It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 US soldiers head to Haiti as violence intensifies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Dare I crack open this can of worms? Open Gitmo first off. The "pooch" has already been screwed on this deal.
The US has housed and processed many Hatian and Cuban peoples at Gitmo for legal entry into the US in the past and it worked well. I know first hand because I worked at Gitmo in 95 helping with this task. All issues were attended as well as separation of prisoners and fugitives from the the political refugees.
We dont need contaminants at Miami International. Many people think of Guantanamo in a negative aspect, but the place is designed for just this type of emergency. There we can carefully and properly process the people that will become Americans or desire to return home.

If it were me I would have dropped alot of parrachutes surrounding the quake area in the first day, completely geared up and everybody meets in the middle after weve pulled out all the survivors and assesed the dead. I dont know why we didnt do this. I believe its taking entirely too long. I know if we wanted to invade a country anywhere in the world that we could establish a pretty good prescense in less than 24 hours. I understand that the desire for troop safety is a concern, but troopers go into raging gun battles on a regular basis. Are those less dangerous than an earthquake?

We have the greatest search andrescue/fighting force on the planet with unbelieveable mobility and versatility, why arent we using them? Its what they train for.

Im simply saying I think alot more life could be positively affected in a more expedient fashion instead of trying to get everybody on-board financially before we decide to make it an emergency.

The US has over a million personnel on active duty and Im not sure how many National Guard. We could secure Haiti pretty quick if we wanted.Theres probably what like 300,000 in the middle east right now.
All Im saying is we could have deployed 1500 first responders pretty quick. Why didnt we? Because we have more money invested in 1500 of our troops than the entire country of Haiti is worth. Its the only reason I can come up with. Let evry body get good and dead, hungry and thirsty, then pull up in an aircraft carrier and look like the big hero, just another form of Preident Bush's carrier landing. I guess the only way to make alot of money off of this is to do it exactly how its being done.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by psyko45]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
As stated by schrodingers dog,

Haiti is located by Cuba, a place that US wants.

Heres what I predict. Remember in 2009, the cyclone that hit in Indian Ocean?? The US army base that was right in the middle, and nothing happened to it??

The US has a weapon that emits frequencies to trigger events of cyclones and hurricanes. I think the hoax and fear of global warming is a perfect cover to use this weapon freely. But what if they found a frequency to trigger earthquakes??

Remember the earthquake that hit china recently? If you search up the videos, some of the videos noted seeing rays of different light in the air 30 minutes before the quake happened.

I think it was used on Haiti. The best weapon is ones that causes mass destruction that doesn't destroy the world like nuclear bombs. When the country destabilizes, a "rescue relief" is sent. And then a "justifiable" occupation occurs.

If we are right, and the next earthquake/disaster is Cuba, and US mobilizes over there. The territories of North America will soon be under one command.
And what is left is South America to conquer, which will then be the entire hemisphere under one command, that lied and "justified" their entire plan for dominance.

I will also stick to this saying, "A leader is a leader because of his followers. If no one follows, he is simply a man with a vision."

If one day all the soldiers decided to fight for the right cause, the government will be powerless, regardless of how rich they are.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I was reading an I-report, which by the way, is so well written and spoken, they should hire this reporter! The description of pre-earthquake Haiti was quite blunt:

Until last Tuesday, January 12, at 5:00 PM Port au Prince was a city of two million people with no drinkable water, no sanitation, insufficient schools, inadequate hospitals. Now it is a city ruined by a 7.0 earthquake and virtually no organized relief effort.

www.ireport.com...

Then I checked out Wyclef Jean's site, I know he has been accused of ripping on the Yele fund (which he founded) , on his site he strongly disagrees that he has ripped off any funds. I wanted to see his site, lo and behold the man arrived in Haiti 12 hours after the quake, claiming to have went there for the purpose of clearing away dead bodies, he says one of his men was shot while trying to take bodies to the cemetary, and speaks of the violence he has seen.

“My first mission was, how can we start removing the dead bodies from the street,” he said.

