye candy (according to saudi arabia) to satisfy your insatiable thirst
barenakedislam.wordpress.com...

Images of bare female flesh are banned in Saudi Arabia. There’s no efficient system in place for removing the offensive material, which means that somebody has the painstaking job of coloring all those arms, legs, midriffs and cleavage that make appear on the covers of Western magazines and imported products.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

HAHAHAHA Thats great

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ulsterman

Ulsterman, it looks like it's just you and me buddy... that find this amusing and enlightening. Thank you for the bumps and most importantly your interest/support otherwise i would have just let this subject/thread die... stars for you.

Here's another one for the record... how can we forget our beloved jesus-freaks
:

The Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling are not only popular with children, they are popular with Christian censors as well. Harry Potter books have consistently been among the most challenged books in schools and libraries for the past several years, according to the American Library Association. Why do so many Christians object to Harry Potter? How have conservative Christians attempted to censor the Harry Potter books and prevent kids from reading them?

The American Library Association defines a “challenge” to a book as any attempt to “remove or restrict materials, based upon the objections of a person or group.” Harry Potter books topped the list of most challenged books for four years in a row: 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002. It was the second most challenged book in 2003 and dropped off the list in 2004.

source: atheism.about.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Lol..that's funny. Good to know there are idiotic people too incharge of religions.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Lol..that's funny. Good to know there are idiotic people too incharge of religions.

Matter of fact, my fellow info-warrior, what i have found is that there is a correlation in character that is common to the two opposing activists of each camp i.e:

911 Truthers & palestinian-supporters ... are from what i have noted, more likely freethinkers, critical thinkers, deep thinkers, with a big picture perspective that rejects all forms of censorship.

Where as the OS-parrots & pro-Israel/zionist bullies are essentially sheeple with a jingoistic fidelity that have a self-centered myopic view of the world.

In sum both enemies of the truth are OCD censors when any fragment of reality is brought up to challenge their delustions of grandeur.

btw, keep up the good fight... i admire your work here on ATS, you keep all these a-holes feet to the fire... 'well done' (double meaning).

[edit on 23-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

hey bud, thanks for the harry potter article.
I needed a good laugh.
people eh!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Interesting to see that the American Library Association runs a week-long nationwide annual event they call Banned Books Week... "is an annual event celebrating the freedom to read and the importance of the First Amendment." www.ala.org...

More books that were banned this past year, most of which were banned due to direct or indirect influence of religious ideologies:

The ALA Office of Intellectual Freedom...

compiles lists of challenged books as reported in the media and submitted to us by librarians across the country. For more about books challenged over the last 20 years, as well as information about classic novels that have been challenged and/or banned, please see Frequently Challenged Books.

Glad to see such an org taking such a proactive stand against censorship.

As Oscar Wilde once simply stated, "There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are either well written, or badly written".

[edit on 26-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

new topics

top topics

join