During their efforts, Fan Fan, a local boy who works with Jean’s foundation, was using a truck as a make-shift hearse and was shot to death as he drove away from a cemetery.

The violence is coupled with the ever-present feeling that more buildings could fall in the aftershocks, Jean said.

wyclefjean.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Incorrect. Most people around the world would like to live like Americans, but feel that they can't, and accept who they are, love it, and strive to improve it.

Secondly, you're still wrong even if they did. If everyone lived like Americans, then they would not only consume, but they would also produce, IE, work. If the whole globe had everyone in the middle class earning a job and consuming and production, then there would be significant wealth flow to encourage meeting their needs. Ergo, governments would seek to solve their food needs via technology and new techniques.

In addition to all of that, the advent of vertical farming and clean energy makes any food and energy problems nothing more than a result of greed. Here's the facts. The western world produces more food than I care to count, and massive numbers of this go to the rest of the world, not my dinner plate. In case you didn't study geopolitics, a large percentage of the world's hungry is the result of elitism, racism, or simple lack of care. If you destroyed the "untouchable" mentality in India, and the caste system fell, there would be significantly less hungry and significantly more social programs to help them. If you, for example, helped china stop polluting, they would have tons of less health problems, and in turn more lands to farm. If you, for example, stopped invading and attacking vast regions of the third world, there would be more willingness to work together and willingness to help.

Case in point, Americans could more than quadruple their food production via vertical farming. The Europeans are already doing it. Case in point, there would be nobody without fresh water if they began using the Siberian Ice caps. Case in point, if you just put a little research into solar energy, solar based sea-evaporation systems would make water a non-issue. Case in point, solar power could literally power basic heating and lighting needs in all third worlds. All this without affecting the west. The US could quite literally make a fortune off cheap mass production of food in vertical farms. The Great plains are just completely unused vertical farm opportunities.

I'd hate to break your apocalyptic vision of things, but the only reason people starve is simple greed. Simple as that. And it doesn't even require sacrifice. The Earth is fully capable of supporting 9 billion people today (albeit not healthily) and can support up to 12 billion with proper food production.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Yeah I guess the 2 billion Chinese are just accepting their plight right as poor and impoverished right? HAHA Your utopic view of the Earth is so ignorant I'm not even going to waste my time. Vertical farming? Yeah........right that's going to feed the world. The US top soil has been destroyed by centuries of monoculture..........forests are being burned and destroyed at an alarming rate. Ecosystems are being destroyed and our oceans are overfished. I'm sorry but I believe in wild places and some areas of the Earth should be free from development. LOTS OF AREAS. THere is no way in hell the world could easily support 9 billion people. You my friend have probably never left the keyboard to see the damage and destruction the current 6 billion people have inflicted on the world.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Come on what the hell did anyone expect? Haiti is an overpopulated cess pool of corruption and ignorance. The international community needs to let the chips fall where they may. People NEED to die. The ENTIRE world population needs to be reduced by half. If we don't allow some aspect of natural selection in this world we are ALL doomed in the end. Our children and the children of Haiti will never make it if we don't let nature take it's course sometimes. That's not to say let Haiti suffer but you also can't let a country like Haiti continue to breed and overpopulate or a natural correction WILL HAPPEN! People nowadays live in a goddamn bubble. They think life is all lollipops and puppy dogs. It's NOT! We live by the laws of nature no matter how comfortable and technologically advanced our lives become. God is nature and nature is god's will. You either learn to adapt to nature or you perish. Simple as that. Haitians have not learned to adapt. So their population will be reduced.

Really?

I think if your neighborhood will be hit by a similar earthquake you will be the first to yell for help from others.

You will yell: We need help here!
And we will reply: People NEED to die. (your own words)

That is a very selfish behavior and beware, your words to others will turn to bite you one day.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Makes me laugh! 10,000 Troops to restore law and order. How about putting them 10,000 troops to aid and serve a restoration and recovery rather than a shut up or il shoot approach. Typical American Gov Approach!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I can't wait till the headlines come out about how some Poor Hungry Haitians were killed by the big bad evil American Soldiers. You know it's coming. Meanwhile the soldiers will be caught in the middle while they are attempting to distribute food to the injured, hungry and homeless Children.

let me rephrase your post....

I can't wait till the headlines come out about how some big bad evil American Soldiers were killed by the Poor Hungry ZOMBIE Haitians. You know it's coming.

That's more like what's going to be seen... mark my words...

-

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Another prediction-set by me:

The first shoot-out that lasts a little too long will see Americans resort to the use of explosive munitions such as grenades, mortars and rockets.

Shortly after this first incident, air-strikes will begin.

The stupid American TV will start reporting on Haitian terrorists and Haitian insurgents attacking U.S. 'rescue workers'.

Eventually a tape attributed to one of the Muslim terrorist leaders in Haiti will surface.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez on Sunday accused the United States of using the earthquake in Haiti as a pretext to occupy the devastated Caribbean country and offered to send fuel from his OPEC nation.

World | Natural Disasters

"I read that 3,000 soldiers are arriving, Marines armed as if they were going to war. There is not a shortage of guns there, my God. Doctors, medicine, fuel, field hospitals, that's what the United States should send," Chavez said on his weekly television show. "They are occupying Haiti undercover."

"On top of that, you don't see them in the streets. Are they picking up bodies? ... Are they looking for the injured? You don't see them. I haven't seen them. Where are they?"

Chavez promised to send as much gasoline as Haiti needs for electricity generation and transport.

A perennial foe of U.S. "imperialism," Chavez said he did not wish to diminish the humanitarian effort made by the United States and was only questioning the need for so many troops.

Chavez would agree with you guys. Why send so many troops that are doing aid work? No doubt this an invasion with Haiti so close to Cuba and other countries. Should send aid workers not troops.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Pericle

First off my "neighborhood" isn't filled with make# tin can and cardboard boxes for houses built on a cliff. My neighborhood isn't filled with more people than it can support. Look I know the history of Haiti and the role the US and other western powers have played in keeping the people of Haiti and the country down. BUT and this is a big BUT...........individuals need to bare some of the responsibility for the situation that the Haitian people find themselves in.........earthquake or not. I'm not saying we shoudn't help the Haitian people but...........come on............when thousands of people build their houses on a cliff because there are too many people and not enough places to live...............in an earthquake sensitive country what the hell do you expect. When a 2-3 million people are living in a city that logistically was ever only supposed to support 50-100K what the hell do you expect? I'm not saying let Haitian people die. What I'm saying is there are lots of other "haitis" happening all over the world.......and it's not simply the big bad corporation's fault nor is it western societie's fault. It's like blacks in inner city America and welfare. You keep giving them fish instead of teaching them how to fish well they are going to be complacent and keep having kids out of wedlock etc. Same thing with a country like Haiti. That's all I'm saying.....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

this is bizzarre, what do you suggest, send the troops in (sent to prevent anarchy and assist) in order to make them starve because some locals are starving

Im pretty sure they will not be walking about chowing down on big macs in full view of some starving kid

You are right, humanity surprises me sometimes...............

[edit on 18-1-2010 by blueorder]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What are they going to do? Are they wearing their scarey BLACK OPS outfits and going to bully people or (:duh
are they going to help in a humanitarian effort?

Something tells me the Black outfits will prevail. Hell this makes Katrina look like a little insignificant side show.

I wonder which military they are sending? The ones who would refuse to shoot their own in the US??? They gotta put them someplace.

An absolute nightmare. WELCOME TO HELL.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I think this kind of thing is going to stop once 10,000 battle tested soldiers and Marines arrive to police the streets and restore order.

Hardly hardened. You'll find the majority of your battle hardened soldiers in the psych ward. More like 10,000 engineers, tradesman, medics, surgeons & a couple of national guard.

How was Haiti so devasted yet there is no news of any damage in the Dominican Republic?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Stop saying "Haitians are to blame". Haiti is in a situation many third world countries are in - it cannot support it's population, but the population grows because there is cheap food coming from outside. When this system will fail - because of peak oil, people will have to survive on local food only. See what Cuba did after the fall of URSS.

Haiti is the result of "civilization". The Arawak, the people Columbus found :

The people of this island and of all the other islands which I have found and ,\ seen, or have not seen, all go naked, men and women, as their mothers bore / them, except that some women cover one place only with the leaf of a plant or with a net of cotton which they make for that purpose. They have no iron or steel or weapons, nor are they capable of using them, although they are well-built people of handsome stature, because they are wondrous timid. . . . [T]hey are so artless and free with all they possess, that no one would believe it without having seen it. Of anything they have, if you ask them for it, they never say no; rather they invite the person to share it, and show as much love as if they were giving their hearts; and whether the thing be of value or of small price, at once they are content with whatever little thing of whatever kind may be given to them.

Once the Indians were in the woods, the next step was to form squadrons and pursue them, and whenever the Spaniards found them, they pitilessly slaughtered everyone like sheep in a corral. It was a general rule among Spaniards to be cruel; not just cruel, but extraordinarily cruel so that harsh and bitter treatment would prevent Indians from daring to think of themselves as human beings or having a minute to think at all. So they would cut an Indian's hands and leave them dangling by a shred of skin and they would send him on saying "Go now, spread the news to your chiefs." They would test their swords and their manly strength on captured Indians and place bets on the slicing off of heads or the cutting of bodies in half with one blow. They burned or hanged captured chiefs."

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

[edit on 18-1-2010 by pai mei]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

it is a legitimate comment- they are an indepedent nation and have been for hundreds of years, you could say the "INDEPENDENT NATION OF HAITI" is to blame for it's basket case status

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
" Come on what the hell did anyone expect? Haiti is an overpopulated cess pool of corruption and ignorance. The international community needs to let the chips fall where they may. People NEED to die. The ENTIRE world population needs to be reduced by half. If we don't allow some aspect of natural selection in this world we are ALL doomed in the end. Our children and the children of Haiti will never make it if we don't let nature take it's course sometimes. That's not to say let Haiti suffer but you also can't let a country like Haiti continue to breed and overpopulate or a natural correction WILL HAPPEN! People nowadays live in a goddamn bubble. They think life is all lollipops and puppy dogs. It's NOT! We live by the laws of nature no matter how comfortable and technologically advanced our lives become. God is nature and nature is god's will. You either learn to adapt to nature or you perish. Simple as that. Haitians have not learned to adapt. So their population will be reduced. "

Mr. Z , that is a very disturbed way at looking at the world . If you and your family happened to be Haitian , and living there right now , would you still feel the same way ? ..................Sigh .

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
reply to post by enca78

to restore order or to take over? this could get ugly fast.

I think that if this quake was infact created.......then we are all going to see little pieces of the puzzle fall into place. There is loads of pieces of the puzzle there now for all to see but it depends from which perspective you are looking from.
They complain they cant get aid to Haiti? Whats wrong with parachute drops?
Bush says dont send blankets or water just send your cash?
The 10,000 troops armed? what they going to eat? all the extra weight from weapons could have been replaced by small arms or tasers? The fact that Hilary clinton arrived along with other personel, were they that sure that another quake wouldnt happen while they were there? There are loads of things that point to the fact that theres something not right.
There has been other earthquakes since Haiti but no mention on the news?
Could this be a dry run to see if they could cope with the events of 2012?or is it a ploy to restore the faith in the US government.
Before anyone replies i am NOT anti American , infact i wish every nation all the best as a species.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
*whispers* ... isn't Haiti next to Cuba?

It is very close to Cuba, which would make this "humanitarian" mission a convenient military base. Although since the U.S. already has Guantanamo, Cuba, I wonder if this is just the icing on the cake. With these globalists, we should never underestimate their greed and their need for control.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

It is hoped that armed American troops will quell the unrest when they arrive, but it is unclear exactly when that will be. Canada has also promised to send 1,000 troops to support the relief effort, in addition to the 500 already there.

Looks like the only nations providing security assistance to this disaster are the U.S. and Canada. Where's the other U.N. nations with their assistance?

Here find out

Countries assisting Haiti in Green

Humanitarian response to the 2010 Haiti earthquake

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join